Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 13-01-2017, 10:58 AM
55Degrees

Favourite Card(s) From Tarot.

Are there any tarot cards that really make you go 'wow'. I'm not asking about a card in general, I'm interested in a particular depiction of a card.

It doesn't have to be a deck you own, it may be a card you've seen bandied about on the internet (pinterest, instagram, Google search etc) but it stands out to you.

Can you explain why? Is it just the beautiful artwork, the portrayal, the symbolism or something else altogether?
What does that specific image say to you?

Yeah, I'm being nosy . Feel free to include an image or a link to it, I'd be interested in seeing it and reading your opinion.
Old 13-01-2017, 01:51 PM
Deactivated Account

I always wanted to make a thread like this anyways :P It really various from time to time. I love most of the art work on my shadpwscapes and Fairy light tarot, but as message it various. I got a ton of favorites but here are a few from the bunch.

Justice.This woman strives to be equal & fair as possible. I am reminded of balancing energies (both good & bad) if circumstances don't make sense or appear 'unfair', than look at it in terms of karmic balancing. I also have a political science/pre law background so of course, It's a pleasing card for me. The Egyptian goddess Maat is also represented with this card in many decks. I always felt a deep connection to Maat. This card also represented by the number 11, which happens to be my number in numerology.

From my Universal Golden tarot, The Queen of Swords. Amusing card. I love how she holds out her right hand like she just threw out your whole self worth in the palm of her hand. She's what you call awesome bad and no, I don't always like getting her as you may be in for some work. I also really dig the Queen of Swords from the Steampunk tarot, she is a fav of mine.

From this same Tarot deck, I adore and have a great deal of admiration for the Queen of Pentacles. She is depicted similarly as the Blessed Virgin Mary, I feel it is a very graceful pic. When she comes up for me, I feel I am doing my job right as a parent. Ya know, aside from the times I am not getting the Devil of Fool : D

Daughter of Pentacles- Wild Unknown
When I have been naughty LOL or going through a challenging time this little girl pops up. I have a very soft spot for this card. I feel it represents the
inner child and asks to look closer at emotions that that come up to the surface. She's also got fun and curious energy, very wide eye and innocent in nature, or at least she pretends to be :P I love her <3

Nice thread, and now you got a little glimpse of my psych haha

Last edited by Clover : 13-01-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 13-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Ascender
Have always liked these tarot prints from the Roman Polanski film, The Ninth Gate. Spooky in a clever way using tarot cards as movie props.
And like those childhood puzzles, you might like to Spot The Difference.

Old 13-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Seeker

Hi
I would like to put up some cards from the Mary El but I cannot post attachments.
inomminate
Old 13-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Master
The Star

~ what's not to like...

Happy Friday the 13th :)
Old 13-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Seeker

Hi
I can say why I think these images are so good.
First The Ace of Disks from the Mary El:
For me this is a great image and a complex symbol. It defines the energy of the ace in a new way. It is the spirit trying to break out of matter just as the minatour tries to escape his maze. It is part animal, part human, part angel and has both sexes. It is both from the world and from beyond it.

I tried posting a link to the image but I cannot do this either.
inomminate
Old 13-01-2017, 04:15 PM
55Degrees

These are my favourite cards from Hidden Realm. I adore the entire deck, its so 'facey' and those faces all have a story to tell.

3 of Wands

What speaks better of the creativity of the Wands suit and the first stabilising forces of the 3's than this, the product of the Ace and the 2 coming together and creating something real.

3 of Cups

I love the way the fae appear to be inviting you to join the group in their celebration. A card of friendship and reaching out to others.

10 of Swords

The fatal blow or finding the strength to fight back, refusing to just roll over and die. This is actually my avatar as I am strong believer in not being the victim but fighter.
Old 13-01-2017, 04:19 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by inomminate
Hi
I can say why I think these images are so good.
First The Ace of Disks from the Mary El:
For me this is a great image and a complex symbol. It defines the energy of the ace in a new way. It is the spirit trying to break out of matter just as the minatour tries to escape his maze. It is part animal, part human, part angel and has both sexes. It is both from the world and from beyond it.

I tried posting a link to the image but I cannot do this either.
inomminate

Done.

Mary-El is next for my faves
Old 13-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Oh wow, Pisces Moon, absolutely loving the images from that deck, that three of wands is beautiful. Hidden Realm is on my wish list. I come across the deck from time to time, i just didn't see enough cards to persuade me. I like how earthy the cards are. I just saw the five of pentacles, wow.
You know, I have been wanting to ask you of your Avatar, now I know! I can relate, especially before coffee!

Careful with showing me these cards you all, I am on a budget =/

I usually always have this card on my profile pic ( when you click on profile). Its from the Crystal Tarot from Loscarabeo. Its is temperance, traditionally the card of balance. I like the art, and I feel a protection from this specific image. Her hair is similar to the Fox, so I feel it is fitting for here

Old 13-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Ascender
Really like these two from the Travole.
They speak to me of my Selenite wand (similar to picture).
3 dimensional Tarot accessories fascinate me.