Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 04-08-2021, 06:28 AM
Ascender
I'm pure & perfect consciousness. Wow.

I was depressed. But then recently i got introduced to Advaita Vedanta, which brought me out of depression. I used to believe that i've free-will, at least partially, but now i believe that i'm pure and perfect consciousness which is doing no action and thinking no thoughts. My thoughts and actions are done by God. Now i don't hate anybody since all bodies are robots being controlled by God.
Thanks to Swami Sarvapriyananda's youtube videos and thanks to many others.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:13 PM
Madamedude

Robots may be a bit of an exageration.

That being said, I rejoice in your suffering ending and getting closer to your Atman. May your experience only feel sweeter from here !

Old 05-08-2021, 09:45 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterdude

That might be more accurate than it seems. Many into spirituality dismiss the material reductionist view because it says things like consciousness and free will are illusions. They are simply weak emergent properties of the brain's complexity. Simply neurons firing in a deterministic dance. In essence the mind-body complex is nothing more than a fantastical biological machine.

From my understanding of the Advaita Vedanta perspective the sense of local consciousness and free will is just that- an illusion. Body (gross) and mind (subtle) are inert matter and it's the illumination of SatChitAnanda that is the actual source of being, knowing and fullness or existence, consciousness and bliss.

From the Kena Upanishad.

https://www.hinduwebsite.com/sacreds...arama/kena.asp

II. It is the ear of the ear, the mind of the mind, the speech of the speech, the life of the life, the eye of the eye. The wise, freed (from the senses and from mortal desires), after leaving this world, become immortal.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That might be more accurate than it seems. Many into spirituality dismiss the material reductionist view because it says things like consciousness and free will are illusions. They are simply weak emergent properties of the brain's complexity. Simply neurons firing in a deterministic dance. In essence the mind-body complex is nothing more than a fantastical biological machine....
Hello JustASimpleGuy,

It's not like that, I don't dismiss. In general, I mean ! I was just pointing out that as long as we are incarnated on earth as living beings, we'll never be beings that don't feel, no matter how much one can desire that.

My point was simply in the fact that we feel, no matter how much we do not want to. It's not what I want, I accept the feelings, and build from there. What I meant was about not denying oneself's feelings, so as to not be overwhelmed like in a Lotr battle or something when it comes up lol. Because no matter what, it does come up one way or another, better let it out when it shows up, otherwise one might "go crazy" when they can't contain anymore.

EDIT : thanks for the link

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-08-2021 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Shortened as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 05-08-2021, 11:20 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
I was just pointing out that as long as we are incarnated on earth as living beings, we'll never be beings that don't feel, no matter how much one can desire that.

I'm not dismissing embodied experience. What I am saying is it's like in a dream. Ultimately the Dreamer is untouched by the experiences of the dream body within the dream, and if one becomes lucid within the dream any fears or anxieties of and within the dream melt away because one realizes the dream and dream body are not one's true nature.

There's a story about Sri Ramakrishna when he was dying of throat cancer. A visitor asked him how he was and he said he was in pain and couldn't swallow (or something to that effect). The visitor then said something along the line of "But you are in bliss!", to which Sri Ramakrishna replied "The rascal has found me out!".

It goes something like this. What is aware of pain and suffering cannot itself be in pain or suffering. In effect Sri Ramakrishna, supposedly an Enlightened being, lived in limitless and unchanging existence, consciousness, bliss within which the mind-body complex others identified as Sri Ramakrishna was merely an event that arose (was born), existed for a time (lived), became ill and eventually died, none of which affected Him aside from being aware of said events of and within.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:38 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
I'm not dismissing embodied experience. ...
Then again, it's all connected, somehow, someway !
Quote:
There's a story about Sri Ramakrishna when he was dying of throat cancer. ...
That was wholesome
Quote:
It goes something like this. ...
Now that you've stated all of this, I'm really wondering what you think of it all.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-08-2021 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Shortened as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-08-2021, 07:48 AM
Ascender
Quote:
It is. I don't care if the metallic robots are harmed like hitting/cutting/burning them. But i do care about humans being harmed. Robots and humans are different, yes - I think that the robots have no feelings but humans do.

Quote:
That being said, I rejoice in your suffering ending and getting closer to your Atman. May your experience only feel sweeter from here !

Thanks
Old 06-08-2021, 07:57 AM
Ascender
Bhagavad Gita

One who can see that all activities are performed by the body, which is created of material nature, and sees that the self does nothing, actually sees.

The bewildered spirit soul, under the influence of the three modes of material nature, thinks himself to be the doer of activities, which are in actuality carried out by nature.

Those with the vision of eternity can see that the soul is transcendental, eternal, and beyond the modes of nature. Despite contact with the material body, O Arjuna, the soul neither does anything nor is entangled.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:31 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Now that you've stated all of this, I'm really wondering what you think of it all.
I don't think. I "know". I had a very strong glimpse into that reality for several weeks in 2019. I wasn't anywhere near prepared so it faded however it left an indelible mark.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:02 PM
Madamedude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
It is. I don't care if the metallic robots are harmed like hitting/cutting/burning them. But i do care about humans being harmed. Robots and humans are different, yes - I think that the robots have no feelings but humans do.
Sooo.. you found your ladder up, and you're aware of it. I'm not gonna lie, I'm even more thrilled for you, and impressed ! One quick word though, you may think you know how it is now, the depression I mean, and that you'll be able to "contain and treat" before it "blooms". I assure you, it can very well happen again and you won't even realize. Until you've healed again, that is ! That being said, nothing says you'll relapse.

I also like the verses you shared from Bhagavad Gita, thank you !