Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Master
WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I'm sorry, but I had forgotten that I posted to this thread....I am probably older than both of you, but I still agree with Mind's Eye on this subject.....
I also was raised in a christian home, but no longer believe the fairy tales that get manipulated and reinvented every century or so..........it just doesn't make any sense to me, and that is my criteria for belief or non belief in any concept or theory.......Jesus, if he existed at all, was the "only" son of god???? really? what about the rest of us, are we not also the children of god (actually we are one and the same and only the illusion of separateness actually separates us).......would a truly loving god have "anything" to do with cruelty of any kind? I don't think so..........does he not love us all equally? not according to your bible.......would a loving god create evil? I don't think so........IMHO, you and other fundamentalists are the ones who refuse to see the light or the truth or whatever you may want to call it and are misguided......but hey, if it makes you happy, so be it my friend........my truth does not have to be your truth......

You are in error, Juanita, judging prematurely... and having made poor choices.

It's not up to me to decide if you are among the predestined regarding salvation, and eternal life.
No amount of church, or family upbringing will aid one, if it is not meant to be.
This is the mystery involving free will, and predestination.

But, how do you discern, also, that I am a fundamentist? Simply because I am a Christian?
Are all Chrstians fundamentalists in your view?
Oh.
Concerning your statements above, you probably were not aware of this scripture, and others similar...

"Beloved, now we are the children of God, and it does not appear what we shall be,
but we know that when we shall see Him, we shall be like Him, for, we shall see Him as He is."

Equally, Jesus called His followers brothers, and, as does the Bible overall, related the deceased with angels in Heaven.
Overall in the Bible, "Stars", represent both angels, and people, alike.

From 1John

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I'm sorry, but I had forgotten that I posted to this thread....I am probably older than both of you, but I still agree with Mind's Eye on this subject.....
I also was raised in a christian home, but no longer believe the fairy tales that get manipulated and reinvented every century or so..........it just doesn't make any sense to me, and that is my criteria for belief or non belief in any concept or theory.......Jesus, if he existed at all, was the "only" son of god???? really? what about the rest of us, are we not also the children of god (actually we are one and the same and only the illusion of separateness actually separates us).......would a truly loving god have "anything" to do with cruelty of any kind? I don't think so..........does he not love us all equally? not according to your bible.......would a loving god create evil? I don't think so........IMHO, you and other fundamentalists are the ones who refuse to see the light or the truth or whatever you may want to call it and are misguided......but hey, if it makes you happy, so be it my friend........my truth does not have to be your truth......

A very wise metaphysician once said that man will only rise in spirit and consciousness as high as his idea about God...

Therefore, is it any wonder that man has so easily killed in the name of God, when his God has killed so effortlessly. Like the deity he worships, man has slaughtered his brother because he believes differently than he...

Is it any wonder that man kills his brother spiritually, by looking upon him and condemning him to an eternal, flaming torture pit... because his God has vowed to send so many there. God, who is said to be love, will burn alive forever the most kind hearted man just because he has the wrong religion..

Is it any wonder that man is puffed up with pride, though he claims to be humble in spirit, because God favors him for choosing the one correct belief system in the cosmos.

Is it any wonder that with scriptures that promote war, mass murder and make such statements as, "the Lord is a man of war," that man has risen no further than the supreme being he has made in his own image and likeness?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You are in error, Juanita, judging prematurely... and having made poor choices.

It is thou who has made the poor choices; choosing to disregard proven facts and believe in a religion that has no credible evidence to back it's broad claims. History and archeology have dismantled much of the so called, "Biblical history," and shown it to be either non-existent or in grave error... Would God be so wrong or tell such false tales? Does God need to tell fairy tales in order to deceive men to believe? This sounds more like the work of men than of God...

The broad sword of error strikes heavily at your own pious heals... though you deny the very blood it draws.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Master
You also have made errant judgement Minds, which will become all too apparent shortly enough, as we observe what unfolds.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You also have made errant judgement Minds, which will become all too apparent shortly enough, as we observe what unfolds.

And it will "unfold" for generations to come, just as people of all ages and times have thought the world was ending in their era... It is the same story decade after decade; I would suggest you do some research and acquaint yourself with fact and history before leaning on errant judgements based on a book that has been proven to be not what many blindly believe it is... Enjoy your life and see the beauty; don't go to the grave awaiting some hostile take over by a make believe devil.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:38 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
And it will "unfold" for generations to come, just as people of all ages and times have thought the world was ending in their era... It is the same story decade after decade; I would suggest you do some research and acquaint yourself with fact and history before leaning on errant judgements based on a book that has been proven to be not what many blindly believe it is... Enjoy your life and see the beauty; don't go to the grave awaiting some hostile take over by a make believe devil.

Well, that's your own personal opinion youngen, and you are entitled to believe as you will, no matter how wrong you are found to be.

But Let me here, reveal to you, my God whom I found in the holy Scriptures of all of God’s children.

The beginning of the evolution of this universal body, was the Big Bang, which spewed out liquid like electromagnetic energy in the trillions of degrees, the quantum of that electromagnetic energy are “waves” which cannot really be classified as particles, as they have zero mass and no electric charge, but they carry angular and linear momentum, and it is that momentum that animates the entire universe that has evolved from the Big Bang.

That momentum is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire evolving universal body, which include all therein, which is but the evolving universal body, and that animating principle is called “The Logos,” which has been erroneously translated as “The Word,” when in fact it means , “All the information that is gathered, which later express’s itself, not as the spoken word, but as another universal body in the image of the body in which that information was gathered.

Here we see the soul or life force=waves, that animate the subatomic particles, atoms, molecules and all the life forms that the Logos has evolved into, and it is into that life force that all the information that is gathered through the senses of the beings that it has become, is imprinted.

When you die, and your body, skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc has returned to the universal elements from which it is created, all that remains, is a shadow or facsimile of you the mind=spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force.

When this particular generation of the universe will have been condensed once more into the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity from which it originated, “The Logos,” which is all the gathered information from this cycle of universal activity, will express itself, not as the spoken "WORD" as most christians seem to believe, but as another generation of the universe, in the image and likeness of this one, and we will be reborn in that next cycle.

We live in an eternal oscillating universe, that expands outward and contracts back to it's beginning in space time.

Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. ‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the generations of the universe.

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it. Every universe from the first to the last, from the smallest to the greatest, which have been created throughout the eons of eternity, still exist in their independent Space-Time positions within the eternal and boundless cosmos.

The New international Version, the Scofield Referrence Bible, and the Companion Bible, all note that the phase in Genesis 1: 2; The earth was formless and void (Having neither shape or mass) should be correctly translated, “The earth became without form and void.” The Hebrew word “Hayah” translated “was,” means “To become, occur, come to pass, Be.” (Vines Complete Expository of Old and New Testament Words, 1985. “To Be.”)

Another universe may have preceded ours, study finds. May 14th, 2006. Courtesy Penn State University and World Science staff.

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/060514_bouncefrm.htm

I would rather a theory which states that there are many galactic clusters out there within the boundless cosmos, each cluster in its own position in Space-time, consisting of billions of Galaxies falling inward toward a Great Abyss, Black Hole, or Bottomless Pit, where, once torn to pieces molecule by molecule, atom by atom, sub-atomic particle by sub-atomic particle, and reconverted into the electromagnetic energy from which they were created and accelerated along the dark worm hole to speeds far, far in excess of the speed of light, where that liquid like Magnetic energy is spewed out in the trillions of degrees, somewhere far beyond the visible horizon of the boundless cosmos, where, from the cooling quantum of that electromagnetic energy a new universe is created, to which the light from its old position in space-time, would take billions upon billions of years to reach it.

The body of God, who is all that exists, in whose image we were created, eternally oscillates between the two states of matter and energy, and Just as this visible physical universal body is translated to a body of unapproachable Light before it cools down to matter once again, so too those elect ones, who are chosen as the Sons of God, will also be translated from bodies of corruptible matter, into glorious bodies of brilliant and blinding Light, and they inherit eternal life.

Unlike those who do not attain to perfection, who will all be resurrected in the next cycle of physical universal activity, with inborn faint remembrance of their previous life, or once again go through the whole process of reincarnation in the refining fires of physical life where they shall be given a new heart and a new mind.

The root to the word Brahman originally meant “Speech”, much as the Logos is said to mean ‘word,’ but both are the gathered genetic information of every generation of the universe to have come into existence throughout the eons of eternity. Both should be seen as the essential divine reality of the universe, the eternal spirit/gathered information, from which all being originates, and to which all must return.

At the close of each period of universal activity, the Godhead or the compilation of all the minds of the most high species to have evolved in that period enters into Brahman/Logos, as the supreme personality of godhead (The Light Of Man) the life in Brahman/Logos.

To the Hindu, it is Krishna, the eighth manifestation of Vishnu, who enters into Brahman at the close of this cycle of universal manifestation as the evolved mind in the eternal evolving God.

To those who understand the word of God, it is Jesus, the manifestation of Enoch, who is the manifestation of Adam, who is the manifestation of the evolving Godhead who once ruled the earth for 3 million years in the body of the most high to have evolved on earth at that time, the giant upright walking reptile. No species can live for that long without developing intellect, and it was the evolving intellect of the heir to the throne of Godhead in Brahman/Logos, that was the intellect inherited by the evolving homo-sapiens.

Neither the Impersonal God Brahman of the impersonal God “Logos” who are one and the same and who send their blessings of rain, good produce, etc, etc, on the righteous and wicked alike, and who sends disasters on the wicked and righteous alike, has ever spoken a universe into existence.

But it was the supreme Personality of Godhead who descended through time, to the very Beginning, before space and time within this three dimensional world had ever come in to existence, and there, within the seemingly bottomless pit, where all the electromagnetic energy, that would cool down to become matter, would be spewed out, with the Big Bang in the trillions of degrees, And it was "The Light of Man," the light and Life of the Logos, who was the observer, who says, “Let there be Light” as he witnessed the invisible Logos/Brahman transform itself over billions of years as the resurrected body in which the Omega of the previous cycle of universal manifestation, became the Alpha, who will become the Omega in the new heavens and earth, which God (Brahman or Logos) creates, after first calling all creation back to himself.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 27-02-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
Well, that's your own personal opinion youngen, and you are entitled to believe as you will, no matter how wrong you are found to be.

But Let me here, reveal to you, my God whom I found in the holy Scriptures of all of God’s children.

And the very theories you espouse would be rejected by the religion you believe because it mixes Hindu ideology with Christian concepts; this is simply not tolerated in Christianity, and not even in the Bible: For Jesus said, "all those who came before me were liars and thieves."

Therefore, we just have a set of personal beliefs that work for you as an individual, but in no way cancels out the spirituality of others. Nor does it do credible damage to the facts, (once again I say,) to the archeological evidence that has shown the Bible to be historically incorrect and even fabricated stories...

Again I ask... did God have to resort to fairy tales and untruths in order to get man to believe? I have noticed that no one ever touches that question.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:45 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
And the very theories you espouse would be rejected by the religion you believe because it mixes Hindu ideology with Christian concepts; this is simply not tolerated in Christianity, and not even in the Bible: For Jesus said, "all those who came before me were liars and thieves."

Therefore, we just have a set of personal beliefs that work for you as an individual, but in no way cancels out the spirituality of others. Nor does it do credible damage to the facts, (once again I say,) to the archeological evidence that has shown the Bible to be historically incorrect and even fabricated stories...

Again I ask... did God have to resort to fairy tales and untruths in order to get man to believe? I have noticed that no one ever touches that question.

And you suppose to know what branch of religion i might belong to, do you?

[Mind's Eye wrote].......Again I ask... did God have to resort to fairy tales and untruths in order to get man to believe? I have noticed that no one ever touches that question.

He didn't, it is all true. Prove otherwise. For every expert you present in support of your fabrications, I will put forward an expert to prove your champion to be wrong.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
He didn't, it is all true. Prove otherwise. For every expert you present in support of your fabrications, I will put forward an expert to prove your champion to be wrong.

Fine then, give me one solid piece of evidence that shows that Jesus really did exist... And please, do not site one of the old forgeries that Christians still produce as proof.

And remember, the Bible makes enormous claims of Jesus healing the sick, raising the dead, causing religious/political upheaval and having whole towns and villages coming out to hear him speak or to be touched by him... So please do not give me some vague document about a shadowy man named Jesus being crucified by a Roman governor...

Show me proof of the man Jesus of scripture, the very well known, famous and popular man, "whom the entire region heard of."

And lastly... Do not site a Christian historian or scholar. Give me an honest historian with nothing to prove or lose by stating the truth.

I will not even consider a Christian historian or archeologist; they are famous for making square pegs fit into round holes to try and prove what they believe is true. Far too much tampering and speculation there.

You have your work cut out for you.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Master
Bravo, Mind's Eye.