Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 77 EXCERPT:Since I don't know anything about Spiritualism (but have attended Spiritist meetings), I will take your word (unless proven otherwise) that perhaps the most significant difference between the two is that of reincarnation and that is also of minor consequence to me as well.
Originally, Spiritualist did not believe in Reincarnation for obvious reasons. There are still some who do not believe in Reincarnation, also for obvious reasons. For those Spiritualists who believe in Reincarnation, their beliefs seem to be very similar to Spiritist beliefs with a few nuances.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
O......... a few nuances.

Straight out of some book or account, BJ. Were you one 'ist' or the other you'd be able to explain all, especially where you stood and why. Don't forget my offer to buy you a beer and teach you properly.
Old 30-05-2021, 06:37 PM
Master
I think you are mis-understanding me. It does not come straight out of a book. It is obvious that Modern Day Spiritualist did not believe in Reincarnation.

Having said that, Spiritism came on the scene only a few years after Modern Day Spiritualism. Did Spiritism, at its conception, believe in Reincarnation?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 30-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Master
And something that should be considered, what was 'Old' Spiritualism and did they believe in Reincarnation.

Old 30-05-2021, 08:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I think you are mis-understanding me. It does not come straight out of a book. It is obvious that Modern Day Spiritualist did not believe in Reincarnation.

Having said that, Spiritism came on the scene only a few years after Modern Day Spiritualism. Did Spiritism, at its conception, believe in Reincarnation?

Misunderstanding you? oh no.... Spiritualists and Spiritists know all that stuff, BJ, but you're neither so it's book-learning for you.
Old 30-05-2021, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
And something that should be considered, what was 'Old' Spiritualism and did they believe in Reincarnation.

You're trying to teach gran to suck eggs, my lad.... You do make me chuckle though - bless you.
Old 30-05-2021, 08:29 PM
Master
By studying new religions such as Spiritualism and Spiritism, we can 'see' how religions change/evolve. Modern Day Spiritualism acknowledges 'Spiritualism' before the Modern Day version. So the Modern Day version seems to be a revitalization/rebirth of the older version called Spiritualism.

Andrew Jackson Davis played a major role in being the 'John the Baptist' of Modern Day Spiritualism. I find it hard to believe, a youth with very little formal education, could produce a book of the quality of his first book he 'produced' which he started when he was 19/20 years ago.

As the thread is titled "Spiritist or Spiritualist" does bring on interest as if they are, in some cases, one in the same?

Old 30-05-2021, 08:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Misunderstanding you? oh no.... Spiritualists and Spiritists know all that stuff, BJ, but you're neither so it's book-learning for you.

Then what are the differences between the two?

Or are the differences, in some cases, have become similarities?

Old 30-05-2021, 08:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
By studying new religions such as Spiritualism and Spiritism, we can 'see' how religions change/evolve. Modern Day Spiritualism acknowledges 'Spiritualism' before the Modern Day version. So the Modern Day version seems to be a revitalization/rebirth of the older version called Spiritualism.

Andrew Jackson Davis played a major role in being the 'John the Baptist' of Modern Day Spiritualism. I find it hard to believe, a youth with very little formal education, could produce a book of the quality of his first book he 'produced' which he started when he was 19/20 years ago.

As the thread is titled "Spiritist or Spiritualist" does bring on interest as if they are, in some cases, one in the same?

Forgive me BJ and with great respect, all that from someone who's neither Spiritist nor Spiritualist is academic. But bless you for trying.
Old 30-05-2021, 10:54 PM
Master
Is this Forum exclusive to Spiritualist and Spiritist?

Closed Thread