Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-04-2024, 05:40 PM
Guide

Blessings and thank you GOD-LIKE for your input here on this thread, yes indeed what is substance? It can only be a relative term, as the is zero substance in the Great Spirit.

regards michael.
Old 14-04-2024, 06:07 PM
Hi, Michael...do ya know what I call God? The Cosmic Shape Shifter.
I thought you might like that.
Funny how computer programs can now morph a face into another and another.
My mouth dropped yrs ago when I first saw that cuz someone understood what God does, as I do!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-04-2024, 09:55 AM
Guide

Blessings Miss Hepburn for your thoughts here yes I agree that the SELF/GOD
is the greatest shape shifter in the universe.

warmest regards michael.
Old 19-04-2024, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
Blessings and thank you GOD-LIKE for your input here on this thread, yes indeed what is substance? It can only be a relative term, as the is zero substance in the Great Spirit.

regards michael.

Hi Michael :)

In regards to substance, I see the dilemma at times when appearances are mentioned where there is only an appearance of substance and if the dream notion of reality floats a peeps boat then there is only a dream of an appearance of substance.

Are you an advocate of this stance, out of curiousity?

x daz x
Old 19-04-2024, 06:52 PM
Guide

Blessings God-Like I see it all as a dream in the Absolute mind of the Absolute.
Substance only seems real to us because we too are locked into this relative
illusion of being motional formations called life, when it truth we have never
existed no has life ever really existed outside of this Absolute dream in that
mind of the ONE!
regards michael
Old 20-04-2024, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Blessings God-Like I see it all as a dream in the Absolute mind of the Absolute.
Substance only seems real to us because we too are locked into this relative
illusion of being motional formations called life, when it truth we have never
existed no has life ever really existed outside of this Absolute dream in that
mind of the ONE!

Well a dream is just a reference isn't it to what we regard as an experience had when our bodies rest at night or day. So this reference for an absolute reality pertains to no one in a reality that isn't as it seems.

So you basing the absolute reality on a dream that is within a dream dreamt by no one.

This is quite a common theme for non dualists.

I mentioned on another thread about foundations being key to one's reality.

What I see here is that there is no real foundation to begin with and no real individual that can experience a dream to then come up a notion about the absolute.

If there was never a dream had, one would never make the association to it.

I would say in this universe there are pieces that never dream or sleep.

That could potentially mean that these species could never come up with a notion that there is an absolute dream in effect.

x daz x
Old 20-04-2024, 07:58 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I mentioned on another thread about foundations being key to one's reality.
When dreaming the dream reality is foundational. When attaining lucidity in a dream the dream foundation of reality is shattered and a higher level of reality is realized as foundational.

When awake the waking reality is foundational. When attaining a higher level of lucidity (read Consciousness) while awake the waking foundation of reality is similarly shattered and a higher level of reality is realized as foundational.
Old 20-04-2024, 09:52 PM
Guide

Blessings GOG-Like I see and understand what you are saying, as regard
foundations they do not exist, all that is is ABSOLUTE SOURCE. Also there
is zero universe or any life or existence or any dreamers, we as life and humanity are but figments in our limited awareness and vivid imaginations.
There is but Absolute Source, zero else.
regards michael
Old 21-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Blessings GOG-Like I see and understand what you are saying, as regard
foundations they do not exist, all that is is ABSOLUTE SOURCE. Also there
is zero universe or any life or existence or any dreamers, we as life and humanity are but figments in our limited awareness and vivid imaginations.
There is but Absolute Source, zero else.
regards michael

Perhaps we have different understandings regarding foundations. You see when you say all that is, is Absolute Source is in my eyes a foundation.

There has to be a foundation of reality that reflects what you are.

If peeps go around saying the world reality is a dream for instance then the foundation of the world reality is a dream. That's how it works.

When stances are taken and the law of the land is expressed then it has to be based upon a foundation of that.

How can there be a set precedent made with no foundation to support it?

x daz x
Old 21-04-2024, 10:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
When dreaming the dream reality is foundational. When attaining lucidity in a dream the dream foundation of reality is shattered and a higher level of reality is realized as foundational.

There are many experiences had within a dream, some like you say can become more lucid and know that one is dreaming. Some experiences are actual in that where one is perceiving and whom one is perceiving is actual and not manifested within one's imagination.

But what eventually happens always is that one returns back to the reality that one is initially experiencing. That's how we discern our waking reality from a dream.

So when we have an awakened peep going to work they know they are not dreaming.

Those that refer to that wakened state of awareness that encompasses one's experience of going to work as a dream also isn't correct because one doesn't wake up and experience another world reality do they. They continue to go about their business until their physical experience ends.

Within the waking state of course higher levels of awareness can be attained and one can perceive the world and all things self related in a completely different light but one still carries on with their business.

You can have an infinite amount of perceptions had but the foundation has to be the same for all. It can't be a dream world for Peter and a real world for Paul.

I dare say when peeps talk about the dream reality, what that means can differ dramatically. If one want's to suggest that one awakens from the ignorance of separation and associate that to waking from a dream, then I can understand that, but for some the world as a dream reflects a reality where nothing is real, not even individuality and that is where it makes no sense to me.

x daz x