Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 04-12-2018, 12:38 PM
ImthatIm

gem
Take a 1000 piece puzzle and lets say you have 2 pieces and not corner pieces.
You can spend years twisting and turning those 2 known piece and your still guessing intelligently but still guessing.Nothing proven.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
gem
You can spend years twisting and turning those 2 known piece and your still guessing intelligently but still guessing.Nothing proven.

Natural history has been scientifically investigated for centuries, and lots of pieces have already been put together. The big picture looks like evolution. That was already established pre-Darwin, but Darwin explained the evolutionary process of natural selection.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient

Wow! I had no idea that Australia had such a problem with kangaroos!

That sounds very much like the problem we have here in Texas with wild hogs.

Here In Texas, the wild hog population has exploded and they are absolutely out of control and literally destroying things in there wake.

The state has encouraged ranchers and hunters to take hogs when ever possible in an effort to get the hog population under control.

Fortunately...they are very tasty and popular to eat.....it's too bad that the Aussies have not embraced kangaroo meat to a greater extent! (Gem would likely know something about that)

On my own property we hunt them often and my grandson Nick hunts them all the time....sometimes a couple of weekends a month or more... and we donate all the meat to homeless shelters who are grateful to have it!

Nicolas cut his teeth as a young boy bow hunting wild hogs and he's an expert at it and rather fearless too considering that big hogs (we're talking 300 to 500 pound wild hogs) in close quarters can be very dangerous.

He keeps a journal of his hunts and how many pounds of meat he's donated......for 2018 he's almost at 11,000 pounds!

And every bit of it donated to the homeless shelters through the Texas "Hunters for The Homeless" program.

A good afternoon of hog hunting along the Texas coast!!
Attachment 2732

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 18-12-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Master
Lucky 1

Feral pigs are a huge problem in Australia as well:
http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiv...lia/feral-pigs

About our North Eurasian bows ….. could this blog be of interest to you?:
http://northernwildernesskills.blogs...ugric-bow.html

Old 04-12-2018, 04:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Lucky 1
About our North Eurasian bows ….. could this blog be of interest to you?:
http://northernwildernesskills.blogs...ugric-bow.html

Those look very close in design to the Asiatic horse bow!!! Think "Mongols and Peoples of the Steppes"

Clearly there was a lot of cross-over in bow tech throughout that area.

I have a hunting buddy who collects Asiatic Horse Bows and I own a couple myself....

In use they have a bit of the feel of a (rather short) long bow but shoot more like a recurve.

The web link you posted doesn't give any dimensions for the Scandinavian bow but the Asiatic bows tend to be kinda short length wise as they were designed for combat from horseback.

Thanks for the blog link!.....I saved it to my favorites so I can come back to it later.

Here is video from the famed Danish archer Lars Anderson who practices combat archery using the skills of the past....very few people still shoot like this anymore and its pretty amazing to watch.....you will note that he is using a bow very similar to the one in your blog link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 04-12-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:22 PM
ImthatIm

Gem
I agree.
Adaption exists. Fact. What makes adaptation possible? I say Spirit and mind changes the physical form.
Did monkeys adapt to humans or did monkeys adapt from Humans according to scientists? Including all science from when time began. Not just modern/natural science. Or did Humans and monkeys adapt from a single ancestor? Maybe monkey is a dying strand of adaptation. My science proves that.
Evolution and it's theory evolved as a movement.(they moved in one direction. Prove God does not exist ((ME NO LIKE GOD))
The law I believe in ( Not theory ) is the law of Spirit and Truth. The hypothesis has been proven from countless observations by countless people and there is countless mounds of science based papers and writing. Spirit and Truth has transitioned from theory to law by experimental reproduction, fixed in it's single outcome.Same as Newton's law. Some know the correct experimental procedures other have incomplete procedures.
A heap of dry bones has neither Spirit nor Truth. Just some pieces of a puzzle that a movement uses to play 3 card Monty. Fact bones were found. They 'speak' something lived and something died. I was generous allowing 2 hole pieces from a 1000 piece puzzle.In reality scientist probably only have .00001% bone fragments of 10,000,000,000 possible full skeletons . You can not prove I am wrong.Fact. (amoeba/monkey/chicken or egg same thing)
Einstein's theories, Now that's some theories.
Big bang, I don't doubt it. prove who or what created the bang. Proving a creator that's my kind of science.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Gem
I agree.
Adaption exists. Fact. What makes adaptation possible? I say Spirit and mind changes the physical form.
Did monkeys adapt to humans or did monkeys adapt from Humans according to scientists? Including all science from when time began. Not just modern/natural science. Or did Humans and monkeys adapt from a single ancestor? Maybe monkey is a dying strand of adaptation. My science proves that.
Evolution and it's theory evolved as a movement.(they moved in one direction. Prove God does not exist ((ME NO LIKE GOD))
The law I believe in ( Not theory ) is the law of Spirit and Truth. The hypothesis has been proven from countless observations by countless people and there is countless mounds of science based papers and writing. Spirit and Truth has transitioned from theory to law by experimental reproduction, fixed in it's single outcome.Same as Newton's law. Some know the correct experimental procedures other have incomplete procedures.
A heap of dry bones has neither Spirit nor Truth. Just some pieces of a puzzle that a movement uses to play 3 card Monty. Fact bones were found. They 'speak' something lived and something died. I was generous allowing 2 hole pieces from a 1000 piece puzzle.In reality scientist probably only have .00001% bone fragments of 10,000,000,000 possible full skeletons . You can not prove I am wrong.Fact. (amoeba/monkey/chicken or egg same thing)
Einstein's theories, Now that's some theories.
Big bang, I don't doubt it. prove who or what created the bang. Proving a creator that's my kind of science.

In science......(and Gem touched on this) a theory is based on the "best facts as we know them.

So when I hear people say....well....its not fact....its just a theory..they don't have an understanding of how science works....a theory is considered 'the facts' at that time in science.

And if something comes along that changes the facts then the theory is modified to accommodate that.....that is how science works.

As for evolution....and you will often hear it called the theory of evolution....and it is not! .......It is the "Theory of Natural Selection"

And the Theory of Natural Selection is not complicated.....ALL that it says is that living things change over time (evolve-adapt) to suit their environment or due to environmental pressures of some sort.......That's it!

And the fact that living creatures change over time due to environment is something that can be seen and studied.

Darwin made his case for this by observing those changes in real time....some species actually change very rapidly in response to their environment....others change very very slowly......or if they are unable to change (adapt-evolve) either at all....or fast enough...that species dies out.....and that can and has been observed too.

But through observation and the fossil record the changes can be seen so in my mind The Theory of Natural Selection come across as scientifically valid.

Now science is all about facts and what can be observed in our world......other things that are not part of science...coming under the heading of faith....those things fall outside of science and enter the realm of religion and the spiritual.....and to me there is not really a conflict between the two

Old 04-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
gem
Species adapt to their environment and change over the generations. We don't even need fossils to prove anything, we can observe it just fine in today's world. We know animals and plants change over generations, sometimes rather fast, at other times hardly so as there's less disturbance for it to occur. But certain favourable characteristics survive in a given environment and these animals and plants pass on those genes, meaning that over an XX amount of time.. the species behaves and will look differently..
Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Here is video from the famed Danish archer Lars Anderson who practices combat archery using the skills of the past....very few people still shoot like this anymore and its pretty amazing to watch.....you will note that he is using a bow very similar to the one in your blog link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk
Interesting, thanks Lucky 1 for the info, your passion makes me learn something here.
Lars is indeed impressive with his skills.
So were your hogs!

Quote:
Those look very close in design to the Asiatic horse bow!!! Think "Mongols and Peoples of the Steppes"
Horseback Archery is beautiful to watch and I imagine this sport would become really addictive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7Gs2EIR-E

Old 04-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Horseback Archery is beautiful to watch and I imagine this sport would become really addictive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7Gs2EIR-E

Good Lord!!!.... A Hot Finnish girl....shooting a bow....on horse back!!!

She's badass!!!! Oh baby!!! I think I'm in love!!!!

And I noticed that she's using a thumb style release.....drawing the string with the thumb and pointer finger.....and drawing the arrow on the right side of the bow (like Lars Anderson) ....that IS considered very old school!

And one of the the areas she was riding through...Lapland....that is adjacent to the area from which the People's of the Steppes originated from....very cool video....another one saved to favorites!

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 04-12-2018 at 10:35 PM.