Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-07-2021, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
For me, it helps to realise I'm connected and that my state of being affects others so I need to own and care for it. So (unlike what we've been told) I'm not being selfish to focus on myself...rather I'm actually being selfish by ignoring my pain for too long, because it hurts me and also spills over in spirit. The forgiveness & acceptance you give to yourself is work you do in service to God and others, equally to yourself.
This is such a hugely important point, 7L, thank you for bringing it up Because whilst it might seem counter-intuitive on the face of it, self-care and self-love don't just serve us, as you say, it serves everyone we come into contact with - I'm a firm believer that, as the likes of Ramana Maharshi have said, our greatest gift to the world is our own awakening (or healing - I think the two things tend to go hand-in-hand).
Old 28-07-2021, 10:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
...whilst it might seem counter-intuitive on the face of it, self-care and self-love don't just serve us, as you say, it serves everyone we come into contact with...

our greatest gift to the world is our own awakening (or healing - I think the two things tend to go hand-in-hand).
HumanB, agreed...very much so. And it's not just the doing, or how we behave and how we treat others. It's also in the being, or simply how we are, and how that impacts others with whom we are interconnected as people and as souls.

It's a suble thing from the exterior, but from the interior connections of the spirit...it's as subtle as a rock in your chest. What I have to keep in mind is that guides and close soul fam and the like -- even my cat, LOL -- they feel it directly as pain, just as I do. And I have to get with the program going forward, because keeping it to myself is something that doesn't exist at a certain level. So you have to clean up your pain and stuff, so to speak, and thus avoid sharing the pain wherever possible. Interbeing is a great joy but also a reminder of our responsibility toward others.

This is why Rabbi Nachman of Breslov spoke of his personal failing to be joyous in his day to day life, due to in his case persistent low mood. It's not just failing to be grateful "to God"..."God" and universe ok with your failings (aside from the fact that you and others are hurting), LOL. I used to wonder why R. Nachman was so fussed. But I understand it differently now. It's your guides & soul fam who feel your emotional pain...it's them you're really hurting, in addition to your own heart centre.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 30-07-2021, 03:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
HumanB, agreed...very much so. And it's not just the doing, or how we behave and how we treat others. It's also in the being, or simply how we are, and how that impacts others with whom we are interconnected as people and as souls.
Absolutely, 7L, and this is a timely reminder for me because I'm experiencing irritability and low mood myself just at the minute, and I can see how it's affecting those around me - it's a real challenge to be around people at the moment, and I end up hating myself for being uncommunicative and cranky. I just want to be by myself for the most part.

Anyway, not to make it all about me... I hope you're doing well, 7L.