Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Master

Staying out longer

Hi all, does anyone know how to stay in the astral for longer. I know if you think of your body you will go straight back into your body. I know that does not happen to everyone. It is frustrating to make the effort to ap and then you go back into your body again. I am only out for a little while. I used to not have that problem. I have been told to get alert. I have been very alert and I still end up back into my body. I read in another forum and someone else has the same problem. A reply was try spinning around. Has anyone done that. When I get out of my body I try to get good focus before I do anything. I have also been saying to myself during the day for weeks that I can stay in the astral for a long time but it does not seem to have done any good.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Pathfinder

Hm, I often had that problem too. I experienced that your emotional and psychic state does have an influence on the time you are out, too. So, being in a "lower" state makes you kind of heavier and you will drawn back soon. Maybe it could be because of this reason? When in a good psychic/ emotional state I had far longer OBEs. This relation between state and duration of the OBE is known. The solution for that would be getting into a better inner state before having OBEs. I'll think about it again, maybe another thing comes up to my mind.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Master

Thanks Aguia. I will give that a try. To be honest I have been negative lately. I do not like to admit it. It will be good to get myself in a good frame of mind. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:24 AM
Newbie ;)

I'd take the advice to 'get alert' with a grain of salt. Sometimes being TOO alert can cause you to want to wake up, which would take you back to your body. There are different ways to maintain alertness though so. It just depends on what works and what doesn't. I've also noticed in my own experience there are some things that feel like currents or something? If I go against one too much going where I think I want to instead of 'going with the flow' I end up back at my body or waking up or losing lucidity/awareness. But there's a balance in there somewhere, I think.
The spinning trick sometimes helps people. I've tried it a few times... It's hard to say whether or not it has an effect for me. But it's definitely worth giving it a shot if you haven't yet.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:53 AM
Pathfinder

I experienced that getting too alert you lose calmness and get to excited to go on. An inner calmness and doing everything very slowly is another thing which you need when being alert. However, there can be many reasons why it does not work. Recently I too were rather negative so I got out for few seconds only. Can be really annoying. I think astral/ etheric matter "filled" with negative thoughts and emotions (lower vibrancy) is just denser than such of higher vibrancy. It is easily seen when you're in a high state full of calmness and happiness, then you feel so light - even here in the material. I think this "weight theory" quite suitable.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:08 AM
Master

Thank you very much both of you. I will do what you suggested. Since this morning I have made a big effort to have a good frame of mind. I am not negative with other people. I keep it to myself. I am feeling happier so I will try to stay positive. Being negative became a habit and habits can be hard to break. I want to ap badly so it has not been hard to change. Hopefully I will notice a change but I will give it good go. It may not happen over night. One thing that surprised that did work was, every day I have been saying to myself I can do anything in the astral. It is very easy to do. The other morning I ap and I was at a door. I thought how do I open the door. Normally I just go through it. I turned the door handle and I was able to go through. I never thought I could turn the handle to open the door.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Newbie ;)

" The other morning I ap and I was at a door. I thought how do I open the door. Normally I just go through it. I turned the door handle and I was able to go through. I never thought I could turn the handle to open the door."

How cool...This world isn't what most think it is.

I had a lucid dream where I was completely surrounded by lots of very tall poles as I passed through my living room wall. As I came out the other side, I realized that I had just past through a wooden wall stud and the poles I passed through were the wood's fibers.....