Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2022, 02:17 PM
Master
Is man truly "made in the image of God"?

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding what is meant by scriptural passages indicating that "Man is made in the Image of God". Here is a link to a Wikipedia article about the many ways that the "Image of God" is understood. Clearly, there is no consensus among the intellectual theologians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_of_God

In actuality, it appears that most people speak of God anthropomorphically as man often seems to "create" an image of God in man's own image ... the exact opposite of what the scriptures say.

I posted this in the "General Religion" section because the same principle is stated in the Hermetic text and other wisdom traditions in verbiage that does not mention "God" but essentially says the same thing.

"As above, so below."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/As_above,_so_below

From an experiential perspective, how do you interpret "Man is made in the image of God"? (If someone merely wants to post second-hand-information, there are a lot of theologian-oriented intellectual quotes which are included in the first Wikipedia article to facilitate parroting. )

NOTE: My answer to the thread question is an UNEQUIVOCAL YES. However, I will defer elaborating further until I see where this thread goes ... if indeed it goes anywhere.