Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-01-2024, 08:21 PM
Seeker

Paramahansa Yogananda

Paramahansa Yogananda is God/Christ/Buddha. He is my favorite Guru. He established America in higher consciousness. America would be in a lower mode of being if he did not come here from India. He sparked many major inventions here. The 286 computer would of come out today instead of 30 years ago if he did not come here. He was very interested in inventions back then. For example the camera. And film. His main teaching area was at the Lake Shrine in the Pacific Palisades.

If you go there now you can go to a very high state of consciousness. The house boat is still there where he lived by the lake. There is a meditation room where you can meditate. I recommend going there. It is fun. They do Sunday services. Someone does a talk and it is very enlightening. The whole India lineage of Gurus I like like very much. There is Babaji. Then Lahiri Mahasaya. Then Sri Yukteswar. Then Paramahansa Yogananda. So again Par is God!(Mod edit:OP's opinion)
Hard to believe huh? He had a lot of adversity back then. There were articles written about him that he was a bad person. He was very misunderstood. Some Gurus these days in America are also misunderstood. Americans often don’t understand the whole Guru thing.

There are videos of Paramahansa Yogananda on youtube that you may want to watch. And there are special audio teachings on youtube that you can listen to. He wrote a book called Autobiography of a Yogi. Probably the most widely read spiritual book ever read. I recommend it highly. By reading it you get established in higher consciousness. A high India feeling you can feel. Parahamansas Guru was Sri Yukteswar. There is a video on youtube of him at his teaching center in India being filmed with Paramahansa Yogananda as they were eating.

Now Sri Yukteswar is a special angel of Paramahansa Yogananda. He protects him. Out there he was in charge of Paramahansa Yogananda making it to the modern day. He got him laughing out there. If he did not help him Paramahansa Yogananda/God/Christ/Buddha would not have made it here. The reason he exists is to make it here. To the world party. He would make him laugh.

One main thing he did. He would have slept out there and not have made it if Sri Yukteswar did not help him make it here. Sri Yukteswar is an extension of PY’s angels. Immaculate beings that made him to help PY make to the modern day. They made him. They have the power to make a being. To create consciousness. Sri Yukteswar would often get Paramahansa out of bad things. The Self Realization Fellowship is to me the top lineage of Gurus. There is no higher lineage. God and his angel. Yogananda made it to the modern day! He is here now playing and having a good time.

Again read the book called the Autobiography of a Yogi. Again check out the Lake Shrine in the Pacific Palisades right of PCH and Sunset. Every Sunday there is a special service in the morning. Very high mode you can go to.

Namaste
Old 14-01-2024, 04:51 PM
Master

Godhood

Godhood is an extremely tall order and usually a forum like this may not be of help. It is felt by millions of people instinctively and declared mostly after the life journey on this planet has come to an end . And there is very long period to recognize someone as God. You may refer someone as an enlightened being on safer side to avoid being brandished as fraud or looked with suspicion.
Old 14-01-2024, 05:00 PM
Master

OR Still better describe the spiritual experiences / learnings / visions/Gnosticism you discovered in your association with the spiritual being .

This is just my take and NOT to offend /hurt your feelings. I too have read many good things
about Paramahansa Yoganands on this forum and I hold him in high esteem.
Old 14-01-2024, 05:23 PM
For newbies - be careful stating things as fact on the Forum...simply say things like, ''Imo, or from my perspective or I believe that..."
Also, I had to make some paragraphs, instead of a 'block of words' hard to read.
I love your love of PY...and the rest of the 'group'. :)

Angels were created as a special 'group' like cherubim or Archangels that have not been humans, so my understanding is
Sri Yukteswar is not an angel. He is so much...but not in the class of Angels.
I consider both to be saints, teachers. gurus, high souls --but not God or angels.
I don't believe I am alone in this thinking.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2024, 09:44 PM
Seeker

Hi Miss Hepburn

Hi Miss Hepburn!

Your right. I will state things like imo from now on. I understand the aversion to stating things as fact.
Also thanks for the paragraphs. I am sometimes a little sloppy. :). I'm glad you love PY too.

Namaste
Old 27-01-2024, 12:37 AM
Ascender
There are 2 "autobiography of a yogi", one which is actually written by Yogananda ji and the other which is edited by the organization he started in America, i guess edited after his death, making it look like he said thing(s) which he didn't. A difference i remember that he originally wrote that kriya yoga must be learned from an authentic kriya yoga master which the organization changed to Yogananda saying that kriya yoga must be learned from that organization. Copy of the original book:
https://www.crystalclarity.com/en-in...ansa-yogananda
Same thing done by ISKCON to Prabhupada's Gita, making some changes as if Prabhupada wrote those. ( https://bookchanges.com/ *mod deleted*
Old 06-02-2024, 07:20 PM
I think I've read all the books by those that were with him in the early days.
Boy, nothing like devotees in his Ashram,
where HE lived. too, to get a fuller picture!!

So Donald* (Walters), like all of them were told never hitchhike (common in the day. Gosh, it was even common in MY day -
but this was carefree California.) So, young Donald wants to go north to LA form something, a concert? So he hitchhikes.
Gets into a car with 2 guys that are up to no good.They turn down a road to a farmhouse...all three get out - as Donald was told to do,

They knocked and knocked on the farmhouse door. No one answered.
Quickly - Donald was able to leave these two.

When he got back to Encenitas, the Master called for him.
He says - Do you know what it took for me to get that old couple in the farmhouse to not answer that door?
And he said other scolding things.
Donald writes about how he learned that Master could expand his consciousness, to a God-like consciousness.

*Later, Kryananda

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-02-2024, 09:59 PM
Master
EXCERPT QUOTE 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajradhara
Paramahansa Yogananda is ... my favorite Guru.

Again read the book called the Autobiography of a Yogi.
Yogananda's book "Autobiography of a Yogi" is an inspirational classic and I too would highly recommend it. I read it many years ago and have purchased it as a gift for a number of my friends.

I would also highly recommend "The Holy Science", a book written by Yogananda's guru, Sri Yukteswar. The stated object of that book is to point out the harmony underlying the various religions, and to help in binding them together. The book contains numerous scriptural quotes from Christianity and my Christian friends have appreciated the fresh respectful perspective relevant to their own scriptures in this context. I have just finished re-reading this masterful book.

As a side note, the chapter in Yogananda's book about Yukteswar's resurrection is an inspirational must-read.
Old 07-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Master
Chapter 43

@ Still_Waters ~
Quote:
As a side note, the chapter in Yogananda's book about Yukteswar's resurrection is an inspirational must-read
Definitely a must-read, yes.
Old 15-03-2024, 12:19 AM
https://www.crystalclarity.com/pages...-sri-yukteswar
Sometimes I think Chapter 43 is my favorite chapter in "The Autobiography of a Yogi''.