Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2022, 05:56 PM
Pathfinder

Some advice please.

I've been through a lot in the last twelve months or so. Had a full on nervous breakdown last December which I now understand is as a result of a lifetime of little defeats and self-esteem issues.
I've always been a sensitive person and have been described as an empath more than once in my life.

I had my first Reiki healing session two weeks ago and I felt great afterwards. The best way I can think to describe it is that I felt safe and protected.
That lasted about a week before it started dwindling.
Anyway, I had my second appointment today and my experience was different. I was quite anxious throughout and I found myself in a kind of half sleep, half awake state. I believe the term is hypnogogic. You know that weird period where your thoughts are strange just before you fall asleep? Well it was like that, but the thoughts weren't particularly pleasant. I can't be sure, but they felt more like memories. Maybe of past lives or something? I don't know.

Also, towards the end of the session, the practitioner was doing something around my head/upper chest area and I felt really anxious and had to fight to avoid not jumping up and having a full blown panic attack.
Afterwards, the practitioner said she kept having to cough because of something to do with my energy and she also said that when she worked on my right side shoulder area, she felt almost pushed away by my energy.
The whole experience was a bit strange, but the practitioner said she wasn't getting anything 'negative' as such and was happy to keep working with me.

I'm very new to Reiki so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts they might like to share with me about my experience?