Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-01-2022, 06:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
As I understand Spiritual bypassing from previous threads, Spiritual bypassing seems to be about how people use Spirituality to bypass issues instead of dealing with them. Redefinition usually does the trick, it's an easy way to sweep something under the carpet - such as redefining the ego as the bad guy then thinking they don't have one of those. Spirituality itself can be bypassing because people look to Spirituality for answers but often don't find them. The ironic part is that what they're trying to bypass is their own creation.
This is a good definition and observation, sorry I've only seen it now that is because the thread has gone into very abstract stuff that I couldn't keep up with. Thanks for sharing.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 13-01-2022, 07:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I wouldn't worry about it. it's been transcended by now anyway. A long time ago during my social services internship I saw problems that don't have solutions. We have food service and try to keep people accommodated since a place to get a meal and somewhere to shower makes things a bit better for today, but underlying issues are very complicated and no one really knows what to do about that.
Sorry I never got to see this post either as alot of abstract stuff was being posted. Sounds like you were interned in a tough place. I knew a guy who lived in a graveyard in a tent, John Brady was his name. His problems were complicated so complicated that he no longer wanted to live in 'normal accommodation which the local authorities offered him. You'd think he would have jumped at the chance. Anyway he died in the tent on a cold winter's night, he was a nice enough character under those conditions if you know what i mean and we had some great 'banter' with him about the Universe etc. when we saw him which was regularly enough. Thanks for sharing.

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 13-01-2022, 09:30 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
I see "Sattvic" guna actions here mostly in form of inquiry/questions/knowledge seeking.
A guna being an attribute of our nature, perhaps what Jung might have termed as an archetype. So what did I have for breakfast? If you don't know that then there is a 'we'. If I asked you to describe yourself you'd start of with "I am," which is your ego and everything after that is the 'contents' of your ego. That is how you perceive yourself and your reality is relative to that point. And you still see yourself as a person.

So here we are, Spirit on a human Journey and other phrases of that ilk. According to the narratives we chose to be here for our own Spiritual development and all that. So we're sitting there on a cloud twanging away with our harps thinking what a jolly wheeze it would be to come here and learn about Spirituality. We who are already as Spiritual as it gets. The question that nobody has answered is "Seriously?"

Y'see Viswa, sometimes there's no difference between Spirituality and what's rattling around in our noggins.

What is the Spirituality of being non-Spiritual? And what makes that difference? When we have access to the collective consciousness, Akashic Records and everything else, we ARE the epitome of Spirituality, what are the reasons we came here to be Spiritual?
Old 13-01-2022, 11:10 AM
Viswa

Quote:
A guna being an attribute of our nature, perhaps what Jung might have termed as an archetype.

Sorry Greenslade. Gunas is not like archetype. I googled and seen what Jungian archetype means, and it says, " Archetypes are Universal and derive from the collective Unconscious, where collective Unconscious are inherited by ancestors".

No..Gunas are not inherited like beliefs, myths, etc... It is there as a law. See, how come ancestors have felt the behaviour from nowhere, if it was not there before their presence??

Jungian theory is also have limitations. Something from nowhere, something not exist before, cannot come into existence, when it was first experienced by the first-most ancestor.

Those gunas, or archetypes is not created from/by ancestors. It is, as a law/order, present always, before the creation of universe, and it will present even after cessation of universe. It is not influenced/created by any person.

It is there, as a subtle, eternally. In gita words, both Purusha and Prakriti (three gunas) are eternal. Both are eternal. The flow flows. It comes from subtle to gross and goes back to subtle and to gross and on and on and on. It has no relationship with Purusha.

In jungian terms, conscious(Purusha) does not have any relationship to Unconscious (Prakriti). Both exists always.

It's only the bondage. If Purusha bonds with prakriti, one gets caught in 'ego'. But, one can be, without influenced by the flow and not influencing the flow.

Gunas, like electrons protons neutrons, comes and goes to subtle and present always as a law. If it was not there in subtle form, it cannot be experienced in first-hand gross form for the first time. It cannot come/create from nowhere by people.

AlL sexual, physical things are bound to three gunas. One dominates other every time, and it has nothing in relation to Purusha.

Spiritual, is only related to Purusha. It is called atman-brahman-soul-buddha-and in many names. But, it has nothing to do with physical/psych/any realms. Only modern asadhgurus, speak some "prakriti" as "purusha" itself in misunderstanding. Any experience in this world, any experience in psych, any experience in prana or other realms, angels and demons, all are bound to three gunas, one dominates other two.

But, they are nothing to do with Soul. Like in my profile pic, the sleeping vishnu, nothing to do with reclining Vishnu with Lakshmi inside the bubble.

Jung failed to understand nature. Nature is also eternal. Unconscious things he grouped, has not come from people, but exists always with no relation to conscious.

And sir, in language I have to use "I am" or anything. But those words don't affect me. If it affects you and have a wrong perception about me, let it be that way. I have nothing to do about it, as it is not you wrongly perceiving, but the tamasic guna, dominates in the situation/flow, so it happens to be. I see no person to prove anything.

And you still didn't answered to the post #245. It's fine. It's rajasic guna domination, to preserve the 'ego' or things to hide, so to forcast a better image about 'ego'.

Take care.

Old 15-01-2022, 09:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Although you wrote that "sensing and remote viewing are very different to the collective unconscious", I'm glad that you are open to exploring further as (in your words) "they may well be related".
Thank you for the compliments.

To stick a toe in the water, the archetype of the angel is pretty interesting because it's a few rolled into one. Angels are always female so the nurturing/caring archetype comes through. The wings mean flying and we can all associate with that but since they are messengers and God is 'up there' they need the means to travel. 'Up there' is a common theme that has been playing through the human conscious since who knows when. So there's plenty of common imagery happening. The human brain demonstrates common patterns as any thread on this board will show you so what is 'fed' into the unconscious is bound to be just as common.

Where it gets interesting is in the angel being the Light Being. The word 'angel' comes from the Sumerian word 'el', the literal translation being "Shining One." Then you have the Sanskrit root word div/devi as in devani, deva and divine etc, which means literally "Shining One." Similarly with 495 other cultures across time and history.

Interestingly when people have had NDEs or prophetic dreams they describe beings they have met as shining or of the light.

So either there's been a race of beings - the Annunaki as they're called in Sumer or the Viracocha of South America, who are unique in that it translates to "Golden Ones" - or there's some kind of global collective unconscious going on. That's just one example but others have been the subject of white a bit of material - even going back to caveman days.

Although it's not remote viewing per se it might well be in the same bracket, because we do have abilities or there are unconscious 'mechanisms' that have been at play certainly in ancient history and perhaps their modern 'equivalents' are NDEs, in that there are times when the lines between the conscious and the unconscious are more blurred.
Old 15-01-2022, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
John Brady was his name.

I'm not allowed to split quotes and been pushed below my normal standard of conversation, but I'm really glad John Brady is remembered, and may his legend live on!
Old 15-01-2022, 12:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not allowed to split quotes and been pushed below my normal standard of conversation, but I'm really glad John Brady is remembered, and may his legend live on!

Ahh Well said Gem thanks very much he is out there somewhere no doubt on the big dipper !!!

Old 16-01-2022, 10:10 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
This is a good definition and observation, sorry I've only seen it now that is because the thread has gone into very abstract stuff that I couldn't keep up with. Thanks for sharing.
It's OK< and you're welcome. Not sure how we got here but there you go.
Old 16-01-2022, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Perception after death or while out of body is still present without the physical eyes and brain. There are numerous accounts of people experiencing 360 degree vision.

Which suggests that there is more to perception than the standard material explanations.

Peace

This is something that I have said many times also when there has been the suggestion that things are just appearances that are processed via the brain etc .

There are many individual energies that perceive the same thing as you or I that are not physical and do not have images perceived via the brain process .

Things are objectively there .

Our senses in the physical world allow us to interpret that in the way that the physical body does .

x daz x
Old 17-01-2022, 06:24 AM
Master
Quote:
So where did that come from?
That is God. That infinite unconscious aspect of God, is known and understood, but not consciously. The consciousness of God knows that that unconsciousness simply exists for the understanding that it is what puts eternity into eternity and allows it to expand its awareness infinitely. Meaning there is no limitation, no end. It is not a promise but a known fact that promises your, along with God's, eternal and infinite unbounded freedom.