Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 16-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Experiencer
Odd week and a half span with deer

I live in an area that is overrun by whitetail deer, according to a landscape designer I met it's the highest concentration in the state and possibly the mid atlantic. A week and a half ago after a walk in the woods there was a yearling trying to ram thru my fence, and then it tried to do the same to the neighbor's. Unfortunately the doe broke her neck in the process, and recovery for that type of injury is not likely. I had to call a wildlife officer to dispatch the deer to keep it from suffering. I handled the processing of the deer and it will go to good use.

Well, fast forward a week. 24 hours into the power outage from the winter storm, I noticed a deer hanging from the neighbor's fence in nearly the same spot that the previous deer had broken its neck. This one had its rear leg caught on the top of the fence. It was really amazing to have this deer so scared upon my appraoch, but I gently placed my hand on it's back and the deer went instantly calm and content. It's leg appeared to be fine despite the awkward angle from which it was hanging. With a quick cut of the wire, the deer ran off into the woods, but it did stop about 30 yards away, laid down for a minute, then ran off.

Two different outcomes, from similar circumstances, interesting to say the least.
Old 17-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Deactivated Account

I love deer, they are so attentive and wide eye, in spiritual totem world, they remind us to pay very close attention to detail, and be aware and open to our surroundings. I am sure as a hunter your more familiar with how these animals operate though

Animal totem of deer
Old 17-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for the totem description. Very interesting take on the larger significance.
Old 17-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
I live in an area that is overrun by whitetail deer, according to a landscape designer I met it's the highest concentration in the state and possibly the mid atlantic. A week and a half ago after a walk in the woods there was a yearling trying to ram thru my fence, and then it tried to do the same to the neighbor's. Unfortunately the doe broke her neck in the process, and recovery for that type of injury is not likely. I had to call a wildlife officer to dispatch the deer to keep it from suffering. I handled the processing of the deer and it will go to good use.

Well, fast forward a week. 24 hours into the power outage from the winter storm, I noticed a deer hanging from the neighbor's fence in nearly the same spot that the previous deer had broken its neck. This one had its rear leg caught on the top of the fence. It was really amazing to have this deer so scared upon my appraoch, but I gently placed my hand on it's back and the deer went instantly calm and content. It's leg appeared to be fine despite the awkward angle from which it was hanging. With a quick cut of the wire, the deer ran off into the woods, but it did stop about 30 yards away, laid down for a minute, then ran off.

Two different outcomes, from similar circumstances, interesting to say the least.

EndoftheRoad - That's a sad story, but you saving the other deer was heartwarming. I love deer. I live in a location where a herd will come into my yard almost daily. One year a doe gave birth to two babies in the backyard and when the mother was away, the babies would lie down next to the horseshoe pit backstops in the sand. I do worry about the deer getting injured by cars. I spooked a couple of deer one winter morning by opening the kitchen blind and they took off running across the field toward a busy road. Later that day when I went out to get groceries I saw that they had been struck by cars. I felt guilty about spooking them. So now when I see them, I'm very careful not to scare them off. I have mostly deer resistant plants in my yard, so I don't have a lot of problems with them eating much other than hostas. But in the next town over they are culling deer in the name of preserving people's landscaping and preventing car accidents. I understand why they justify this, but personally I am a deer lover. They are beautiful animals.
Old 19-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Experiencer
Thanks Raven.