Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Master
Satan and his demons?

I noticed a lot of Paranormal shows have demonic spirits or some sort of quasi religious God vs. Satan.

I believe there are evil spirits or demons because of many testimonies but I do not buy the whole- "God vs. Satan round one- Fight!" in these paranormal shows.

It sounds so cartoonish that the demons themselves get turned into outlandish hordes of Orcs from Lord of the Rings out to attack the white city of the Church.

In my research it seems that demons are very individualistic, selfish, intelligent, and their influence is powerful- operating mainly on influence. They don't sound like the kind of people who are controlled by an evil ruler named Satan.

One of things missing from demonology and research is the larger undertanding of the demonic world.

Satan in the bible refers to anything that is either the evil angel in Job, the evil inclination in human beings, the evil of the world, and the evil of Empires.

If anything the devil sounds like "the dark-side", or "evil everywhere".

Not all demons are the same. I can not imagine them being "inhuman spirits"/

Lorraine Warren talks about how they are inhuman- they never and can never become human.- fell from heaven. It just sounds so cartoonish! It bugs the hell out of me.

I feel as though demons are ancient advanced spirits- either graduated incarnational rounds millions of years ago or fell from higher choirs of angels and they now are part of a lower state of mind called- the devil.

It's not called the devil because it is pure evil. Read Job on Satan. Satan is God's prosecuting angel who accuses and tempts humans to prove that we are nothing but mistakes and that we deserve all our karma. Devil means "to throw apart" in Greek.

Basically Satan (the archangel of evil/separation) and his demons are a malicious negative group with an ideology to keep the good from the bad separated. Many paranormal experts probably wonder why they can't see Satan or why he doesn't haunt houses. The answer is- he is an Archangel. He doesn't have to haunt or travel anywhere. As long as evil is present, his energy is present. He could manifest a form for others but prefers to only appear to the Enlightened, holy, or saintly to scare or test such as Christ, Buddha, the saints, etc.

The demonic world is not interested in being the "rulers of evil". Their ideology is to expose humanity's faults, push us to do horrible things, and then make us pay for it.- almost like trying to pull the evil out of certain human beings so we can be punished. Its a pretty screwed up ideology but that was Satan/Lucifer's job and even if he went beyond the limits of his job-office, he has justified his actions. How else is he so prideful? Was he not the most powerful archangel created? Why would he need to change? - those are his thoughts.

I call Satan - the Angel of separation. First because every principle and force has an angel behind it and second because Satan likes to separate the truly good people from the evil people- he likes keeping individuals who have weaknesses far away from God- separated, whereas God is Wholeness and wants both sinners and saints to enter his presence and Communion.

Satan is all about karma, duality, punishment/reward, testing/tempting, exposing, guilt, and shame.

That is why Satan is a dangerous archangel, a higher being with much influence and why a lot of times it is not always your personal karma getting in the way.- a lot of times it is Satan and his agents who think you need to pay up debt, whereas God is all about forgiveness and mercy.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Master

The church uses the devil to keep its members in line . Ghost hunter type show t.v. shows use demons to get people to watch the show . Grown men running and screaming like little girls does look a bit silly tho .
Old 08-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Experiencer

the most effective ppl have at least one deadly sin to meditate on and this is also the aesthetic one might apply to Demons. Ppl born demons? I'm unsure, tho there may well have at one time been an inclusion of foreign/alien/demon ... um,dna? maybe ... anyway Lucifer has Demons, Satan has Minions :P
Old 08-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Experiencer
I recommend you read this book called Heaven and Hell

http://www.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Heaven_Hell.pdf

It'll use logic to explain why it is impossible for an angel to "fall" and why there can be no such thing as an infinitely loving God who creates evil. Things will start to make a lot of sense once you analyze things from this perspective.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Master
the human is an intelligent primate and primates can be savage. i tend to view "Satan et al" as self aspects which have been vehemently denied, projections of humanity's deep roots in animal nature forced, by domestication, into the subconscious. now and then these hated self aspects burble up with a vengeance, sometimes carrying up with them latent psi talents like telekinesis and telepathy. imo, we avoid responsibility when we chose to believe these manifestations are coming from some evil outside source. imo, We, as a collective, create them.

"we have met the enemy and he is us." Pogo
Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Experiencer

the possibilities of humanity are endless and therefore probable ... well said IQ
Old 08-10-2013, 08:21 PM
somnium

The spirit, or the soul is a very powerful thing. It has unlimited power, and can create entire worlds. This power most never realize in this incarnation, otherwise you would ascend. There are lower realms and higher realms. If you are very negative being and hurt people you will travel to a lower realm. Likewise if you are giving, nurturing, helpful and loving you will enter into a higher realm. Some do not have the eyes to see that there are forces in existence that know us intimately, our every thought and deed. Like a God that is all knowing and watches our every action. This force surrounds us and is within us. There are also many forms of life in the many plains that we enter into. Like different systems. Some would have you sell your soul for evil, making you enter into the lower realms. Heaven can disappear in the blink of an eye when you do evil. You end up in a dimension that is more suitable to your vibration. In heaven you have will to create and to do great things that the lower realms do not have. Freedom of heaven is very different from the jails of the lower realms. It is not meant to be something to make you obedient out of fear, for in truth your heart should be good already. Ask and it shall be given says God to his faithful children. A God who cares about you, and shows you joy. God's love is boundless, without limit. His power is supreme that he can make for you any heaven you can fathom, in the blink of an eye. Any knowledge you can dream of is yours there. For life has created everything. Demons exist too. So do beasts of horrible evil. It is why we are tempted, it is why we have doubt. Without the evil forces in the world earth would be a part of heaven. Have choice that God gave you, and have faith. Do not follow the evil in the world, and do not judge people. Have faith in the goodness that exists in people's hearts.
Old 22-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Newbie ;)

If you think for one second, that Satan does not exist, and this is just some dark fairy tale made up by all religions to keep its memebers in line, or just something in the dark recesses of your mind, think again, make no mistake, Satan is alive and well, and dewlling amongst us, what a job well done, making many believe he is not real.
Old 22-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Experiencer

the question is are we paranoid if we do - or don't - stake claim to believing in Satan or fearing him/her
Old 06-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Master
I believe in Satan but maybe not the same way as others believe.

But I agree that this paranoid of the devil needs to stop.

Most of the time humans have their own inner demons to overcome and they do not need a personal devil. Just read the Exorcist Novel. You get this impression right away,

But I do believe that demonic spirits reside on the Other Side on many different lower levels of consciousness who rank higher and lower depending on their power and influence.

I was reading how in the Old Testament the Ammonites would sacrifice their babies to the statue of the bull-horned god Moloch.

Now people think demons have names like Moloch, Beelzebub, etc. But these are just names for the devil, Satan, evil, etc. These images of evil perfectly categorize the nature of evil/the devil and that is simply: The Idolatry of God.

The devil for the Jews always represented idolatry. Basically God is one and is oneness. He has no equals and is absolute. There is no God vs. Satan in Judaism; but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Human beings have brought into being this false duality because of our false perceptions and profane-deviant relationship with the divine.

I think in those times of worshiping Moloch, Baal, Baalzebub etc, demonic entities and negative spirits seduced, influenced, and possessed low-level civilizations to worship false gods. Why? Because the more energy given to a true image of God brings a person less selfish and more God-centered. Whereas the more energy and consciousness given to a false image, or a Selfish image, then the energy and power flows into the collective consciousnes shared by demons and negative spirits. This consciousness is the devil, and their god is not a higher power but themselves.

They see themselves and their god as Belial, Moloch, Baal, Satan, etc.

On the highest level is there is only good, God, Light and purity.

But in lower levels including the Earth, the illusion of duality exists and God's spirit is divided into two forces that influence the world: God and the devil. The devil-force is a manifestation, the universal egoic-entity engulfing and ensnaring individuals and spirits and casting them into lower and lower states of mind or after-life states. The source of this demonic force comes from the rebellion of spirits in the astral, and within ourselves when we entertain selfish thoughts.

THat is why when I watch these paranormal shows and the demons calls itself these names I usually chuckle. I chuckle because what entity is flying around calling itself beelzebub? I mean like really? That is so ridiculous. The only reason for such accusations is that the deranged spirit is adding more fear and negativity for it's victims to feed off of. Remember demonic spirits are not always helping each other. Sometimes they fight over hosts and even try one upping the other and punishing their own mates to reach higher ranks of power. They do this for more control and abilities. It is a sad state to exist in since these spirits and souls have the chance to always go back to the Light and become redeemed but are unable and unwilling to get away from their extremely defiled pasts.