Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 13-11-2021, 12:28 AM
Knower
How to feel the symbols better ?

Im now at the end of master level Reiki ... and while i got better with reiki itself i still dont feel anything much doing the symbols , maybe a bit more sensation in hands (just a tiny tiny bit) and that is probably cause i increase my focus there

iI would like to teach others reiki all levels , and do initiations , but makes sense that you need to feel the symbols well in order to do good initiations correct ? and if so how do i learn to sense what the symbols do better - and maybe even see them myself like i understand some do ?
Old 17-11-2021, 09:49 AM
Experiencer
I do not qualify to give you an answer so keep that in mind, but something tells me that it may do good to associate the symbols with certain affirmation and states until the 'connection' of these are sealed up to the point where you begin to 'feel them better' as you point out. Pretty much how some people work with crystals, they attribute that crystal's metaphysical properties with the crystal itself, they repeat that information and practice it, and in time it becomes a belief - and the belief is a shortcut for plenty of mental processes, which are skipped, and it becomes truth, therefore one could point out to an instant manifestation of a succesful placebo, which would not be a placebo anymore and still be, in an interesting paradox. In other words, fake it 'till you make it. For someone after years of practice, just seeing and touching a crystal such as a sphere of Selenite can bring an instant sense of calm. Placebo or not, if it works it works.

Anyway, as I said, I am not qualified to answer your specific question, but just wanted to leave this insight on the table. Association and practice + consistency can be key to your inquiry.
Old 18-11-2021, 10:19 PM
Newbie ;)

I am an Usui Holy Fire III Karuna Master Teacher and when I finished my
Master I felt little connection to the symbols. However I started meditating on one symbol each day for a week and continued that each week with a different symbol. I intended that the symbol would tell me
what it held for me. They all spoke to me of their unique uses and energies. That process through the symbols helped to make them alive for me and now I have a deep relationship with each one.
Old 18-11-2021, 10:54 PM
Knower
Thanks both for answers , both helpful

peeekaboo how long did you meditatie on each symbol ? and how you did it exactly ?
Old 18-11-2021, 11:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Five to ten minutes a day and I would think about it during the day as well. I have a preparation I do when I meditate to raise my Reiki and get it to flow and I make the meditation part of that preparation.
Old 22-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Ascender

It will come with regular practice.
Old 18-02-2023, 09:19 AM
Knower
It's not the symbol that give off feelings. At least in my experience. It's the energy they symbolize. A few keywords or insight in what the symbols are meant to represent make them feel subtly different. Not necessarily in a way that is the same for all of us, but for what the symbol represents for you.

For instance once I understood what Zonar in the Karuna Ki system was meant to represent I could imagine/feel it's subtle energy as tiny atoms in every cell of my body.
Dai ko Myo is just this all encompassing oneness of light.

For the longest time though I had now physical sensations when using the symbols other than the steady flow of Reiki I knew and felt since my attunement to level 1.

Since a few years have passed. How are you experiencing them now?