Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Very little memory of childhood

Hello! I am new here - but have had my share of spiritual situations. One thing that I cant figure out is why I have hardly any memory of my childhood/upbringing. I learned through therapy that a child in stress produces an adult with little memory of childhood. Although it would seem that I had/have a fairly normal family (non-abusive). I wonder if this has anything to do with a past life. I would love to hear your thoughts? Yays and Nays welcomed, as I am trying to figure this out.

Thank you!
ERK
Old 06-01-2021, 02:38 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker_erk
Hello! I am new here - but have had my share of spiritual situations. One thing that I cant figure out is why I have hardly any memory of my childhood/upbringing. I learned through therapy that a child in stress produces an adult with little memory of childhood. Although it would seem that I had/have a fairly normal family (non-abusive). I wonder if this has anything to do with a past life. I would love to hear your thoughts? Yays and Nays welcomed, as I am trying to figure this out.

Thank you!
ERK
Hi

I have detailed memory from when I was a baby which is not suppose to be that way, one is suppose to remember from age 2, I think. Then again I have past life memories too but these would show up in flashbacks, fragments, suddenly either in real relaxed state or in a stressed up level of emotions. They began to happen when I one day happened to be right back at the neighbourhood where my past life self had lived and died during child- teenage years, a sensitive period, I guess, where one could be more open. I never asked to have them and I thought I had gone mental, to tell the truth. They were just random too, a man doing nothing of interest such as taking on glasses to read in a book. Once I got out of the geographical area I thought I would have no more of that, but they would continue now and then for years. Some days 1. Some days 3. Other days nothing.

I had an ex boyfriend/ex fiance though that surprised me by saying he has no memory before the age of 9.

I have in recent time when bringing up the subject of the past relationship with the ex boyfriend/ex fiance realize that I have extremely few fragments of memories and much is in blanks. I can't get to it.

This ex boyfriend/ex fiance had an exciting energy to him, but he too had a dangerous energy to him and I clearly remember when I first met him I had a strong dislike, but it was more that of a shock almost when we met, a chemical reaction, energy exchange. He was persisting. With time I ignored my inner voice whispering of the danger. I had a break up in the past and was not into a relationship or even dating someone or anything else for that matter. Having any type of sexual relationship was of course out of the question as well. I just loved to go to parties and to dance (loved music) and see friends and meet new people and see new things. So I thought when I felt that danger - it was my own fear to fall in love again. Take a chance. Well, it wasn't.

It is not until recently when thinking back I realize that he was the son of a narcissist by the way of me now knowing about narcissism as it has played and still play a role in my life (would rather it didn't) and I see a clear pattern.

My conclusion is this: My ex partner had on the surface a good childhood where things were perfect on the surface, so much that he was talked into/believed it was just that. He would say himself it was priviligued. I have a fragment of memory regarding his first family and yes, priviligued, gracious.

How it was a surprise that I had memories from when I was a baby was really because my mom did not think I would have memories of my dad. Nobody spoke of my dad. No photos really. and she thought the little memories I had of him would be just before the split. So she was shocked when I told her of my memories, the details in them. They were correct memories.

I hope I have not offended you or worried you. I may too be dead wrong about this new theory I have that there could have been a bad energy underneith the surface that could have caused my ex to not remember. And somehow that has been rubbed off to me as well regarding that relationship.

But I mean it could also just be that nothing dramatic happened and this why you don't remember as all was as it should be?

Did you have your past life memories as a child? Maybe there were so many of them, that you still lived with one foot in the past, that it for a time interfered with new memories being created, kept?

Again I feel I must apologize if I have offended you in any way. it just hit me when you wrote that you had no memories, just like my ex.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:23 AM
Knower

Hi Lightworker erk,

several questions come to my mind...:

How little is ´very little´ memories?
Did you maybe have an accident with the head involved that could give problems with remembering?
Maybe there´s is a block somewhere that still needs healing...from my experience things can be hidden so very deep that other´s just cannot help with this. (not suggesting that there must have been something wrong)
Maybe something between past lives and the life you lead right now: what about the time in your mothers womb?

Sometimes ´only time will tell´..

Good luck!
Irisa
Old 06-01-2021, 02:36 PM
Newbie ;)

@asearcher - Hello! No offense at all! Thank you for taking the time to share this story and information. This is interesting, on the surface my parents (still together today 34 years) would never be described as narcissistic, truly so far opposite that they have little confidence at all and people run over them all the time. But - my dad made a comment to me about a year ago that seemed so bizarre and shocking- it came up because my parents dogs were constantly at the vet and my mom was spending tons of money on medication for them and issue after issue. I mentioned that it was a bit overboard to my dad and he laughed and said, "your mom has always been like that, when you and your brother were little she would tell you what you were sick with before you even knew it". .....soooo Munchhausen bi-proxy tendencies?? which is a form of control/playing God which can relate to narcissistic behavior. Maybe I have repressed all of this. I have more memories of 11+ on but before that maybe Ive blocked it out and has nothing to do with a pastlife. I need to dig deeper.

Also, I must add that I dont see any narcissistic behavior in myself but I am, unfortunately, always attracted to partners with narcissistic tendencies and their parents are always true form narcissists - I have seen this pattern loud and clear in my life.

Thank you!! xx ERK
Old 06-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi Lightworker erk,

several questions come to my mind...:

How little is ´very little´ memories?
Did you maybe have an accident with the head involved that could give problems with remembering?
Maybe there´s is a block somewhere that still needs healing...from my experience things can be hidden so very deep that other´s just cannot help with this. (not suggesting that there must have been something wrong)
Maybe something between past lives and the life you lead right now: what about the time in your mothers womb?

Sometimes ´only time will tell´..

Good luck!
Irisa

Hi Irisa!
Im still learning how to reply directly to someone - hope this is correct

Thank you for this message and your time! The thought of a past life trauma/injury is interesting. Only a handful on memories from birth to 11. At 11 I really started to think on my own - i remember that vividly. Even the handful of memories i have prior to 11 I wonder if I only remember because Ive seen video recording of them later in life. I cannot say for sure. From what I know, my time in utero was stressful followed by some strange behavior from my mother as I was growing up, which I only learned within the last year (see other reply in this thread).

Thank you!
xx, ERK
Old 06-01-2021, 09:02 PM
Experiencer
How is it, that you have no memories?
From what i figured about myself, we somehow suppress everything when young and we are on autopilot, while everything piles up. When older, we gain control over what happens(not over everything) but as much as possible.
Than is it possible to see, that much is missing and we would like to reclaim it. I won't say, this is for everyone like this but i see that awareness means that you know, feel what you were exposed in youth-from people, to environment and when you are aware of everything, that was present in that specific moment that flew by, you can reconnect to it and really feel it as it is.

So what are real factors, that had effect on your life... It looks like hard work, lots of development and learning to figure all out.

Parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, house, location, neighbors, community, classmates, friends, school, education, spirit changes through time...
Old 06-01-2021, 10:11 PM
Knower

When you're a baby you still have one foot in reality, your memories are 100% your human physical side, you forget the Truth completely as you create yourself. It's instant, once you have something here it's all you have, curtains close on reality.

Your first memory should usually be your ego being fed in some way.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:26 PM
Master

Quote:

Thank you!
ERK
Surely, depending on your beliefs, some explanations may seem more acceptable to you than others.

The idea that a stressful childhood might cause blackouts of memory doesn't suggest that the causation is likely in reverse too: it doesn't mean that because you don't recall much of your childhood, then there must be something your subconscious tries to hide from your conscious.

If you're tempted to investigate if there was something to hide, you can obviously use the services of a good and trustworthy therapist, but be aware that your and your therapist's expectations will affect what you'll experience.

You can do the same by yourself, by learning self-hypnosis and regressing to any period of your life. Anybody can do it with a little practice.

It is possible that you don't recall much of your childhood because you're too strong anchored into your present life, or if you have a pathological problem with your long term memory access. Hypnotic regression should bypass either cause.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:58 AM
Master
...Hi... And I honestly do not know. Its a conversation that could go on forever. You say you had no childhood trauma ,yet cannot remember.... Whereas I did have childhood trauma , and have clear images and recollections from when I was 16 months old .... Although my traumas In life did not start until I was 4 years old... But nevertheless ... Very strong memories . I know full well how we can "block " things out ... Things too bad to want to imagine ever again... But maybe to not recall things from a young age, with no trauma attached , is merely a "memory" thing. Some of us , for example, have minds that can "retain" information... And others can read the same thing, over and over, and STILL forget it 30 seconds later !!! ( That's why I flunked exams.....my excuse , I'm sticking to it !!!!!!)...
Old 08-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Ascender

Quote:
@asearcher - Hello! No offense at all! Thank you for taking the time to share this story and information. This is interesting, on the surface my parents (still together today 34 years) would never be described as narcissistic, truly so far opposite that they have little confidence at all and people run over them all the time. But - my dad made a comment to me about a year ago that seemed so bizarre and shocking- it came up because my parents dogs were constantly at the vet and my mom was spending tons of money on medication for them and issue after issue. I mentioned that it was a bit overboard to my dad and he laughed and said, "your mom has always been like that, when you and your brother were little she would tell you what you were sick with before you even knew it". .....soooo Munchhausen bi-proxy tendencies?? which is a form of control/playing God which can relate to narcissistic behavior. Maybe I have repressed all of this. I have more memories of 11+ on but before that maybe Ive blocked it out and has nothing to do with a pastlife. I need to dig deeper.

Also, I must add that I dont see any narcissistic behavior in myself but I am, unfortunately, always attracted to partners with narcissistic tendencies and their parents are always true form narcissists - I have seen this pattern loud and clear in my life.

Thank you!! xx ERK

You're welcome. Are you an empath? took me forever to figure out i go in that category even if people all my life has said i feel much empathy for people.

It also took me a ridiculous long time to see the pattern. I fall in love very rarely but when I do - who do I do it with - yep, someone who is the son of a narcissist and in one of my relationship I did not just have a realtionship with a son of a narcissist - but someone who was and I can imagine still is a psychopath.

I can't sit here and pretend I have been only victimized and had no choice of my own. I have been very much attracted and loved, truly loved, and I still love my current luv naturally, and we sort out things as they come, he does have a sensitive side to him or else we would not be able to do this, and he hold on to me and want to grow old with me, and once we have overcome an obsticle we are stronger. But we know we are different, but these days we have more understanding that we are different and no frustration about it.

With the psychopath there was attraction on the surface and it did not go deeper and I realized on his scale of feeling emotions considering how he could manipulate other "loved" ones, that I was somehow a favorite person of his. To him - that attraction only - was love, but to me it was very blunt it was not love. As any relationship with a psychopath goes you can imagine what he was able to do strategically. I guess I should just thank my lucky star I got away. But I can tell you I was one shaky leaf, and I had to take things carefully, step by step. One of the things I thinked helped me was that I understood - by his dangerous energy alone- that this was beyond what anyone could change in him. So I wasted no time trying to bend myself backwards or try to analyze. I was more like I have to get out before I drown, where is the exit?

Because I have just so recently discovered this, I have tried to figure out what it is exactly that make empaths and narcissism, or worse psychopaths find such a mutual and strong attraction to one another.

But i can't seem to find it.

All I can find is that narcissism naturally take and are not so sensitive, while empaths naturally give and are really sensitive.

But one example is also that one can be on an even scale together. For instance my luv often has to tell me to stop helping the kids so much when they can do things themselves, it is as if he has to pull me back. In my logic mind I know he is 100% right, but emotionally I don't think - I just go "Of course, sweetheart, here you go", you know, that type of thing.

Both the first ex and my current has during my relationships with them in a moment of instinct tried to minimize or even having saved my life, they could have ended up very hurt or even killed. That to me shows there is something deeper within, beating, underneith the narcissism. It has been that quick, flip moment when you can't think - and yet they did it - to save me. (Lots of years of course between these two solo events, these two different relationships)

xx