Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 14-11-2020, 02:52 AM
Lovelytony22 Lovelytony22 is offline
Seeker
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 43
 
5 Powerful Bible Verses About Love

Love is the answer to many of the problems going on in our world today. If we truly love each other; there will be peace and harmony.

We must learn how to show love wherever we find ourselves. If you say you love someone, then you have to show it.

1. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love"
1 John 4:18

2. "Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame"
Song of songs 8:6

3. "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love"
1 John 4:8

4. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing"
1 Corinthians 13:2

5. "Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:17-18
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-11-2020, 05:37 AM
ImthatIm ImthatIm is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 2,722
  ImthatIm's Avatar
Right on.
__________________
Just because I believe it today, doesn't mean I will believe it tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-11-2020, 07:10 AM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 17,965
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
May I add more?

1 John 4-16

And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us.
God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God and God in him.




__________________
.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.

*
I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod.


Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-11-2020, 04:27 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,976
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
Love is the answer to many of the problems going on in our world today. If we truly love each other; there will be peace and harmony.

We must learn how to show love wherever we find ourselves. If you say you love someone, then you have to show it.

1. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love"
1 John 4:18

2. "Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame"
Song of songs 8:6

3. "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love"
1 John 4:8

4. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing"
1 Corinthians 13:2

5. "Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:17-18

Nice selection.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-11-2020, 04:28 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,976
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
May I add more?

1 John 4-16

And we have come to know and believe the love that God has for us.
God is love; whoever abides in love abides in God and God in him.





................ and a nice addition.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-11-2020, 07:27 PM
Molearner Molearner is offline
Master
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,159
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
Love is the answer to many of the problems going on in our world today. If we truly love each other; there will be peace and harmony.

We must learn how to show love wherever we find ourselves. If you say you love someone, then you have to show it.

1. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love"
1 John 4:18

2. "Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame"
Song of songs 8:6

3. "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love"
1 John 4:8

4. "If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing"
1 Corinthians 13:2

5. "Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:17-18

Lovely to you,

These were great with the exception of number 5. This seems to define ‘neighbor’ as those belonging to one’s tribe. Jesus redefined neighbor and expanded its meaning.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 14-11-2020, 11:41 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,976
  BigJohn's Avatar
My favorite scripture is Genesis 1:1.

There is 'so much' in that verse that I could write a book just on that singular verse.

Genesis 1:1: "In the beginning, God created the Heaven(s) and the Earth."
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 16-11-2020, 02:15 PM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,976
  BigJohn's Avatar
Technically you can *edited*[/quote]
Sounds a little prejudice........ just my opinion.

You seem to indicate that I "can love one person and condemn another then you cannot love at all". How did you come to such a conclusion? You do not even know me.
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜



Last edited by Native spirit : 16-11-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 16-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 17,965
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Agree 100%
Even tho I had to edit it ---I understand the point he was making.
__________________
.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.

*
I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod.


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 16-11-2020, 04:13 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 11,012
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Even tho I had to edit it ---I understand the point he was making.


That's coz your cool
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums