Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-03-2021, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
For some, perhaps many, bereavement leaves them looking for reassurance that loved ones have not been lost forever. They want to know and understand rather than imagine. I hope this never happens to you.

Unfortunately somethings just aren't part of our physical reality. Like heaven for example, or God for the matter. They can only exist as part of our imagination, not that they couldn't be part of the physical reality, they just aren't at the moment. The same goes for the spiritual. Physicality is the reality we're living in at the moment, not the spiritual, the spiritual is secondary and unfortunately we haven't much evidence of the spiritual atm. Amen
Old 25-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I like that it means such and such to you.

For me its no joking matter though. If the afterlife exists than we will be judged. Every spiritual tradition says so. Either we are aware of it (we hear it from god, or ourselves) or we aren't (instant reincarnation). There's nothing funny about it, in fact it's very tyrannical (both ways). I suppose that works brilliantly with how the world here is. As above, so below.

Oh dear. I'm SO sorry - I didn't know you were being serious. I'll leave you to your beliefs.
Old 25-03-2021, 08:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Unfortunately somethings just aren't part of our physical reality. Like heaven for example, or God for the matter. They can only exist as part of our imagination, not that they couldn't be part of the physical reality, they just aren't at the moment. The same goes for the spiritual
Physicality is the reality we're living in at the moment, not the spiritual, the spiritual is secondary and unfortunately we haven't much evidence of the spiritual. Amen

For some - it appears - any spiritual aspect to their lives comes from the teaching/conditioning they get from mainstream religions accompanied by associated beliefs they are expected to accept and adopt. And that's perfectly fine as long as they're happy and comfortable with what they find - I'm happy for them.

But as I had already written: "For some, perhaps many, bereavement leaves them looking for reassurance that loved ones have not been lost forever. They want to know and understand rather than imagine. I hope this never happens to you."
Old 25-03-2021, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh dear. I'm SO sorry - I didn't know you were being serious. I'll leave you to your beliefs.

Really? Looks like I gave off a more serious impression than intended.

I don't mind at all that you consider the prospect of judgement to be a funny matter. That's good, you are honest. For me it's a little different. I really don't see salvation in ANY spiritual teaching because it all reflects human nature. We project our sense of right and wrong upon the universe, assuming that any of that stuff is relevant to life and the universe. I'm not much a firm believer, but I'm saying: ALL traditions say there is judgement, and if one takes any of them as starting point, than indeed, this is no laughing matter (to me).
Old 25-03-2021, 08:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Really? Looks like I gave off a more serious impression than intended.
I was simply reading what you wrote. What did you mean for me to take from that? How serious are you in what you 'say'?
Quote:
I don't mind at all that you consider the prospect of judgement to be a funny matter.
I don't but I thought you did......
Quote:
That's good, you are honest.
I am always honest, even when I'm tongue-in-cheek, the approach the emoticon should have indicated in my earlier posting.
Quote:
For me it's a little different. I really don't see salvation in ANY spiritual teaching because it all reflects human nature. We project our sense of right and wrong upon the universe, assuming that any of that hodge-podge is relevant to life and the universe. I'm not much a believer, but I'm saying: ALL traditions say there is judgement, and if one takes any of them as starting point, than indeed, this is no laughing matter (to me).
I've no idea if you've ever read anything I've written here and elsewhere over the past three and a half decades but (quote) traditions (beliefs, rituals) do not guide my approach.

But I accept you're accepting of the notion of judgment after death and have no desire to change that.
Old 25-03-2021, 08:50 PM
Master
Quote:
For some - it appears - any spiritual aspect to their lives comes from the teaching/conditioning they get from mainstream religions accompanied by associated beliefs they are expected to accept and adopt. And that's perfectly fine as long as they're happy and comfortable with what they find - I'm happy for them.

But as I had already written: "For some, perhaps many, bereavement leaves them looking for reassurance that loved ones have not been lost forever. They want to know and understand rather than imagine. I hope this never happens to you."

I'm not a part of any religious movement yet I still have love for them. I don't want to spend my life all bottled up. Religions can be quite restrictive with they're beliefs. I prefer to be a freelance lover of all things. Amen
Old 25-03-2021, 08:57 PM
Master
Quote:
I was simply reading what you wrote. What did you mean for me to take from that? How serious are you in what you 'say'?
Interesting question. I wonder about that myself.

Quote:
I don't but I thought you did......

I am always honest, even when I'm tongue-in-cheek, the approach the emoticon should have indicated in my earlier posting.
That's good!
Quote:
I've no idea if you've ever read anything I've written here and elsewhere over the past three and a half decades but (quote) traditions (beliefs, rituals) do not guide my approach.

But I accept you're accepting of the notion of judgment after death and have no desire to change that.
Nope, I haven't read most of your stuff over the past three and a half decades.
Old 25-03-2021, 09:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Nope, I haven't read most of your stuff over the past three and a half decades.

Then you will have no idea about what motivates me - no matter.
Old 25-03-2021, 09:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I'm not a part of any religious movement yet I still have love for them. I don't want to spend my life all bottled up. Religions can be quite restrictive with they're beliefs. I prefer to be a freelance lover of all things. Amen

That suggests you have not been exposed to much relating to death or the notion of survival?
Old 25-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
That suggests you have not been exposed to much relating to death or the notion of survival?

I've a fascination with death and the afterlife. Dead things walking, vampires, werewolves, zombies,the grim reaper, all that fascinates me. NDE's, life after death are other things I love to examine. The thing is however they're not part of the physical experience at this point in time, maybe we're waiting for a breakthrough, someone to master life and death as we know it. The manifestation of all we could ever imagine. The answers out there somewhere. Who's to say our imaginations and/or dreams can't be manifested into physical reality, maybe one day that will happen. Amen