Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 25-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Master
Please share how affirmations have worked for you

I read about affirmations a lot, and they are extremely encouraging, but i would like to hear of your testimonies, so to speak. Thanks!
Old 26-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Suspended
Hi Sarian,
I want to be more consistent in learning to think better through affirmations, but honestly, I think I get bored. That's why I'm trying to find affirmations sung to inspiring music. One I listen to, & I realized today that my youngest has it memorized!

A while back, I made my own affirmations & found inspiring pictures online & in my own little books to go with. Sometimes I'll just look through one before I go to bed.

I've also realized how much thoughts affect health. When I'm sick, I repeat affirmations, as I take care of myself & it seems to help.
I posted this before... but in case you missed it...
I love this searchable link for possible metaphysical causes of illness & affirmations for healing...
http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health/healingaffirmations.htm
Old 26-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Osian

Positive affirmations such as 'i always find the perfect car parking space' always lands me the perfect space!

some of my affirmaations were infact so potent i've had to look at it & calm it down, the law of attraction was mirroring back exactly what i was affirming, the more i affirmed it the more i noticed other people were affirming it about me without them knowing my affirmationss! When i really feel in the center of my being the true belief of the affirmation I KNOW everything i'm seeking is now seeking me. It's wonderful.
Old 26-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Master
I affirmed my ideal holiday . I am going to America , I felt it, breathed it , visualised myself stepping off the plane . Within four weeks of doing it my dream came true everything fell into place . I booked the cheapest return air ticket :) I just asked the universe . I would love to travel the whole of the west coast of America again . Best experience of my life x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 26-04-2011, 10:59 PM
jjj

I use affirmations a lot but they are usually based around issues that I have that impede my life path. My last affirmation was/ is, "I live calmly at this moment with a conscious awareness of the gifts around me."

This is because I am engaging in the action steps to achieve my dream (private practice) and the experience I am looking for is more time to myself, less stress, and doing what I want to do. So, if I live calmly at this moment then I am not experiencing the stress and if I am consciously aware of the gifts around me then I am aware of the time I have with my kids and enjoy them in the moment, and also enjoy the job I have at the moment.
Since beginning this affirmation my boss has offered me a different, more enjoyable, and less stressful position. Someone has also approached me about a partnership in a private practice. I continue to affirm that I live calmly in this moment with a conscious awareness of the gifts around me. Pretty beautiful :)
Old 04-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Master
Thank you for sharing these! Wonderful!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:09 AM
konrard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Hi Sarian,
I want to be more consistent in learning to think better through affirmations, but honestly, I think I get bored. That's why I'm trying to find affirmations sung to inspiring music. One I listen to, & I realized today that my youngest has it memorized!

A while back, I made my own affirmations & found inspiring pictures online & in my own little books to go with. Sometimes I'll just look through one before I go to bed.

I've also realized how much thoughts affect health. When I'm sick, I repeat affirmations, as I take care of myself & it seems to help.
I posted this before... but in case you missed it...
I love this searchable link for possible metaphysical causes of illness & affirmations for healing...
http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health/healingaffirmations.htm

whoa, great site, thanks for sharing

my experiences with affirmations have been positive as well
Old 04-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by konrard
whoa, great site, thanks for sharing

my experiences with affirmations have been positive as well
It is! and thank you for bringing that up, konrard...everything is slipping my mind these days...I'll have to start using affirmations to prevent me from being so forgetful these days.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Master
Wouldn't It Be Good by Nik Kershaw

I'm currently trying some ideas from Ask And It Is Given and one of them is saying 'wouldn't it be good if,,,'

Well, being of the 80's era when I read this I remembered the song and I make a little parody song up if I would like something good to happen.

And it works, the singing in itself is uplifting, my mind is concentrating on what I want and how I want it, I like it to rhyme and working on this helps me not think of the outcome, but the asking and just get on with it!

My favourite one so far is Wouldn't it be good to have a good day and then I'll add to it with what I consider a good day to be.

Then the song stays with me and I find myself singing or whistling it as a rfeminder and realising that it is actually happening!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 04-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Master
That's great, Jo! When I go walking and hiking and sometimes jogging sometimes I have been saying "I'm building muscle, burning fat (or losing fat)" because I'm trying to lose the weight I lost 2 years ago and put back on (blast it...)... it keeps my mind from thinking things like oooooooooh, these stairs are killing me...these uphills...I want this hike over...whine, whine, whine... (the trail area i go to has a couple areas where you have these stone stairs to climb to get up the hill, rustic and neat looking) but killer on your legs...but walking up steep hills causes major burn too lol.

Thanks for sharing, it sounds wonderful!