Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 15-10-2021, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
EXCERPT Personally I have not come across a situation of life and death in front of me where I made exclusive difference or there is something sensational about it. In fact physical fighting may be my weaker point. I also dont have formal weapon use training also (India has weapon control unlike USA).
I had a situation one night in which fopur, nice young gentlemen surrounded me and demanded my money. They all had real machetes and the number two gentleman had brownish red stuff on his blade that I later found out was HIV positive blood from their victim just before me. During the whole event, I did 'exactly as I was told' by 'Spirit'. If I did not listen or didn't do exactly what I was told, I probably would have been murdered.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-10-2021, 03:46 PM
Master
QUOTE 140 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH

I have been part of the activities/movement inspired and guided by philosopher activist Rev Pandurang Shastri Athavale's public lectures since almost 30+ years . Such activities have had a tremendous positive influence on all involved. Such activities are pure voluntary funded by participants for themselves only (meaning I take care of expenses for my own activity with my time and energy)

What an awesome post and what an awesome movement in which you have participated for almost 30 years.

Like yourself, I engaged in similar volunteer activities for over 40 years:

- doing home visits to people dying of AIDS in the 1980s/1990s when the disease was an unknown and most people wouldn't go near these dying young people

- High school tutoring programs
- Covenant House for runaway teenagers (Under 21)
- Partnership for the Homeless
- Reading Programs
- Prison Visitation programs (I'm an ordained interfaith minister even though my career was corporate management/consulting)

- Volunteers on Saturday outings for kids in shelters
- Big Brother Program
- A Pets Program to help the elderly with their beloved pet care and expenses

- etc.

I also hosted free weekly meditation groups at my home for years and my teacher, a Mahamandeleshwara in the Niranjani order of Shankara, would speak there when in this country.

After corporate, I served as a Supervisor/caseworker in both Adult Protective Services and Child Preventive services in NYC for a few years more of dedicated service. As recently as yesterday, I sent money via Western Union to international friends with a similar disposition who are financially stressed themselves in some cases due to the pandemic but are still committed to helping others who are in greter need. In this way, I know that any donations go 100% to direct services and not to cover administrative costs.

Our ashram's Prayer For Peace includes: "May service be our worship".

While spiritual talk can inspire, as you duly noted, actions indeed speak louder than words.

What an awesome post you have just provided to us. It is far more inspiring than those who post long series of Biblical quotes without any mention of any practice and/or service to humanity, the Brotherhood of Man.
Old 15-10-2021, 04:45 PM
Master

Intution

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I did 'exactly as I was told' by 'Spirit'. If I did not listen or didn't do exactly what I was told, I probably would have been murdered.
Definitely discretion is better part of valour. Only the person in the situation can decide that better.
Old 15-10-2021, 05:25 PM
Master

Thumbs up Activity oriented spirituality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Like yourself, I engaged in similar volunteer activities for over 40 years:
Our ashram's Prayer For Peace includes: "May service be our worship".
While spiritual talk can inspire, as you duly noted, actions indeed speak louder than words.
Indeed actions speak louder than words. Thats the reason people do what leaders do and not what leaders say.

Your involvement in noble activity is indeed great n inspiring. Still waters are indeed deep n beyond grasp. .

Salute to u n your love for service to fellow beings.