Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-01-2015, 01:53 AM
yumi14

why didnt Jesus write for us?

There is a guy on YouTube who has an apparent gift of translating words into numbers. I'm a new subscriber to him, but I doubt I will really go over his methods.

Anyway, he put out a video today breaking down the words Jesus didn't write the words. Or something to that effect.

It got me wondering why didn't Jesus write the words himself and leave it for us? Why rely on other people?

I suppose he just knew they would write their testimony and what they witnessed and that was good enough for Christ. So, he just let it be that way.

Then, if he had written it all himself, that would have been even more blasphemy in the eyes of those who were against him. Possibly crucifying him earlier than he was. Perhaps Jesus knew all of this and that is why he relied on witness written testimony after he was crucified and ascended.

This also has me wondering why Jesus would always tell people who witnessed his miracles and would tell them to not tell anyone about what they just saw. Jesus knew that their stories would be told.

What is your take on this?

Old 24-01-2015, 01:59 AM
yumi14

For anyone interested in the YouTube person, his name is MightyMesser .

His video today is: Jesus Left You No Written Word.

Again, I'm not as interested in the YT methods as I thought I might have been. But, he did get me wondering why Jesus didn't leave us with writings of his own.
Old 24-01-2015, 02:03 AM
Pathfinder

Are you suggesting the testimony of eye witnesses is not as good as someone who just puts words down on paper?

An example, if a person writes a sentence claiming that he healed a paralytic, which one bears more weight? The writing of a person or the eye witness account which can either deny or verify the incident?

As for your remaining questions, regarding miracles and signs, Satan tempted Jesus by using miracles and signs such as turning stones into bread. Jesus knew people would follow him for these spectacles and not for the right reason and is why He said no other sign shall be given but the sign of Jonah = Faith. Matter of fact, many were following Jesus when he was healing... until he started teaching the Sovereignty of God. Many at that time departed from Jesus........

Last edited by JibJab : 24-01-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old 24-01-2015, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
It's likely Jesus couldn't write. Because he was an advanced Soul, didn't preclude the conditions of the time he was incarnated into. Being a 'scribe' would have been another ball-game.
It would certainly have been interesting if he had left writings....
Old 24-01-2015, 04:43 AM
Master
How easy was it to get paper back then? Not very and it was expensive.

The true teaching of Jesus were more of a teacher to student relationship.
Old 24-01-2015, 07:08 AM
yumi14

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibJab
Are you suggesting the testimony of eye witnesses is not as good as someone who just puts words down on paper?

An example, if a person writes a sentence claiming that he healed a paralytic, which one bears more weight? The writing of a person or the eye witness account which can either deny or verify the incident?

As for your remaining questions, regarding miracles and signs, Satan tempted Jesus by using miracles and signs such as turning stones into bread. Jesus knew people would follow him for these spectacles and not for the right reason and is why He said no other sign shall be given but the sign of Jonah = Faith. Matter of fact, many were following Jesus when he was healing... until he started teaching the Sovereignty of God. Many at that time departed from Jesus........

I'm not suggesting anything at all. It was a curious thought and I thought it might make for an interesting discussion.

I'm sure Jesus had his reasons why he didn't leave us writings himself. That is where faith comes in. Faith in the people to have accurately written their testimony. Faith that what they wrote for us is undeniable truth of the word of God. Faith on a lot of levels really.
Old 24-01-2015, 07:19 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
It's likely Jesus couldn't write. Because he was an advanced Soul, didn't preclude the conditions of the time he was incarnated into. Being a 'scribe' would have been another ball-game.
It would certainly have been interesting if he had left writings....

I'm not even responding to Jesus being an advanced "soul," but only responding to the "likeliness" or "probability" of Jesus' ability to write, and why the Holy Bible's credibility is reinforced with eye witness accounts. Sometimes the Gospels are referred to as "Gospel Records."

Here's what the Bible says:

Quote:
Luke 4:16-22:

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up. And as was his custom, he went to the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and he stood up to read. 17 And the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written, ... 20 And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth. And they said, “Is not this Joseph's son?”

Quote:
Matthew 13:54
54 and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, “Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works?

The verse here says that Jesus astonished them learned men of his day with his wisdom and he taught them. This is not the work of an unlearned man. Teaching from, reasoning from and accurately quoting the OT Scriptures (dozens of times) are clear signs of solid education and literacy skills.

Quote:
John 8:6-8

6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground.

The fact that Jesus could write is taught in this passage. We shouldn't assume that Jesus doodled on the ground. He wrote something that caused the religious leaders to leave the scene. However, exactly what He wrote has been the subject of endless speculation.

Contrary to what you suggested Yumi, "Jesus just knew they would write their testimony and what they witnessed and that was good enough for Christ." God did not simply reveal truth to the writers of Scripture and then depart in hopes that they might communicate it accurately. Peter says that in the very communicating of it they were carried by the Holy Spirit. The making of the Bible was not left to merely human skills of communication; the Holy Spirit himself carried the process to completion. He actually commanded to write, "Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are and those that are to take place after this." - Revelation 1:19. Christians (Protestants) believe the authors of the 66 books are speaking from God, and moved by the Holy Spirit. They spoke from God. What they have to say is not merely from their own limited perspective. They are not the origin of the truth they speak; they are the channel. The truth is God's truth. Their meaning is God's meaning. It is a great advantage to understand the criteria of these authors of whom some are true Prophet. 1 - a true prophet does not speak from themselves but they speak from God. 2 - no prophet may contradict a previous prophet, because God would never contradict himself. 3 - if future prophecy is foretold it must come to pass.

I could continue, but I am pressed for time and think that this is all you asked for?

Enjoy,
JibJab
Old 24-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Master
Jesus appeared in the middle East, in Israel, in a very Eastern manner.
Similiar to the gurus and teachers in the Far East.

He appeared in dynamic manner, called, "The Word made flesh", and with signs and miracles, exhibiting power.
It was the habit to write of such an individual by attending witnesses and "scribes".

He was not the scribe, or the witness.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Master

what was written about him was done hundreds of years after he died. so it is more of story telling. exact words would be a problem.

kk
Old 24-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Master

Very few people could read back then. The spoken tradition held sway. Which is why Apostles were chosen to spread the teachings in the manner and custom of the day.

But the core of his teachings were recorded by those who had heard them at first hand. Of these scrolls and manuscripts, some remain at large waiting to be discovered, some are in safe keeping, and others were purposely hidden and others destroyed to hide the true Christ message from the masses, to acquire and uphold wealth and power for the Roman Catholic Church.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com