Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Wanderer

My Guardian

Since I'm new to this forum, I thought I'd contribute a little something about my own experiences.

As far back as I can remember, throughout my childhood I was always taught by my mother and relatives about how everyone has a guardian angel that watches over them. Being a child, I always thought "Oh that's cool." and accepted everything I was told without really thinking about it. It wasn't anything special to me at all and I didn't fully understand what it meant, except that there was someone always "watching over me."

Unlike many of the people on this forum, I've never had the privilege of seeing otherworldly beings, so to me it was just some kind of fantasy. Like Santa Claus, only adults didn't stop believing it and I was just supposed to generally accept it as fact.

Then quite some time later, I was sixteen years old and I had a car. Every day my mother, as all mothers do, would remind me (nag me) to drive safely. I humored her and said I would; I wasn't an unsafe driver anyway, but I never really thought much of it.

Then one night my family and I were over at a good family friend's house for dinner. I had driven myself so I had my own car, and decided to leave a bit early for some reason that I can no longer recall.

I pulled out of the driveway and started driving along the little sidestreet that leads to the main road. It's not your typical neighborhood - it was kind of out of the way, with no streetlights. I was used to that road, though, and I felt totally normal and content as I drove at around 35 miles an hour.

Next thing I know, something happens and I find myself having gone off the road, heading straight for an obstacle in my path. My car hits it head on - and my body lurches forward and I feel it fold in half in a spot that it's not supposed to.. I feel my spine snap right in two as my torso goes into an extremely unnatural position. For a split second, I knew I was dead.

And then I snapped back to reality. I was alive and well, contently driving along that same road. Nothing had happened at all - it was just some kind of flash before my eyes. I wasn't afraid, but I felt quite shocked and a bit disturbed by what I had just experienced. I knew it was a warning. "Be careful!"

Ever since then, I've never had such a vivid experience. But if I'm ever driving on the freeway somewhere and I ever feel like I'm in a rush, like..."Hmm, if I were to go 10 mph faster so I won't be late...it won't be a problem, right?" - whenever that crossed my mind, I would ALWAYS see a cop car within about five seconds of contemplating speeding. It happened several times, so feeling sneaky, one day I decided to test it. "I'm gonna go faster." I told myself, knowing full well I probably wasn't gonna do it anyway. And as I went over the hill, lo and behold - a cop had just pulled someone over, probably for speeding. Clearly it wasn't just coincidence. I never even dared to drive dangerously again.

With experiences such as this, even the toughest of skeptics such as myself can seek comfort in knowing that, truly, someone is always out there watching your back!

Though who that someone is, I have yet to find out...

Last edited by Wanderer : 26-10-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 27-10-2010, 05:11 AM
sunny shine

Beautiful. thanks for sharing
Old 31-10-2010, 12:24 PM
easy

:) loved that thanks for sharing wanderer
Old 31-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Master
An interesting story, Brian. A reminder too that ‘feeling’ and imagery can often speak more profoundly than words. Much to the point that spirit guides and doorkeepers will choose to communicate with you in this way.

It may be of interest to you also to contemplate that other versions of you, from elsewhere, actually from time to time interact with the version you see yourself as. - Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Wanderer,

Interesting story, if it were me, I would automatically think " my angels are with me ", just because I feel they usually are with me. And I would drive carefully, so as not to tempt fate by checking to see if I was being protected.

"It may be of interest to you also to contemplate that other versions of you, from elsewhere, actually from time to time interact with the version you see yourself as."Sparrow

Sparrow, is this what is meant by "parallel lives " ? I have heard the term before, but never really heard a definition of what it is.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Guide
Since that experience was so vivid for you I think that might have indeed been your guides or guardian angels giving you a warning about what can happen to you if you're not careful. Angels do protect us but under most circumstances do not stand in the way of physical danger since their protection and purpose is mostly spiritual in nature.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi Wanderer,

Interesting story, if it were me, I would automatically think " my angels are with me ", just because I feel they usually are with me. And I would drive carefully, so as not to tempt fate by checking to see if I was being protected.

"It may be of interest to you also to contemplate that other versions of you, from elsewhere, actually from time to time interact with the version you see yourself as."Sparrow

Sparrow, is this what is meant by "parallel lives " ? I have heard the term before, but never really heard a definition of what it is.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Yes, Dreamie, alternate you’s (energy signatures) that live out alternate potentials, within alternate vibrational corridors.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Yes, Dreamie, alternate you’s (energy signatures) that live out alternate potentials, within alternate vibrational corridors.

-Sparrow

this could be interesting

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
...Next thing I know, something happens and I find myself having gone off the road, heading straight for an obstacle in my path. My car hits it head on - and my body lurches forward and I feel it fold in half in a spot that it's not supposed to.. I feel my spine snap right in two as my torso goes into an extremely unnatural position. For a split second, I knew I was dead.

And then I snapped back to reality. I was alive and well, contently driving along that same road. Nothing had happened at all - it was just some kind of flash before my eyes. I wasn't afraid, but I felt quite shocked and a bit disturbed by what I had just experienced. I knew it was a warning. "Be careful!"

That is quite an amazing thing that happened to you, Wanderer. It seemed so real to you, and yet, in your mind you're thinking what was that, that just happened to me? You know YOU couldn't imagine thinking such a thing, so it has to be external or was it? We all are spoken to at critical times by our guides or guardians or god even, but in unique ways that are designed to get YOUR attention and only our individual guides know exactly how to do it and when. Just goes to show how important timing is and the 'language' with which they speak...I don't think most people believe in guardians or guides because they are designed to be totally behind the scenes.

Thanks for sharing that marvelous story~