Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality > Faiths of Indigenous Peoples

Old 19-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Lepus

Exclamation Giant Telescope on Sacred Ground in Hawaii

Hello

The locals aren't happy with the construction of the giant telescope near a sacred mountain/volcano in Hawaii. More specifically, the indigenous Hawaiian people are against it, so they've decided to block and protest against the construction of said telescope. The kupuna (elders) were also involved in the protest.

I don't know how I feel about building a telescope near a volcano. But this sounds like the indigenous people have no say on this project just like the natives in Dakota who were against the pipeline. Anyway, I just saw this on the news so I decided to share.

Hawaiian protesters seek to block telescope project

Lepus
Old 20-07-2019, 01:41 AM
Master
Near where I live, a company wants to restart a copper mine that began producing ore in the 1890's.... Guess what, the mine is on sacred holy land.
Old 22-07-2019, 02:45 AM
Administrator
The governments don't care the treaties signed by the Natives mean nothing to them .they think they can do what ever they want.where they want .

people get in the way arrest them that is the governments policy, its money that matters to them nothing else,

but the tide will turn the people will come together.then nothing will stop them

Namaste
Old 03-08-2019, 02:07 AM
Experiencer

It's sad that the government has no respect towards sacred ground.
It's called it for a reason.
Old 31-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Experiencer

There are many protectors of the mountain. Although I haven't made the physical journey up there, I have donated and shared information that other protectors can use.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Master
We ignore the wisdom of native cultures at our peril. I hope we learn sooner rather than later than this existence is about community and sustainability, and honouring humanity and other life.

So far, our mainstream culture's greed, arrogance, and dishonouring others and other life to satisfy our momentary desires and our need for control has led us in the wrong direction.

Taking ownership of all these things that we have done in the mainstream culture with repentance and humility is the only way forward in a different direction, toward sustainability and reconciliation.

So far, the resistance toward ownership of our actions is really just entrenched. But I have to hope and believe that standing for the simple reality that these things have and are happening -- and refusing to deny them -- will eventually lead to acceptance and awakening.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 11-11-2019, 03:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
We ignore the wisdom of native cultures at our peril. I hope we learn sooner rather than later than this existence is about community and sustainability, and honouring humanity and other life.

So far, our mainstream culture's greed, arrogance, and dishonouring others and other life to satisfy our momentary desires and our need for control has led us in the wrong direction.

Taking ownership of all these things that we have done in the mainstream culture with repentance and humility is the only way forward in a different direction, toward sustainability and reconciliation.

So far, the resistance toward ownership of our actions is really just entrenched. But I have to hope and believe that standing for the simple reality that these things have and are happening -- and refusing to deny them -- will eventually lead to acceptance and awakening.

Peace & blessings
7L
Have you ever studied Native American history?

Examine treaties signed by Native Americans?

How much interaction have you had with Native Americans?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜