Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 17-04-2011, 02:38 PM
breath

House-Work & Happiness

Hi Everyone

I feel that good ol' housework can be a real pain to many of us, flooding it with negative feelings every time we hear of it like it's some kind of annoyance in the way of our true meaning in life.

Well I think just for fun, we should all post what our favorite housework job is, because it is an important aspect of our lives today and maybe we should enjoy the art of it!

I'll start... the only rule is you have to use the word LOVE at least once. :P

Without a doubt I LOVE mopping the floor! It's almost theraputing like painting. Filling in the gaps, breathing clarity into the house almost instantly. I love the motion I use with my body while I do it and the fact that it feels like an art I can perfect. I also like washing the dishes, but not as much as cleaning the floor.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Suspended
What a great thread.

My favourite household job is ironing. I LOVE knowing that all my clothes are not only clean but neatly ironed and put away.

A small admission - I used to iron my knickers but I've since come to my senses.
Old 17-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Master
Smile

Good thread!

I had to run through them all before I thought oh yeah.

It is a love-hate relationship though...making the bed ~

a made bed feels so relaxing, no rumples etc. to bug you.

Old 17-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Master
My favourite by far is doing laundry. From sorting, washing, drying (either by line or dryer), folding and putting away - I just love it. Especially if I get to fold the clothes while they're still warm lol.

I do admit though that with the amount of laundry I have along with everything else, it's not very often the clothes get folded at all! There's a tendency to live out of the laundry basket...

Old 17-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Pathfinder

I really like vacuuming. The hum of the vacuum and the clean feeling of the floor after I am done.
Old 18-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Master
I figured you wouldn't mind if we named another one, and I like vacuuming also, because it looks so nice when you're done. I Love the way it looks when you finish, lol.

Old 18-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Master
I love not doing housework, because there isn't any of it that i care for anymore........lol......
Old 18-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Master
Heh, at least you're honest dragonfly1~I was pretty close to wanting to put that down.

Old 20-04-2011, 06:06 AM
happy camper

I love sweeping the floor first thing in the morning,and yes,there is a technique,BUT my boyfriend also loves sweeping in the morning,so even I have swept,he will still go "oh,but you have mist somethings,like that there in the corner" and he will sweep anyway.So I have stopped sweeping.I do some organizing instead,like putting away cups and plates,cushions etc.It works too.

I don't mind house work too much.Once I met a woman,who just very casually mentioned,that if I don't feel like doing it(housework)for myself,I do it for God.This really stuck in my head and I apply it now regulary.It really works for me and brings inspiration and satisfaction.
Old 20-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Pathfinder
Keeping my home clean is a way for me to be thankful for having a home that I feel comfortable in. So many people are busy busy doing the business in their lives, and the last thing they want to do is housework. It is something I don't mind at all and feel a clean space helps clear and calm the mind. What I love to do is the organizing and straightening up. Everything else, I love the results.