Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Master
1890's publications and twin souls

Someone here posted something about the twin flame/soul belief being created on the internet. I found some references years ago, some being over a hundred years old that discuss twin souls. Obviously, this concept is very old. Also, consider the fact the it appears to be discussed in Plato's Symposium.

The Theosophist, Volume 20
1899 page 437
http://tinyurl.com/hxt26mf

The Escoteric Vol. 7
1893-1894 page 314
http://tinyurl.com/gqadxh9

Old 06-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Suspended
Master
(very awesome will check out myself:P)

Last edited by Clover : 06-10-2016 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Moderation
Old 06-10-2016, 01:16 PM
Master
Another one.

Tale of Twin Souls, A. by Fred Whishaw
The Idler, Vol 9
1896 page 131
http://tinyurl.com/z43bhjj
Old 06-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Master
Google books 19th century.

http://tinyurl.com/jxdqfg2
Old 06-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Master
I'm all for reading something positive and not recent woohoo romanticizing it....when the majority of stuff I read is agony. I have been researching it as well and found things debunking it and also saying it was a dangerous belief that is false...but I'm open to reading anything that has more proof of it being real.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Experiencer
Does Age really matter on this?? I think its a tale as old as time and we were truly created in pairs by God.

IMHO There is no point in analysing it to bits unless you've experienced it and then you would know that the only answers out there are to be found deep within your self.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful
IMHO There is no point in analysing it to bits unless you've experienced it and then you would know that the only answers out there are to be found deep within your self.

That ^^.... Blissful nails it. Honestly, I have mentioned before on these forums that I have done an MA thesis on Plato. I knew the myth of the double headed humans inside out and had occasionally used it in my own writings. I actually had read extensively on some of Plato's even more beautiful than that myth imageries on divine love. I told my own twin about those myths. Once, I had even written a short story about mistaking the soul one was born with... and meeting Plato in a dreamy land to inquire as to what the deal was... I believe it had to do with sadness over a break up that one.

While I always found that writing and the process it motioned fascinating, I never really believed any of those things had any trace in truth... that another soul could be *that* kind of special... until I met one.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:20 PM
Deactivated Account
For another pre-internet reference, one may simply turn to the works of Elizabeth Clare Prophet. She passed away in 2009, so she did live through the internet, but her work began long before that. I don't agree with some of her belief systems myself, but she was a renowned author and spiritual teacher of her day, and her twin flame journey and work is well documented. She also wrote books on that and other related subjects.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

if I ask my guide if twin flames exist
he says yes on earth there are many
so they exist

cool answer yes

'on earth' he says hahahaha
Old 06-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDF