Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 19-04-2013, 05:22 AM
TeaLeaves56

One knows...

When one meets someone and no matter how different they actually look from you, it's like looking at a mirror image of yourself. You immediately recognize yourself in them and can't explain in words how that is.

Does anyone agree or disagree? What was it like meeting your soul mate for the first time?
Old 19-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Jenhearther

Yes agreed
Didn't know it at first but after a while I became aware.
I honestly thought he was the biggest bleeping..jerk in the world
however I was a bleep myself back then, so in truth I was seeing myself in him.
Old 19-04-2013, 05:47 AM
TeaLeaves56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenhearther
Yes agreed
Didn't know it at first but after a while I became aware.
I honestly thought he was the biggest bleeping..jerk in the world
however I was a bleep myself back then, so in truth I was seeing myself in him.

This gave me a chuckle. :) Are you and him on good terms now? I would hope so, right?
Old 19-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Jenhearther

Yes, I believe we are getting there :)
still only time will tell.
Old 19-04-2013, 07:12 AM
TeaLeaves56

I'm really glad to hear that. Best of luck to you both! :-)
Old 19-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Natalia

Last edited by Natalia : 19-04-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 19-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Violets

When I met mine for the very first time, it was love at first site. We were very young, but I felt something deep in my heart. That feeling grew stronger and stronger with time.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Ascender
When I saw him, I knew there was something very different about him. Felt so much love towards the man and it only grows stronger & deeper as the years pass by. Didn't know about twin flames, soulmates, or soul connections back then. I really had no idea why he affected me like he did for so long and so deeply.

Even though this happened back in 1988, I remember it vividly and how it felt. When he came into the room and walked down towards where me & my friends were sitting, I felt some kind of "energy". I guess that is the best way to describe it. It wasn't until he sat down and people started settling in for the meeting that I really noticed him. The most beautiful man I've ever seen. However, he was the total opposite of what I'm normally attracted to. He was a state trooper and I was not into cops at all or one of those women who like to chase after them. Usually, I'm drawn to Mediterranean looking men, and he didn't look like that. But he was magnetic to me. I had to fight the urge to tell the trooper next to him to move, so I could sit next to him. Such a pull to be close to him.

When we locked eyes, it literally felt like I was struck by lightening. I literally flinched and it appeared that he did too...kind of stopped short like when you're stunned, lol. That is how I felt. I have no idea what he felt as I never got to talk to him and only saw him that one time in the flesh. I had the advantage that I could see his name tag, but he never knew my name. Never saw him again until 2012 when I saw pictures of him on the internet from newspaper articles and the flood gates opened and feelings are stronger than ever. Even though he has aged and his looks have changed somewhat, he still affects me.

I've also seen some pictures of him when he was in high school and he still does it to me, lol. I can recognize him at any stage of his life without seeing his name to confirm it is him. I normally can't do that with other people.

He's on my mind all the time with no sign of leaving. I mean, I've carried this with me all these years, why stop now, lol. Besides, I can't. It isn't something I can control and I certainly didn't ask for it. The fact is, I love him unconditionally.
Old 19-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaLeaves56
When one meets someone and no matter how different they actually look from you, it's like looking at a mirror image of yourself. You immediately recognize yourself in them and can't explain in words how that is.

Does anyone agree or disagree? What was it like meeting your soul mate for the first time?
I saw him and everything stopped but that gasp within me (there he is!) like every cell within me speaking. He wasn't the type of man I was ever looking for physically. I usually went for a different type, although his body was oolala.. I felt intense love actually and I honestly felt obsessed and didn't know why. It bothered me a great deal. I felt like I couldn't be apart from him. I had this need to make him 'see' me, remember me, and I always thought that was a queer thought... I remember I couldn't bear to see him at times because the pain of being without him was so great, and I would run out of the building and oddly enough, he often came looking for me. He'd leave the church and come out in his car and look for me. He said he never knew why he felt compelled too, but all he knew was that he didn't want me out there alone.One night he stood there with me and he said he wanted to take me in his arms and kiss me and hold me so bad. Talk about taboo back at that time.

He contained the attributes of kindness, loving, compassionate, great father, mate, friend, that was more than I could have even hoped for, but he wasn't the outdoorsy rugged nature lover that I am. And over the years his physical appearance changed a lot,(but who's hasn't) but I love him to pieces.

As for mirroring each other...I never got that concept but recently, I realize we always have and still do, the good and the bad. The things about me that drive him nuts are issues he has to deal with and vice versa...but the good in us is amazing and wonderful... I'm extremely protective of him and he is of me. It's really weird when I think of it. Even our quirky ways are so damn strange and funny and it's like only we could appreciate that in ourselves and each other. We are a couple of dorks lol, loving, but dorks nonetheless. He's dark hair, blue eyes (well balding now)... and I'm blonde hair and brown eyes. I'm only 5'2" and he's about 5'8". We do bring out the best in each other and in rough patches, we want to run from each other but then we can't and we talk and are stronger and feel more in love than ever. It's all good and all a growing process.
Old 19-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime
When I saw him, I knew there was something very different about him. Felt so much love towards the man and it only grows stronger & deeper as the years pass by. Didn't know about twin flames, soulmates, or soul connections back then. I really had no idea why he affected me like he did for so long and so deeply.

Even though this happened back in 1988, I remember it vividly and how it felt. When he came into the room and walked down towards where me & my friends were sitting, I felt some kind of "energy". I guess that is the best way to describe it. It wasn't until he sat down and people started settling in for the meeting that I really noticed him. The most beautiful man I've ever seen. However, he was the total opposite of what I'm normally attracted to. He was a state trooper and I was not into cops at all or one of those women who like to chase after them. Usually, I'm drawn to Mediterranean looking men, and he didn't look like that. But he was magnetic to me. I had to fight the urge to tell the trooper next to him to move, so I could sit next to him. Such a pull to be close to him.

When we locked eyes, it literally felt like I was struck by lightening. I literally flinched and it appeared that he did too...kind of stopped short like when you're stunned, lol. That is how I felt. I have no idea what he felt as I never got to talk to him and only saw him that one time in the flesh. I had the advantage that I could see his name tag, but he never knew my name. Never saw him again until 2012 when I saw pictures of him on the internet from newspaper articles and the flood gates opened and feelings are stronger than ever. Even though he has aged and his looks have changed somewhat, he still affects me.

I've also seen some pictures of him when he was in high school and he still does it to me, lol. I can recognize him at any stage of his life without seeing his name to confirm it is him. I normally can't do that with other people.

He's on my mind all the time with no sign of leaving. I mean, I've carried this with me all these years, why stop now, lol. Besides, I can't. It isn't something I can control and I certainly didn't ask for it. The fact is, I love him unconditionally.
I'm always touched by your words regarding your man. I can relate. I used to dream about this man I'm with. I knew what his name was oddly enough when I was a child and knew I'd marry a man named that. (oddly enough I dated a couple, married one with the same name, but he was not him...but I wouldn't have had my kids had I not married my now ex and I knew I'd have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl)

The whole way I ended up finding my love is so uncanny as well. I remember wanting the feelings I had to go away so badly. I said I hope he gets fat and bald and maybe I would just be so unattracted to him. Well, he ended up losing most of his hair and put on weight but he's not fat, fat, just the gut some men get...but great arms and legs still and butt lol... but you know what? I loved him all the more. Go figure.

Love your 'name' btw...one of my favorite movies....I love, love, love the music in that movie too.