Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 03-07-2021, 12:09 PM
Experiencer

REMEMBERING KRISHNA in FINAL MOMENTS

This refers to Miss Hepburn's thread 'Oh, how I love the Gita' where in she quotes verse 10 chap 8. Actually this verse could not be seen in isolation.

In the chap 8 Krishna describes various techniques of remembering Him at the time of death for the following different groups of aspirants.

1. HOUSEHOLDERS; Verses 5-7
2. MEDITATORS Verses 8-10
3. ASCETICS Verses 11-13
4. DEVOTEES Verse 14

In this thread we would discuss our personal experience for inspiration. I can vouch for 1,2, and 4 classes of aspirants.

1.One of my neighbors was on his death bed. He gestured by playing flute to having the vision of Krishna in front of him and he died.

2. One of my office colleague's father was admitted in the hospital. He was a trader by profession. He sat on the bed for meditation and left his body.

4. One of the ISKCON Gurus, in fit condition, suddenly became speechless, paid obeisance on floor as if Krishna was in front and left his body.

All the aspirants died peacefully without suffering. So we can see the different paths of liberation described in Bhagavad-Gita really work.
Old 03-07-2021, 02:20 PM
Now, this is my kind of topic!

It did remind me of St, Francis of Assisi's last words - I think it was as he opened his arms,
glorified, as Catholics might say ...saying "Jesus!"
Then, passed.
(Sorry, I read this book so long ago, but, it goes pretty much like that.)

International Society for Krishna Consciousness=ISCKON

Ch 8 v 14
O Parth, (Arjuna) for those yogis who always think of Me with exclusive devotion,
I am easily attainable because of their constant absorption in Me.

Ch 8 v 8
With practice, O Parth, when you constantly engage the mind in remembering Me,
the Supreme Divine Personality, without deviating, you will certainly attain Me.

(You made my day, OPV!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-07-2021, 08:04 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Now, this is my kind of topic!

It did remind me of St, Francis of Assisi's last words - I think it was as he opened his arms,
glorified, as Catholics might say ...saying "Jesus!"
Then, passed.
(Sorry, I read this book so long ago, but, it goes pretty much like that.)

Ch 8 v 14
O Parth, (Arjuna) for those yogis who always think of Me with exclusive devotion,
I am easily attainable because of their constant absorption in Me.

Ch 8 v 8
With practice, O Parth, when you constantly engage the mind in remembering Me,
the Supreme Divine Personality, without deviating, you will certainly attain Me.

(You made my day, OPV!)

St. Francis was a great devotee. Like Chaitanya Maha Prabhu, he was always immersed in God's remembrance and tears of love flowed from his eyes incessantly. Jesus and St. Francis should be the role model for Christian Devotees.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:33 PM
Master

remembering god at the time of death

Quote:
Ch 8 v 14
Ch 8 v 8
Well quoted Miss H . Remembering God at the time of death is not easy . It does not come easily unless one has lived life recognizing His love and worked in His favor.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Master
reminds me of an old joke.
A hindu man was told to remember god at the time of his death and not get wrapped up in worldly things or he would miss the chance to go to heaven.

Taking the advice seriously he decided to name his four children by the name of gods so that he would always remember the divine.

On the day of his passing he lay in his bedroom on his deathbed with his children all around him. He looked around the room and as he saw his children, said to himself, `There is Shiva, and Krishna , there is Lakshmi and Durga`, then for a moment he was horrified and thought, `So who is looking after the shop`? and he died.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
.... Remembering God at the time of death is not easy . It does not come easily unless one has lived
life recognizing His love and worked in His favor.
I think this may be true. Remember Him now. Then what will be different when you die?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-07-2021, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
I think this may be true. Remember Him now. Then what will be different when you die?
Miss Hepburn has indeed identified the key point. Remember Krishna now and "then what will be different when you die".

Of the Trimurti, I am drawn most to Shiva, Lord of Yoga and Meditation. In 2018, I was rushed to the hospital unconscious with blood on the brain. My sister was contacted to authorize surgery or "your brother won't make it through the night". Fortunately, I came out of it symptom-free with no after-effects whatsoever.

However, the surgeon told me afterwards that, when the surgical team thought that they were losing me on several occasions, I would start chanting something very loud and audibly each time despite being unconscious and under anesthesia. That encouraged the team to keep trying and their efforts to revive me eventually met with success. Although the surgeon mispronounced the words that I was chanting, I immediately recognized it as a Shiva mantra that I have performed regularly for many years and which surges to the forefront whenever there was danger as in this case.

Miss Hepburn's advice is wise indeed. "Remember Him now. Then what will be different when you die?"
Old 10-07-2021, 05:05 AM
Master

well illustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
reminds me of an old joke.
.......... then for a moment he was horrified and thought, `So who is looking after the shop`? and he died.
This indeed is true joke which may really have happened in reality also considering the fact that name of deity is not easy to come by if one had not lived a worthy life.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:09 AM
Master

very much inspiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
In 2018, I was rushed to the hospital unconscious with blood on the brain. ......... I immediately recognized it as a Shiva mantra that I have performed regularly for many years and which surges to the forefront whenever there was danger as in this case.
SW , Very inspiring incident proving the point to lead a worthy life NOW ...
Old 10-07-2021, 05:59 AM
Angel1

My little thing about remembering,
I Practice the Presence all the time for years and years.
It's becoming aware of the subtle. When I speak to any group or person
about spiritual things, sat sang, ya know, one of the fun things I do is ask if they hear the clock. No one ever does.
(Or the hum of some thing in the room.)
Suddenly, there it is..and at the same time they just 'knew' it had always been there.
Similar to the coming into focus of the hidden merry-go-round in the 3D print.
It was always there...just ever so slightly out of your awareness.

Same with the Presence of the Divine or if it is more comfortable
this 'Consciousness', this 'thing' that is alive everywhere and
has a sound.

I say when you're at work, driving, speaking at a meeting and you're
in love ---with your new puppy waiting for you at home, your new partner,
your new baby, maybe even your new couch and TV, ha ---
you kinda can have them always on your mind, your heart is smiling inside listening to someone, but
part of you is dreaming or thinking of them.
How hard is that? It's natural. The thought of the night before or your puppy running to you when you get home is just simply
'on your mind', in your heart.

Same with the Lord or God or the Creator by any name or concept or aspect - the brilliance, the genius, the vastness,
the power, the love, the goodness of this Spirit or Being is very easy to be aware of.
If you don't know this Being, start now, Be still - become aware and feel, sense the Presence within and without.

You know Parmahansa Yogananda was asked by one of his students, "When will we know we are getting closer to God?"
Without any hesitation he said, "When you feel."
So different than thinking, figuring things out with your logic, asking questions...or focusing on
problems or a slight you feel someone has done to you.

There is nothing to figure out about the feeling of being with
your puppy or being in the arms of your special person...home, safe and loved.
Same with God, by any name, for me anyway.