Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-01-2023, 03:30 PM
Master

The word 'reincarnation' is one which carries an immense amount of baggage.

There is no need for any definition of the meaning of reincarnation - it seems to be pretty clear on the surface - at least to those who willingly accept the premises generally expounded as laws.

There are those belief systems where reincarnation is accepted as a valid part of the system and there are those who have no part in such a belief.

As an aside; I am once again attempting to read and understand Emanuel Swedenborg's book 'Heaven and Hell', a thick, information-filled, cumbersome book from a man who has been named as the greatest visionary ever. He speaks of his travels through what we would call 'the astral plane' where he meets all kinds of entities and circumstances including people from other planets (he doesn't unfortunately go into any details) but nor does he ever mention reincarnation.

---------------------------------

I would suggest that we could quite easily use another word for reincarnation - one which we all understand:

Recycling.

We know without any doubt that everything is recycled. It's known as ashes to ashes and dust to dust. There is nothing in nature that doesn't get recycled. Even the shiny red Ferrari standing outside you house will join the pile of dust which was originally responsible for you being here. Maybe the fact that everything we see, have, use, prefer, embrace, own, cling to - all came and comes out of the earth/Earth. And it all goes back into it. Nature or whatever you want to call it is also responsible for you being here. You have lived your whole life from the earth - all that you have ever eaten and drunk to stay alive has been supplied by the planet and its exposition to the sun.

When you were born you didn't come into this life you came out of it. Just like a dandelion comes out in the grass.

Everything has its season. Everything is born, grows, bears fruit and dies. And starts again. Just as we do.
Nature, or if you prefer, the universe - has devised the ability to observe itself. By observing itself it too takes part in a learning process. Our consciousnesses are nature's windows on the world. If nature hadn't developed this ability we can assume it would just be a mass of lifeless stuff taking up space and be of no benefit. Evolution is the path the universe has chosen to grow and blossom.

Evolution is a superior kind of karma.

Nature or the universe is also subject to the laws of recycling or reincarnation
(but it doesn't of course turn into flesh). Science knows this as it has detected the background of the universe previous to the Big Bang. Hinduism even suggests the number of billions of years 'planned' for the rise and fall of universes.

There would be lots more to say on this subject - I find that what I have written has somewhat failed regarding the intentions I had, but the gist is clear - I think.

'We' will always be here.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 20-01-2023, 05:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
The cloaking of our true self, our spirit self, when we enter this world works so well that we may have little appreciation of the big picture. But perhaps amazement or gratitude are reactions from those new(ish) to this dimension whereas those who've been here previously may find the novelty has long since worn off and the drudgery of life in-the-body dominates their psyche.
An interesting perspective. Another perspective is that a lack of amazement is due to our physical age rather than the number of incarnations. Much of daily life is mundane repetition. When we are children every day can seem fresh and new. When we are older it is all just the same routine with just the occasional event to shake us up.

Hence Gurdjieff's idea that most people are asleep, sleep-walking through daily life. Our first task is to wake up.

And our ability to appreciate life may be affected by our financial resources. It is difficult to be filled with amazement and appreciation if every day is a struggle to pay the bills and put food on the table. It is easier to appreciate life when we can enjoy a life of leisure with a healthy bank balance - one of the benefits of being a certain age and happily retired!

Peace
Old 20-01-2023, 10:50 PM
Newbie ;)

In my experience and understanding, this world in this universe is but one of many distinct and separate universes.
Source is the middle-point and birthplace of all universes/worlds and the worlds are the birthplaces of all souls.
The point of life is to advance in soul level up the spiritual dimensions which take many, many lifetimes through the highest dimension of this universe to prime source.

Souls are not guaranteed eternal life, what one does in ones life will either advance the souls dimensional levelling or keep at same level for many lifetimes.
If one does things for many lifetimes that are against the principles of life and order then the soul will wither and become a ghoul or demon-like creature and later be destroyed and die.
The cost of being evil, is great in the long run.

So many souls perish, not many soul reach back to source.
Some of them come back but not many.
Because life in the higher realms don't really concern themselves with the many different universes.
They are more like seeds thrown out and hope for the best fruits to come back.

The price of entrance into eternity is nothing but the absolute highest principles and purity. No soul can exist in the highest dimension without vibrating at the highest frequency.
Old 21-01-2023, 08:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_oaks
In my experience and understanding, this world in this universe is but one of many distinct and separate universes.
It would be interesting if you would substantiate some of your statements.

It's always good to hear new povs-

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 21-01-2023, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_oaks
In my experience and understanding,
- this world in this universe is but one of many distinct and separate universes.

-The price of entrance into eternity is nothing but the absolute highest principles and purity.
-No soul can exist in the highest dimension without vibrating at the highest frequency.
I happen to think this, also...of course I have no proof.

Different Universes? God is so amazing, so shockingly amazing...sure,
there could be many Universes.
(His diversity and imagination can be seen in the Oceans ...they are like a different universes, to me!! Ha!) :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-01-2023, 02:32 PM
Experiencer

There might be any number of universes given we have so little knowledge even about our own. Even if there are other universes 'out there' somewhere, they may occupy spiritual dimensions different from that of our own, each dimension unaffected by the presence of 'neighboring' ones.

If so, do we understand the implications?
Old 21-01-2023, 04:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
...each dimension unaffected by the presence of 'neighboring' ones.

Because we are inextricably connected, whatever happens anywhere affects things everywhere. This is also why the Interdimensional beings began to show up after we detonated nuclear bombs -- our actions affect the other dimensions, poetically described as the Net of Indra.

__/\__
Old 21-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Experiencer

Whether or not nuclear bombs resulted in the arrival of extra-terrestrial visitors is unclear but events in different universes, yet within the same dimension, might well interfere with one another. But an event in one (spiritual) dimension does not necessarily produce an effect in a different dimension.

The point I made earlier was: "Even if there are other universes 'out there' somewhere, they may occupy spiritual dimensions different from that of our own, each dimension unaffected by the presence of 'neighboring' ones."
Old 22-01-2023, 01:15 PM
Master

AnotherBob. Yep I agree with your comments cos that is the reason why so many of them came here at that time. I get the Net of Indra as well. Good point.
Old 31-01-2023, 02:50 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningMoon
... If people lived forever it makes me wonder if we really would even appreciate life at all. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Sure we would. We would still have to witness the creatures we love, like my cats Starla and Buster, die. Ouch.