Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 07-03-2013, 02:35 AM
Experiencer
Interesting story Louisa. You are always at risk when using the board. All i have ever heard are horror stories of these things. I used one once. I got the creepiest vibe from it. It could have been the fact that it was a OUIJA BOARD & the belief that i could be communicating with spirits & my friend was probably moving the planchette anyways. We didn't play for very long.
There are ways you can protect yourself like drawing a sacred circle around yourself & doing certain chants, greeting & ending sessions properly, etc. But I still feel that it's risky. Are ouija boards purely demonic? I don't think I have ever heard good things..
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa_summer
Interesting story Louisa. You are always at risk when using the board. All i have ever heard are horror stories of these things. I used one once. I got the creepiest vibe from it. It could have been the fact that it was a OUIJA BOARD & the belief that i could be communicating with spirits & my friend was probably moving the planchette anyways. We didn't play for very long.
There are ways you can protect yourself like drawing a sacred circle around yourself & doing certain chants, greeting & ending sessions properly, etc. But I still feel that it's risky. Are ouija boards purely demonic? I don't think I have ever heard good things..

I have heard a few bad stories about them, but mostly people I know who have used them say they just dabbled with them and not that much happened. The friend who gave me her ouija board actually said objects floated across the room when she was using it with another of her friends.

I don't know if they are mostly "bad" and dangerous, but I would think maybe it would depend on intent and protection and grounding, etc. I don't really know that much about how they get their particular power - because it seems like ouija boards have a power that makes them a much easier channel for spirits, than say, automatic writing, for most people - maybe it's the collective consciousness that has built around the ouija board format over the centuries? I don't know. But after the experience of feeling as if someone was "walking" through me or guiding my movements after using the ouija board, I am quite baffled and a bit alarmed and even though I think of using them, I have yet to feel quite safe with it... I wondered if I was possessed. Then years later, I had a "negative spirit" seemingly attached to me, which I believe I've overcome now. But I wonder if it could've been the same spirit, gone dormant over the years, unnoticed by me. What first led to my contact and awareness of this spirit was trying to develop my intuition. That led to me hearing the voices of this spirit - I thought I was going crazy, however too many undeniable synchronicities that were way too much for coincidence convinced me that the spirit was real and not just my imagination.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Experiencer
Yeah I am definitely curious of how Ouija boards came about & how the received their "power"..maybe because we know of their purpose, our minds fabricate everything since we expect what is supposed to happen, & by doing that we summon these "spirits"? I have heard that the more you try to seek out spirits &/or talk about them even, the more likely they are to make themselves known to you.
What you went through is scary! There was one time when I went to bed & randomly woke up around the witching hour (of course), & my bed started shaking & vibrating, I looked everywhere & didn't see anything. When I got out of bed, nothing else around me was shaking, I put my hands on my mattress & nothing, I looked under the bed...nothing. & I fell back asleep for a few hours & something woke me up again...all of a sudden, my "conscience" started talking to me..but it was unusual..& was saying some malicious things to me..I tried to banish it & tell it to leave me alone..it eventually did. But it was still creepy...maybe I was tired & imagining it or maybe I am just paranoid...but that occurrence did not seem normal..
Old 07-03-2013, 06:17 AM
Master

Quote:
Yeah I am definitely curious of how Ouija boards came about & how the received their "power"..maybe because we know of their purpose, our minds fabricate everything since we expect what is supposed to happen, & by doing that we summon these "spirits"? I have heard that the more you try to seek out spirits &/or talk about them even, the more likely they are to make themselves known to you.
What you went through is scary! There was one time when I went to bed & randomly woke up around the witching hour (of course), & my bed started shaking & vibrating, I looked everywhere & didn't see anything. When I got out of bed, nothing else around me was shaking, I put my hands on my mattress & nothing, I looked under the bed...nothing. & I fell back asleep for a few hours & something woke me up again...all of a sudden, my "conscience" started talking to me..but it was unusual..& was saying some malicious things to me..I tried to banish it & tell it to leave me alone..it eventually did. But it was still creepy...maybe I was tired & imagining it or maybe I am just paranoid...but that occurrence did not seem normal..

Yeah, maybe it is all just in the mind, or maybe its the mind manifesting... Which I believe can produce the strangest evidence, however concrete and real... Just like psychosomatic illnesses and placebo cures - they are actually real, scientifically studied things, but it is mind over matter.

I also have experienced the "witching hour", reaching a feverish pitch around 3 am, when spirits seem most likely to get through. And being in the dark does seem to enhance their ability to manifest. I have been awoken around 2 and 3 in the morning, many times, to strange symptoms, dream messages, and bad feelings, too (but also to good feelings and good dreams and messages). I got to where I try not to let myself stay up that late, especially if I'm feeling "off" and not grounded in love.

But trying to ground myself in love seems to create the best protection for me, and usually I'm not bothered by that kind of thing anymore. I try to do this several times a day to create ongoing protection (after spirit oppression, I ain't taking no chances. lol): I ask God(s) and/or my spirit guides, who I think of as alternately Love incarnate (God) or as being highly grounded in love (my guides), for protection, if I feel the need to ask for protection;

But preferably, I invoke the God-Love feeling/energy in myself and I feel my automatic, constant connection with my God(s) and guides, which I don't even have to ask for and I don't even have to ask for protection, because in love, the protection is already inherent. Then I try to feel (or to direct awareness towards) my love towards everything, including any oppressing spirits, and I intend for unconditional love to be the outcome of whatever is going on, and that seems to dissolve any serious problems, so far, in my experience.

It has worked better than praying, asking god for protection, protective verses and prayers, thinking of goodness, thinking of light or of white light, or any other method I have tried.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Experiencer
Yes I believe you about the placebo stuff. & positive energy seems to be the best thing for these occurrences. & lol I am usually up until about 3 or 4 anyway so maybe that helps me to avoid these bad spirits..& being in a different house probably helps too.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Quagmire

It is quite possible that the thought about what they are and do have created something within the Earth consciousness over time attracting a certain kind of spirit to the Ouija Board; so if you use it with no understanding or knowledge of what and how to do it then it is them or their like you invite in. Who knows maybe the intent to create the board in the first place came from a malevolent spirit wanting easy access to this world and the bad experiences have just been like pouring fuel on a fire. A question is if we erase the bad stories and replace them with positive ones would we then change it around so people start to attract spirits that are positive towards them? Because basically a Ouija Board is nothing more than a divination tool.

Quote:
& how do you figure? I am hoping it is a positive energy..? :P

I am not sure how I figure to be honest. I just somehow find it intriquing and interesting I guess such would count as a good vibe would it not?

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
It is quite possible that the thought about what they are and do have created something within the Earth consciousness over time attracting a certain kind of spirit to the Ouija Board; so if you use it with no understanding or knowledge of what and how to do it then it is them or their like you invite in. Who knows maybe the intent to create the board in the first place came from a malevolent spirit wanting easy access to this world and the bad experiences have just been like pouring fuel on a fire. A question is if we erase the bad stories and replace them with positive ones would we then change it around so people start to attract spirits that are positive towards them? Because basically a Ouija Board is nothing more than a divination tool.

I am not sure how I figure to be honest. I just somehow find it intriquing and interesting I guess such would count as a good vibe would it not?
I wonder if it is possible to to replace the negativity with the good. Could you imagine how amazing that would be? Your theory on it makes a lot of sense too.

& yes I suppose it is a good vibe. :) I am not a bad person by any means..I just have some strange curiosities.

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
When I was young I made these boards. I had one that was nice. nice spirits came. The other one was pure wrong.

Lol I can remember the names that came through I should do some research see if they are documented some where.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:06 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealtwist
When I was young I made these boards. I had one that was nice. nice spirits came. The other one was pure wrong.

Lol I can remember the names that came through I should do some research see if they are documented some where.
You should! & then follow up on here! :)
Old 23-03-2013, 06:33 PM
MyGirlFriday

When I was about 14 (why is it almost always around this age?) me and one of my friends made our own board. It was do much fun, and we learned alot of interesting things. Then well it seemed like this spirit attatched itself to me. I started having really bad dreams about the things I am afraid of. A couple of waking dreams where I ran around my house while still in a dream state.

There is so much to this story but I will tell you what freaked me out enough to stop. One night we where holding a session with my best friend and her brother. He of course thought it was all **** and heckled the spirit. Of course this made it mad and it started issuing threats towards him. My friend and her brother left the room while I sat there. I was drawn to put my fingers on it and it spelled out one word, trouble.

Later that night, around one, we were getting worried about her parents. They were working on a house somewhere around the other side of town. Her bother was 16 and had his own car so we decide to go and check on them. About a block from the house they were working on we were stopped at a T road' like this ---|, turning left. A lady coming from the left ran the stop sign a t-boned us on the drivers side. Her brother was hit so hard his license in his side pocket snapped in half. He's a big dude and came out of it with a few bruises and whiplash, but it was very very clear it could have been so much worse.

The lady that hit us was very drunk, she told us that she had blacked out and doesn't even remember hitting us. I didn't touch a oujia board until a couple of years ago.

Now, the wierd thing is that now I get nothing. Not the same feelings, nothing. So almost everything that story says feels real to me except for the part where the spirits wait around until you pick it back up.

I also wonder if maybe ouija boards work in this manner when your youngqlong the same lines as potergeist hauntings. I feel it's both yes and no. Who really knows though.