Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 02-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Knower
Color Do you attract spirits from otherside when using tarot..?

I been reading tarot on and off since 2005 as my uncle got into it. For years I always thought with tarot it was you sub conscious or guides/angels helping you pick certain cards for the particular spread/question. Anyway, I was watching an episode of Paranormal Survivor and they said even with tarot you can draw negative spirits even from the other side. Is it a rare thing? I never had any problems that I know of. I did use oracle cards or the animal totem cards(I think that what it is called), and nothing happened then either.

I would think the only divination that would draw negative spirits/demons would be the Ouija Board...which I used once when I was 15 without knowing much.

Have you guys had any experiences yourself with ghosts or what not while using tarot?
Old 02-07-2016, 02:44 AM
Deactivated Account

Surprisingly, ever since I started using Tarot I have been less afraid of the 'super natural' or getting 'spooked'. I always bless my cards and I sage. For the most part, I am not evoking or channeling anyone in, it's working with energy and intuition. I work with 'white light' too. So far so good. Is it possible I attract spirits? Sure, there is a possibility but I am not calling them to me. If there is anything negative about using tarot, it would be the stale attached energy, or the doubt and difficult interpretations, when frustration or doubt get's to our conscious I know it's time to give the cards a break and ground myself.

Again, I think I am less afraid than ever. It's almost like there is a mutual respect among myself and the 'other-siders' as long as we respect each others perimeters and don't step into each other's boundaries, we are A Ok. *nods*
Old 02-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Knower
Thanks for responding! :)

Yeah I am not really trying to contact spirits on the other side like I said :P I don't feel afraid of the paranormal either. I am pretty interested in the paranormal/spirit world and what's out there. I just ask for my spirit guides/angels to help me with cards. I presume they're protecting me too of course :P I never looked at cards as attracting spirits or anything.

I have to say even though the Ouija Board experience was a little scary I am still kind of curious of trying it again someday, I dunno why I am just so darn curious. XD I would just hope to be talking to spirit guides or loved ones that passed on and no one else.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Pathfinder

I feel like in order to attract or channel negative spirits while doing Tarot, you have to WANT to. I did just recently start reading Tarot and Oracle cards, so I'm not exactly a seasoned pro here, but any time I do it I am always reaching out to my spirit guides and thinking positively and asking positive questions, like how to best serve my life purpose, etc. Tarot and Oracle seem so spiritually fluid to me, that I feel like you would have to have negative intentions to attract negative energy or spirits.

For the most part, I don't personally believe that any divination tool will inherently attract negative energy because it's just a tool - it matters how you use it. However, I do agree that ouiji is probably not a great idea. It seems like people most often use it to contact the spirits of deceased people, which to me seems dangerous because you don't know if they still carry negative energy or grudges from their lives, are spiritually unhealthy, etc.

It seems like working with spirit guides is generally safe and good. Whenever I contact them, I am often expressly told that my spirit guides are protecting me.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarisun
I been reading tarot on and off since 2005 as my uncle got into it. For years I always thought with tarot it was you sub conscious or guides/angels helping you pick certain cards for the particular spread/question. Anyway, I was watching an episode of Paranormal Survivor and they said even with tarot you can draw negative spirits even from the other side. Is it a rare thing? I never had any problems that I know of. I did use oracle cards or the animal totem cards(I think that what it is called), and nothing happened then either.

I would think the only divination that would draw negative spirits/demons would be the Ouija Board...which I used once when I was 15 without knowing much.

Have you guys had any experiences yourself with ghosts or what not while using tarot?
This may be my inner skeptic/realist coming out, but I really wouldn't think a TV show called "Paranormal SURVIVOR" is really going to give you any sort of objective, impartial info on the topic

I've never used an Ouija board (nor do I have plans to) so can't comment on that.

As far as spiritual entities go (which according to my teacher, can also sort of include extensions of living people), apparently they're like nits (parden the analogy) and prefer spiritually clean environments, preferably with a lot of power. It's like, "Hello, would you like a one-night stay at the Hilton with unlimited free room service?" vs "sure, we got a free bed at Downtown Hostel, shared room with four others, no wifi". So spiritual cleansing is necessary to sweep the bad junk out, etc.

I don't really think the act of intentionally opening yourself up intuitively draws things to you, though. If you actively extend cords out to things you "feel" energetically, then yes, you could be opening yourself up to bad news. Ditto if you're stupid enough to say things that deliberate invite bad things towards you, eg "spirits of ____, hear my call and gather close" like in lots of bad sci-fi/fantasy movies. But simply shuffling some cards and flipping them over? Nah. Again, this is the human equivalent of quietly walking past a group of people vs walking up to a scary-looking person and saying "Hi I have $100 in cash, please rob me".

If you want to play safe though, you can always say something like "I am safe and will stay safe" at the start of every tarot session. Otherwise so long as you're not being stupid, everything should be fine
Old 04-07-2016, 02:24 AM
Administrator
Hello

I am a Medium so I can contact the other side but there are times when I have reached for my tarot cards to get the clearer message. I am never alone from those in the other World so I would not know what that is like.

Lynn
Old 06-07-2016, 02:35 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFlight
I feel like in order to attract or channel negative spirits while doing Tarot, you have to WANT to. I did just recently start reading Tarot and Oracle cards, so I'm not exactly a seasoned pro here, but any time I do it I am always reaching out to my spirit guides and thinking positively and asking positive questions, like how to best serve my life purpose, etc. Tarot and Oracle seem so spiritually fluid to me, that I feel like you would have to have negative intentions to attract negative energy or spirits.

For the most part, I don't personally believe that any divination tool will inherently attract negative energy because it's just a tool - it matters how you use it. However, I do agree that ouiji is probably not a great idea. It seems like people most often use it to contact the spirits of deceased people, which to me seems dangerous because you don't know if they still carry negative energy or grudges from their lives, are spiritually unhealthy, etc.

It seems like working with spirit guides is generally safe and good. Whenever I contact them, I am often expressly told that my spirit guides are protecting me.

Makes sense :) I ONLY ask guides/angels to help me with tarot while I shuffle. :) So hopefully that helps a bit by keeping anything un wanted away. Yeah I had a few odd things happen with Ouija board. Knowing more about it would be more cautious and I am not sure how true it they are but I heard there's ways to know you're talking to an evil spirit like if it goes in figure 8 or what not, etc, don't do use it when depressed or drinking alcohol because it sounds like spirits can use that as a weakness and take advantage of that? I do like to think my guides talk to me in like quotes I see on sites or whatever like positive quotes and what not :)
Old 06-07-2016, 02:38 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
This may be my inner skeptic/realist coming out, but I really wouldn't think a TV show called "Paranormal SURVIVOR" is really going to give you any sort of objective, impartial info on the topic

I've never used an Ouija board (nor do I have plans to) so can't comment on that.

As far as spiritual entities go (which according to my teacher, can also sort of include extensions of living people), apparently they're like nits (parden the analogy) and prefer spiritually clean environments, preferably with a lot of power. It's like, "Hello, would you like a one-night stay at the Hilton with unlimited free room service?" vs "sure, we got a free bed at Downtown Hostel, shared room with four others, no wifi". So spiritual cleansing is necessary to sweep the bad junk out, etc.

I don't really think the act of intentionally opening yourself up intuitively draws things to you, though. If you actively extend cords out to things you "feel" energetically, then yes, you could be opening yourself up to bad news. Ditto if you're stupid enough to say things that deliberate invite bad things towards you, eg "spirits of ____, hear my call and gather close" like in lots of bad sci-fi/fantasy movies. But simply shuffling some cards and flipping them over? Nah. Again, this is the human equivalent of quietly walking past a group of people vs walking up to a scary-looking person and saying "Hi I have $100 in cash, please rob me".

If you want to play safe though, you can always say something like "I am safe and will stay safe" at the start of every tarot session. Otherwise so long as you're not being stupid, everything should be fine

LOL yeah I understand about being skeptical. I do enjoy paranormal shows but I always wonder how much truth there is. surely I hope there is SOME level of truth and not ALL fake. It does sadden me when I find out a show I liked was totally fake or staged though. I am sure there is exaggerations for entertainment purposes.