Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 07-07-2021, 10:23 AM
Master

Why didn’t the Lord respect Cains offering?

Hii all,

Why didn’t he? And why did he respect Abel’s offering? And what about this story of Cain and Abel? What is it about?

Much kindness,

Cosmic Wonder
Old 07-07-2021, 01:06 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Why didn’t he? And why did he respect Abel’s offering? And what about this story of Cain and Abel? What is it about?
Pardon my curiosity, but this is your 2nd recent thread that centers on the Torah, Hebrew scripture. Is there a reason you have not directed your inquiries as well to the Judaism subforum?
Old 07-07-2021, 01:45 PM
Master

Hii RabbiO,

I don’t speak hebrew and I am quite new to religion. I have to yet find my way. I’m trying to create a path to the right understanding. This question came to my mind while reading the bible. So it made sense to me that it was about christianity
Old 08-07-2021, 05:04 PM
Master

Quote:

I don’t speak hebrew and I am quite new to religion. I have to yet find my way. I’m trying to create a path to the right understanding.

CosmicWonder,

This might sound like blasphemy to some but technically the path to right understanding can bypass religion. If one examines the etymology of ‘religion’ the case can be made that religion can be defined as “the attempt to reconnect to that which was lost”. That which was lost was the direct connection to God. Christianity informs of the expulsion from the Garden of Eden……at this time the Spirit was taken from man. Man became bipartite(body and soul) as opposed to tri-partite(body, soul and spirit). Because God is Spirit one must have spirit to communicate with God.

Christianity believes that the Spirit was restored to man at Pentecost. That informs us that we now possess the ability to reconnect with God. If that connection is made then right understanding(enlightenment) is a given. I will say that, in my case, religion provided and was the crucial factor in bringing me to this realization. I cannot dismiss the value of it…..but one can view it as an essential crutch that enabled you to keep walking….but you reach the point(when you access the Spirit) when you can lay down the crutch.

I only present this as the ultimate shortcut. You can choose the path that is comfortable for you and this can definitely include religion.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hii RabbiO,

I don’t speak hebrew and I am quite new to religion. I have to yet find my way. I’m trying to create a path to the right understanding. This question came to my mind while reading the bible. So it made sense to me that it was about christianity
I love what Lewis Black has to say about this.
He has a skit where he talks about hearing Christian preachers pontificating on the Torah and usually totally misunderstanding it.
He says, "It's not their fault...
because it's not their book."
Old 03-09-2021, 12:54 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
I love what Lewis Black has to say about this.
He has a skit where he talks about hearing Christian preachers pontificating on the Torah and usually totally misunderstanding it.
He says, "It's not their fault...
because it's not their book."

But the OT, which is a translation of the Hebrew bible that still existed in the fourth century, by Jerome, is a Christian book, which we who believe in Jesus, the spokesman for our heavenly Father, study in depth.

In my experience, after talking to different members of the Jewish faith, I have come to realise that they have been subjected to erroneous interpretations of their scriptures by their trusted rabbi's, just as so many Christians have been deceived by the erroneous teachings of their spiritual guides.

Ask anyone of the Jewish faith, who they believe is the eighth son of Jesse?

Last edited by The Anointed : 03-09-2021 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:04 PM
Master

Oh I think I understand this better now. The old testament is a different teaching than the new testament. I didn’t know… I asked someone
Old 07-07-2021, 02:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

The story of Cain and Abel is the story of two covenants. The first covenant, sometimes referred to as the first man, had offerings that did not please God (Heb 10:1-6), but were a foreshadowing of things to come. The second covenant is true and effectively dispensed with sin and the need to make offerings for it.

Cain's offering was not accepted and he killed Abel out of jealousy. This is what the Jews did to Jesus, as represented by the scribes and pharisees.

Blessings,
Z
Old 07-07-2021, 04:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zastrakoza
Cain's offering was not accepted and he killed Abel out of jealousy. This is what the Jews did to Jesus, as represented by the scribes and pharisees.
Actually it was SOME Jewish and also SOME Romans who were supposedly involved in the Crucifixtion which was a Roman tradition.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Master

Thanks very much!