Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 31-10-2022, 10:07 AM
asearcher

What's with the eyes?

I wonder if anyone here is sensitive to the eyes of other people?

I know a child, who has same autistic traits as its dad, and this child told me that looking into my eyes is easy and always was as this child think my eyes are "kind". I was so flattered by this, I have lived on it since, LOL!

I have noticed with someone who is struggling with mental illness and has autism that this someone would tell me that my eyes were "so soft". This someone too having a struggle looking into people's eyes.

My husband who is autistic would say when he saw me he fell for my eyes, and my mouth, and he thought I was pretty. I have noticed there is a kind of fog between him and other people when he is looking at them, and I can see it in some photographs but he is looking at me, have no problem with it, but it is not quite the same as I can see it is with some other people when they look you in the eye. He found it easy to remember me, my face, as he can read off my feelings (I'm highly sensitive), while he has more difficulty and thinking many people look just the same, he's confusing them, but practicing to look at other things to tell them apart, and he has more difficult reading off their emotions if they are not as highly sensitive as I am.

For years I have felt some women's energies being interested in him, him being of their psychical taste and them selves thinking they are all that. I had a somewhat similar experience way back when I was dating a very handsome, intellectual man. I could tell these women wondered to themselves why someone like me was with someone like that. I had my own style and would wear at most some mascara. I was never one to dominate a room, and still today I can tell lots of females are more assertive and take up space and like attention, and I like them, it is not t hat, it is that I have not been like that, so I could tell with these women it has been a surprise or even an aggravation why someone looking like the one I back in the day use to date, or like my husband, would be by my side. I remember their eyes (these females), and it did not give me a good feeling. It was like this already back in school, at the discos, where I did not like how their looks, eyes, went. lost count on how many times their hair was thrown around and ended up in my face standing in a line or out on the disco floor. One time I remember it especially as one of those types was at the same work station I was at, and as I introduced myself with someone else present to show me around, the way this female looked at me and could hardly say hello was quite something, and the eyes were quite something. I was to be later told that some thought I was a "natural beauty" who did not need "any paint", and that it was this that could be seen as intimidating, even if I did not get what the heck was going on, having before then most my life been seen as a tomboy, apparently. Still those eyes, the looks, I remember well, why they had it in for me like that, not a good feeling.

When I was younger I remember I was at my father's grandparent's residence and there were lots of old photos, framed there, and I took out the ones I thought had something up with their eyes. My dad would tell me the one I picked out were ones with psychic abilities(!). I can still remember their eyes in the photographs.

I have thought it always to be very difficult to look a particular someone in the eyes, this is someone I believe is narcissistic. It is as if I can see the damage. It has surprised me lots of other people do not seem to react. I once asked carefully someone else as I could not phantom that someone getting pass, getting through the system without being detected, that I was right, already at childhood there was sadism involved etc. I still do not want to see a photo even of this person because the eyes are just so damaged, this while some others can think this person is so charming, not aware of the manipulation and the other sides of that someone. The energies around this someone I could too tell right away, I can't put words to it.
Old 31-10-2022, 02:34 PM
Master
They say the eyes are the window to the soul..

But unfortunately I understand you but all I see is a pain body on a collision course with death…

Everything (parts of the body) just aggravates the situation more lol

But I can see how someone can be beautiful or have natural beauty..

I think through reincarnation I’m progressing further in beauty.. but I’m progressive or aggressive in being black.. there’s a pull to being dark skinned.. I find most black men are beautiful but not many white men are: or they will have feminine lips.. I on the other hand have a straight top lip.. I’m to sensitive.. but reincarnation made me into a man..

I couldn’t see the beauty in living and dying.. I just saw death and decay..

Zombies of sort- I heckled the body but I could see my body radiate beauty in my reflection or mirror- and I come to think of it as a total different energy than the base of good looks beauty is radiant… death could be radiant but beauty wins in the end nothing can be destroyed only transformation could occur death can’t transform only beauty can..

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 31-10-2022, 03:04 PM
asearcher

Yes, I read that you have this trouble with the reincarnation. I think we are meant to look different and what is seen as beautiful or not is in the eyes of the beholder but then there are these "forms" that one sometimes is faced with. I think what has gotten under my skin is when other people think they can decide, for me as well, as if they speak for everyone what is beautiful or not, or that they think they should be treated better than anyone else, when they try to have that sort of attitude.

I thought the school years was just this looong pathetic bad joke with "branding" people and putting them into different categories. I was bored out of my mind, and did not want to play, be part of that. I somehow thought it would go away as I got older. But every now and then I was to meet one of those who desperately seemed to have a stuck up I'm all that, look at me, don't look at you - of an attitude.

Now thankfully I find that there are more fashion styles and looks that are spinning around and I think that's great, people should look the way they want to and everyone should feel just fine being themselves. I find that far more interesting, and attractive, just how much can be in a person, the complicity, and the simplicity, all swirling around.

I think though with the very handsome/intellectual guy I dated before- he had interesting eyes, actually, I liked them - that what we clicked, the things we had in common it wasn't so much the physical, not in that sense, not saying it didn't matter, but still..... I think why I insisted on not seeing him more was because that glott in his eyes, him being so aware of the other women, the attention. But even if I think he liked that on one hand, I think nobody truly wants to be objectified.

I think the same way with my husband, his physical appearance was the one thing his narcissistic parent could brag about, see as superior status, but I could tell by some of the things he said that he had felt objectified, and that was a turn off for him, that it did not feel personal. But bottom line I t hink one wants to be loved body and soul, putting it all together. But the way the eyes are, and how they look at you, expose a great deal about what kind of person the one looking is, perhaps more so than what one self is about.

My husband is still much more aware, care more, for how he looks if lets say we are going to go shopping. I could not care, to be fair. He won't leave the home "dressed down"/relaxed clothes, and he can comment what else is not done that he has to do before he steps out. I simply do not care. But he has been raised that it has to be "just so". Another thing he is about is that he says he always think I am so clean (LOL, what a compliment) while he think he is not after a while. I think to him - him thinking I am so darn clean or what ever - is this bonus points, as if that is beauty,to him, you know? What we see as attractive or not can be on such an individual level. I would never have thought. I take care of my business just as much as everyone else I guess. I don't know what would be so particularly clean about me. I can joke with him these days as before he would only I think give me a compliment very early on when we were dating and then none of that. These days I can suddenly grab his arm and ask "My God? Was that a compliment you just gave me? Are you alright? Did it hurt?".

I honestly think lots of businesses sort of give you the message you are not good enough the way you are if you don't have this or that and we are being bombarded with it. I don't mind businesses or what they sell, but I am against such messages. With my husband having this idea he has to look like this or that when leaving the home and me not giving a dam about it is because I suppose I know everyone else is busy with their lives and their cellphones and I don't judge nobody on how they are dressed down or dressed up, it's their business (as long as they don't throw their hair around right in my face we're good, ha ha).

I have always thought that statistically the way I look or anyone else look that it has to be someone else's taste, that someone will think it's beautiful. That even things on me that I do not appreciate, think are all that, someone else - statistically - should. Now who am i to say if that is right or wrong? I think perhaps that is why I have been more calm about it. I have been the same way when people think there is only one Mrs or Mr Right. Statistically, with all the worlds' population, there ought to be more than one, LOL. I think everyone is gonna win as themselves, and loose as themselves and we're all in the same boat, whether we realize it or not, so better to then just sit relaxed in the boat and not have it tip over on us. But the eyes - yes like you say, the soul is there.

Last edited by asearcher : 31-10-2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old 31-10-2022, 04:12 PM
dreamt

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I wonder if anyone here is sensitive to the eyes of other people?

I know a child, who has same autistic traits as its dad, and this child told me that looking into my eyes is easy and always was as this child think my eyes are "kind".
Quote:
I have thought it always to be very difficult to look a particular someone in the eyes, this is someone I believe is narcissistic.
I would describe a narc's eye contact to be looking at you like they own you. Some of them
really just stare in a way that can only be described as rude - no self awareness.

There are different ways of staring or intense eye contact. I can usually tell when it's genuine interest
vs trying to belittle or intimidate someone, or when it's just gazing absent-mindedly, or innocently like a child
who is just being open and curious.

I would say I am sensitive to eye contact. I don't always make direct or prolonged eye contact.

Especially if I am thinking about something or working something out, I have to look away
rather than keep looking directly. (I think I just look to the side now, whereas when younger I probably looked at the
ground or something - not good body language, especially if something like a job interview).

It is interesting reading some of what you said, because I remember telling my ex-bf (of several years ago)
that I felt most comfortable making direct eye contact with him. He had kind brown eyes that were easy to connect to.

I remember looking up about eye contact a while ago and cultural differences. It seems it's mainly a
western thing to make direct eye contact all the time. In parts of the east, they consider it a sign of
disrespect (unless people are on the same level). Somehow, this can resonate with me. There is something
about the eyes that are powerful. I think it is not ok in general to stare for no good reason, because people feel it.
Old 31-10-2022, 04:22 PM
dreamt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
I couldn’t see the beauty in living and dying.. I just saw death and decay..

Zombies of sort- I heckled the body but I could see my body radiate beauty in my reflection or mirror- and I come to think of it as a total different energy than the base of good looks beauty is radiant…
I sometimes wonder what the world be like if there were no mirrors.

I imagine it, say 100 years ago, when a mirror in a home might have been a luxury.
Old 31-10-2022, 10:04 PM
Ascender

I remember, even to this day, when I met up with the boy that I have told you about that I was told we have shared many lives together as mates of somes sort. I met him in the high school library. I looked into his deep blue eyes and felt I could drown in them, lose myself as it were. I've not really had that experience with anyone else. Not even my spouse of 27 years.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:02 AM
asearcher

Thank you both very much for sharing all this special information, experiences, enjoyed reading and can resonate :) Glad then I am not the only one noticing that "cut" in narcissists eyes, have felt very lonely before about that issue, good to know I am not alone no more.

How special it must have felt with such eyes and then the knowing you've spent all those past lives before together, so much history.

I feel a bit sorry for the child as it is again and again told off to make more eye contact when it do not feel comfortable doing so with everyone or at the times it is required, but the dad has been given some tips and tricks to get around it so hopefully that will work. Had this child not been living in the west wouldn't have this type of problem.

Last edited by asearcher : 03-11-2022 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:46 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher

How special it must have felt with such eyes and then the knowing you've spent all those past lives before together, so much history.

It was quite inexplicable to me as a 16 year old teenager. I just knew he was cute and I was drawn to him! lol. And those eyes! I've always have had a fondness for blue eyes! :sigh: