Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-01-2022, 04:58 AM
Newbie ;)

In my opinion, it is all in your mind. If you think you will go to hell, you will end up there. Hell doesn't really exist, it is all in your head at the time of your passing. Eventually you will be pulled out of that scenario.
Old 08-01-2022, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdenn05
In my opinion, it is all in your mind. If you think you will go to hell, you will end up there. Hell doesn't really exist, it is all in your head at the time of your passing. Eventually you will be pulled out of that scenario.

Well point !
Old 16-02-2022, 05:04 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I personally don't believe in it. I'm reading a fun little book titled 'Hell and Damnation: A Sinner's Guide to Eternal Torment' by Marq de Villiers. Picked it up because- even if it's not something I think is real- it's such a fascinating concept. So many systems of belief have their own "hells", and I'd love to hear how different users here would choose to define it.
Does hell look like Betty Boop: 'Red Hot Mama'? does it look like a black experience-less pit of nothing, or does it look like a place of suffering that helps a soul better itself, forgive itself, and eventually ascend?

Hell is a dark place where human souls can do whatever they want without any restrictions. Hell is not a place of punishment for souls who have done bad deeds but a place for souls who have bad character, the character that is formed when the soul lives as a human.

As I walked through the darkness of hell I saw many souls just standing there not knowing where to go or what to do, some of them wandering aimlessly. I went to hell because I had to visit someone very close to me who had just died a month earlier. This trip was not my intention but because it was designed as part of learning for me to understand the afterlife as a whole.

When I spoke to him, he was angry, sad and disappointed when he asked what he had done wrong to end up in a place like this. The same typical question asked by every soul who was there. Based on the experiences that I have gone through, there is an opportunity for the soul to return to heaven. As for when they could return, this was entirely up to each individual.

If someone is in the same situation then stay away from crowds and go to a quiet place and pray for forgiveness as a form of regret and desire to become a pure soul so that one day he will be able to recognize anyone who will help bring him back to heaven.
Old 16-02-2022, 09:14 AM
hazada guess

I've said this once and I'll say it again, ,Hell is in your imagination. How can you describe something that isn't there?
You all have to lose this thought called Hell or it will stay with you for eternity.Your afterlife will be what you imagine it to be.
Old 16-02-2022, 10:26 AM
Master
I don't know why so many people are intent on suggesting there are nice places post-death but not bad places. People with NDEs have been to bad places.

To me, Hell would be a colourless world, where you'd be caught up in depression. The ground is cold, black and barren. The sky is dark grey. You see a light in the distance. The closer you get to it, the further away it turns out to be. So you try and turn the other way, but you are tricked once again. On your road, there are nasty little creatures that seek to eat at you, so resting isn't possible. And is that fresh air that you're breathing in? No, it is mostly dust.
Old 16-02-2022, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I've said this once and I'll say it again, ,Hell is in your imagination. How can you describe something that isn't there?
You all have to lose this thought called Hell or it will stay with you for eternity.Your afterlife will be what you imagine it to be.

Excellent point. "Your afterlife will be what you imagine it to be."
Old 16-02-2022, 04:00 PM
Master

I think something like "Our afterlife will be a product of what we do and are in this life." So it's something we create by who we choose to be and what we do. What we do with what we have or have been given as that is not equal. We all have unique lives and challenges.

Oh I forgot this thread is about hell! Well if we are full of anger and selfishness and harm others to get what we want in life, that would result in a hell like afterlife I think. But I think someone would have to be a very terrible person and done horrible things to others to experience hell in the afterlife.
Old 17-02-2022, 07:41 AM
hazada guess

Well said maisy.
Old 17-02-2022, 09:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Oh I forgot this thread is about hell! Well if we are full of anger and selfishness and harm others to get what we want in life, that would result in a hell like afterlife I think. But I think someone would have to be a very terrible person and done horrible things to others to experience hell in the afterlife.

But unfortunately this is not the case, the person I met was not someone who had committed a crime but an ordinary person who was responsible to his family and society.

It seems that the law that applies in afterlife is not the law that fits our definition of afterlife so the people who were there were shocked to see a reality that was different from what they knew.

By looking at the number of souls that were there, it is not surprising that the majority of the population on earth if they die they will fall into darkness regardless of what they believe.
Old 17-02-2022, 02:20 PM
Master
QUOTE 67 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy

I think something like "Our afterlife will be a product of what we do and are in this life." So it's something we create by who we choose to be and what we do.

That is EXACTLY it, Maisy.

In Tibetan Buddhism, the process of going to sleep and dreaming is analogous to the process of dying and rebirth (afterlife).

The inner pressures that trigger dreams are the same inner pressures that will trigger one's afterlife. That is why purification in this life is so important as per Tibetan Buddhism and various other traditions as well.

Hence, to use your words, "our afterlife will be a product of what we do and are in this life". Well said !