Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 30-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Knower
Smile feeling others sadness

I thought maybe I am overly sensitive. Lately I find even watching people on tv who are sad or happy I feel their emotions. Like I can't observe without feeling their sadness.
I am able to communicate with spirits. At times I get a very intense sadness about some people and feel they are like robots.
At other times I feel with others a connection on some level or more like there is more spiritual depth to them. I'm not sure how to put it in words.

Many times expecially when I go to the gym I look around and feel like I am in a dream not really connected to what is going on. I will feel like I am around a bunch of people going through the motions of life. There are some that I can pick up different energy. It's a strange experience and I feel awkward. Maybe I'm the one that is off a bit lately.
Old 30-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Master
The difficulty for most is not to tune into someones energies but to tun out at will.
Old 30-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Knower
This is true when I tune out I feel like a robot. I'm personable and out of touch with others.
Old 30-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Administrator

You are an Empath you pick up on peoples feelings .you need to ground yourself you can do this by getting out of the situation and doing something different,or you can anchor yourself to mother earth,you do thid by visulising roots coming from the bottom of your feet,and growing into the ground,

Namaste
Old 30-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernam
I thought maybe I am overly sensitive. Lately I find even watching people on tv who are sad or happy I feel their emotions. Like I can't observe without feeling their sadness. .... There are some that I can pick up different energy. It's a strange experience and I feel awkward. Maybe I'm the one that is off a bit lately.

By your description you sound as though you may be an empath. Nothing wrong with that. That is a nice gift. It almost seems as if you need to sheild yourself and then ground yourself. Feeling disconnected with this reality is a sure sign that grounding will work. If I have misunderstood, I apologize, if not, here is more:

If you are not sure how to ground, or sheild/protect yourself, just do a google search. Different things work for different people. My son likes to picture a symbol (his happens to be a shield). He places it in front of himself mentally, and then imagines it rotating around his body to create a barrier between his own feelings and other peoples. When he started doing this he was really surprised that it worked so well. Like I said, everyone is different.

I think the grounding is important because we are alive in this reality right now for a reason, so it is important to stay present to do what you gotta do. lol

I wish you well.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Knower
Thank you. I do the shielding. I am able to communicate with spirits and do should. I have read about grounding. I feel like a jack of all trades but a master of none. I think I am at a point in my life where I understand that I am different than your normal person and this make me feel disconnected from others. I feel like an observer I will need to move past this and learn how to connect with others.
Old 20-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Knower
Hiya Hernam. I am also an empath. What you are experiencing when you tune out from others as "feeling like a robot" is probably due to the fact that you have had this ability your whole life, and have been going through life always feeling others, that now you are trying to switch it off you are finding hardly any feelings at all is because you need to have some alone time to get to know yourself and discover your own emotions...this can be a common problem for empaths, not knowing yourself because you are soaking up the emotions and even the personalities of those around you. You are probably the type of person who can become various personalities based on your surroundings...thats not you thats your interpretation of everyone else.
You need to discover yourself before being concerned about connecting to other people as its so easy to lose your own personality as an empath, when surrounded by others all the time.
I have learned to manage my empathy to a degree if you ever fancy a chat, PM me hun⭐❤⭐
Old 20-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Voodoo Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric_Dreams
...you need to have some alone time to get to know yourself and discover your own emotions...this can be a common problem for empaths, not knowing yourself because you are soaking up the emotions and even the personalities of those around you....

This is so true. I only have my own emotions when I am alone. If I am near my husband, I take on whatever emotion he has, which is usually stress, so that kind of sucks. One time when we were having relationship problems, I wasn't sure if I loved him any more. Then he went on a 3 week trip for work, and only after he had gone for 2 weeks was I able to identify my own feelings and emotions and realize that yes, I did love him very much. So strange to not be able to find your own feelings amongst everyone else's!
Old 20-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Knower
Yes it is Miss Voodoo. It can be a debilatating gift when you cant control it...its the only gift that I find hard to control after years of practice,..I suppose its due to being centered around feelings, when our own feelings are never the same..I definately find it to be the most complexed of abilities⭐❤⭐