Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 26-10-2013, 09:53 PM
MareBear

Angel1 Am I seeing my aura?

Hi everybody!

My brother has the ability to see auras and told me how amazing it was so I thought I'd try to see if I can do it too. I already read tarot and I wanted to explore more visual aspects of spirituality to see what I could gain from them.

I watched a few youtube vids and looked at some websites, and I'm now pretty sure I can see my hand aura quite easily (its usually blue; I've seen it cobalt blue, when I was a little bit stressed, pale sky blue, aquamarine, and then today it appeared lime green with blue at the edges).

I still can't see it around my head and I've tried looking at my housemates but can't see theirs either.

I'm worried I'm just kidding myself and it's all light tricks, but what I've seen is pretty amazing. Usually, the edges of my hand will go wavy, then appear to glow with no colour, then a colour slowly appears as a kind of coloured smoke emanating from my hand against the wall. I can't focus on the entire aura at the same time, just parts of it, and if I shift my focus too much it disappears.

Does anybody have any advice for me? Is it actually my aura I'm seeing?

Peace,

Mary x
Old 26-10-2013, 11:18 PM
MareBear

This is my first post on here by the way so any guidance is really appreciated :)
Old 27-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator
I really don't know, or have any good advice MareBear, all I have ever been able to see while I was in my body looking with my ordinary eyes, was grey smoke-like effects and light sparks.
But when out of body I can see colours around my hands, legs, etc. Sometimes, if I focus upon those things.
What you saw was very lovely!
Old 27-10-2013, 01:42 PM
MareBear

Do you think meditation would help to see it more clearly? I practice yoga in a class 3 or so times a week but I'm not really sure how to go about meditating at home on my own. I find sitting with my legs crossed a bit uncomfortable and distracting so I'm always unsure how to go about it haha
Old 27-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Yamah

MareBear: can you please describe the technique you are using to see auras?
Old 27-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Yamah

The best way to start meditating is to sit comfortably with either complete silence or with repetitive music. While sitting, close your eyes and breathe calmly and consciously.
Old 27-10-2013, 02:56 PM
MareBear

Yamah, I let the focus of my eyes go slightly soft. There's a website I used to practice a few visual techniques including balancing both sides of my brain and controlling the depth of perception, I can't post it on here but it's the first one that came up on google (thiaouba?)

i kept practicing on my hand, at first I just saw a blank outline, I knew there was something there. I kept altering my depth of perception whilst gazing at the same spot on my hand and trying to keep my gaze relaxed. eventually the wall around my hand grew brighter, like a white glow emanating from my hand, and then dimmed slightly and became a clear colour.
Old 27-10-2013, 08:45 PM
MamaHare

Thiaoouba prophesies the site has done wonders for my focus to be able to see the aura for longer periods of time. Practice practice practice :) sorry I can't post a link this site won't let me.
Old 28-10-2013, 05:32 AM
Yamah

Mare: no, you are not seeing auras. That technique tires out your eyes and then due to Eye Strain you are seeing a false outline.

If you want to actually see auras you need to remember to keep blinking, keep your eyes moving and take a break every minute or so. Then just try to look at the area surrounding your subject and keep affirming to yourself 'there is something there and I want to perceive it'. Using this technique you can be sure that what you are seeing is actually an aura and eventually you will melt the boundaries of your perceptions to be able to see them more readily.
Old 28-10-2013, 01:37 PM
MareBear

Thanks Yamah. I do try to keep blinking and take regular breaks, I don't want to hurt my eyes!

I meditated last night with my eyes shut and was visualising lots of amazing colours - almost like the aurora borealis - greens and purples in waves. It was pretty cool.

I'd love to develop this more and become more able to see auras