Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 31-05-2016, 08:02 AM
Seeker

Astral projection or dreaming?

I think I had my first astral projection this morning, but I'm not sure if I did. I remember waking up this morning, still feeling somewhat tired, to which I decided to stay in bed but with the intent of astral projecting. From what I remember, it all felt like it happened almost instantly. I began to feel the same vibrations I felt when I got close to astral projecting last time, but they were a lot more intense. The process was very quick though. Like last time when I almost got to the astral world, I felt this really loud ringing in my ears, almost like they were being fine-tuned. But this time I didn't really get that. I just got the vibrations all over my body.
I felt my body rise up and detach and I felt like I was just floating upwards, but I couldn't see anything. I tried to get out of the room and move around, but nothing was happening. The room in real life was pretty much dark, so I figured that was why I couldn't see, but now I think it might be because I was just dreaming it? Idk. Anyway, when I realised I couldn't move I just went back into my body and opened my eyes.

I feel like it's logical that this was a dream, but I remember it feeling so real, like it actually happened. (I never get like that with my actual dreams, at least not to this extent). The tingling sensations also felt so much more real too, so idk what could have happened lol. I'd be curious to hear some opinions, thanks!
Old 31-05-2016, 09:26 AM
Seeker
Memory can be very strange when it comes to astral projection and its easy to forget things that happened. So it can feel very dream like. It is possible to astral project without having sight fully developed in the astral also.

Some people do believe that astral projection is just another form of lucid dreaming from a different perspective.
Old 31-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonge
I think I had my first astral projection this morning, but I'm not sure if I did. I remember waking up this morning, still feeling somewhat tired, to which I decided to stay in bed but with the intent of astral projecting. From what I remember, it all felt like it happened almost instantly. I began to feel the same vibrations I felt when I got close to astral projecting last time, but they were a lot more intense. The process was very quick though. Like last time when I almost got to the astral world, I felt this really loud ringing in my ears, almost like they were being fine-tuned. But this time I didn't really get that. I just got the vibrations all over my body.
I felt my body rise up and detach and I felt like I was just floating upwards, but I couldn't see anything. I tried to get out of the room and move around, but nothing was happening. The room in real life was pretty much dark, so I figured that was why I couldn't see, but now I think it might be because I was just dreaming it? Idk. Anyway, when I realised I couldn't move I just went back into my body and opened my eyes.

I feel like it's logical that this was a dream, but I remember it feeling so real, like it actually happened. (I never get like that with my actual dreams, at least not to this extent). The tingling sensations also felt so much more real too, so idk what could have happened lol. I'd be curious to hear some opinions, thanks!

It must have been astral projection. I remember having one like that where I just got up and float into the roof of the room, I didn't go out but I was able to see the room and it was changed and full of electronic gadgets that are not there. If it was a dream you would still be able to see because we see in dreams.
Old 31-05-2016, 02:05 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the input guys!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:05 AM
Newbie ;)

This is actually a partial Astral Projection. At that point you describe you're literally half way there. I have personally had about 20-30 experiences which are very similar to this, without sight, limited movement, but there can be another awareness (kind of a dark subconscious sight) which can tell you somewhat where you are. In the book "Projection of the Astral Body" by Sylan Muldoon he describes this process of not having astral sight in depth, and apparently once you get a decent distance away from the physical body, sight can kick in. Also being unable to move is pretty common too. You were actually in the perfect position to do an exit technique, because you would have been a few centimeters to a few feet out of body, but still somewhat in synch with it. That would be the exact time to do an exit technique (try to roll out, etc). I've personally just bruteforced my way out at this point, rolled out, or asked for help by guides and been pulled out.

Getting stuck in that place is a common sticking point for many would-be projectors.

Also, it's helpful to have the distinction that if you get the vibrations you can be sure that the Astral body is being affected (the vibrations happen in the Astral body). It's still possible to go off into dreaming at that point, but that's a very good sign that you're having a "real" rather than a dream experience (according to my experience). Without the vibrations it's far more likely a lucid dream, in which case you can pretty much discount the experience as mostly happening in your own mind.

Last edited by RamonNZ : 01-06-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Newbie ;)

After thousands of years of meditation and yog, Rishi Munis and the spiritually advanced were able to astral project, something that's dangerous and not 'for fun'. There's no way any ordinary person can astral project just like that, so you were dreaming.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonge
I think I had my first astral projection this morning, but I'm not sure if I did. I remember waking up this morning, still feeling somewhat tired, to which I decided to stay in bed but with the intent of astral projecting. From what I remember, it all felt like it happened almost instantly. ...................................

When you sleep, your astral body go out itself. But often it is only a bad dreem. You could try an experiment. Try meditation about a journey before you sleep. The best on a place you know well. Regularly for more nights. If will it an astral travel, then you can see what is happening there at the moment.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Pathfinder

I think you had an astral projection! Congrats! That is a very difficult thing to achieve. The next time, you can just try to say: I see clearly now! Or Awareness Now! Or something of the sort, so that your astral body activites your astral sight.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Pathfinder

another good sign of you APing is that it felt super real.
I am a bit jealous ;) Have been trying to AP for a month but no success.