Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-05-2012, 01:30 AM
eberuoba

Book1 Tell The Whole World Now Christianity Is Not A Religion!!!

Quote me wrong if you can...
Can someone tell me the Religion of Jesus Christ himself when he came to this world... Everyone know that Christianity was all about the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ON EARTH.
Old 23-05-2012, 01:55 AM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

Religions on Earth are but a path to the living creator. The pace it is set.
Old 23-05-2012, 02:55 AM
Sybilline

I think he was Jewish. Doesn't matter, does it?
Old 23-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eberuoba
Quote me wrong if you can...
Can someone tell me the Religion of Jesus Christ himself when he came to this world... Everyone know that Christianity was all about the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN ON EARTH.
He was Jewish.
Old 23-05-2012, 05:14 AM
ciel_perdu

I agree that Christianity as Jesus taught it was not, and is not, a religion. Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of Heaven. A spiritual Kingdom that rules in the hearts of those who follow Christ.

Many people today constantly confuse the two. When one hears of Jesus or his teachings, they think ''ah, just more religion''. But really, they couldn't be further from the truth.

It is however convenient to see Jesus' teachings as just more religion in a ocean of religiosity, because then people can just operate on a 'my opinion vs. your opinion'' level.

There really is truth out there, real truth that we all can follow. It's not a religion, it's a spiritual Kingdom, that we have a responsibility to find and submit ourselves to.
Old 23-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Master
well, if Christianity isn't a religion then no Christian church should be getting tax exemption.
Old 23-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu

There really is truth out there, real truth that we all can follow. It's not a religion, it's a spiritual Kingdom, that we have a responsibility to find and submit ourselves to.
I see what you're getting at, but I've never cared for such ambiguous distinctions. It's mostly a safety valve so one can say "woah! That's NOT spiritual, that's religious" as a way to separate perceived distasteful aspects of religious behavior and interpretation. With the removal of modern biases against the word religion, it becomes clear that Jesus was (albeit heretical for his time) religious.
Old 23-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Pathfinder

What would be the point of telling this to the world?
People believe what they want to believe.
Others don't believe, but use it, because it's convenient for them.

Or simply said, it just won't make a difference.
Old 23-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Master

I don't think that there is such a thing as a religion that doesn't believe it's the truth and isn't a religion like all the rest. I imagine that's one of the earliest ego-boosters in human history. Who doesn't want to believe they're special and have found the truth? Isn't that the whole point of religion anyway?
Old 23-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
well, if Christianity isn't a religion then no Christian church should be getting tax exemption.

IQ - Yes, that is something that I don't agree with. I live out in the country and a church bought 20 acres and plopped a church in the middle of the 20 acres in a pristine nature setting next to our property. We pay a lot of taxes to live where we do, but they are tax exempt for 20 acres! Deer, hawks, red-wing black birds loved the field boarding the church that had brush and small trees on it, until last week they brought in heavy equipment and bulldozed over all of it until it was flat. There is a line of trees between our property that is close to the property line that animals line in. I called up the church and said, "I live next to your property and was just inquiring as to why you're mowing over all the small trees and brush near the property line." She said (quote) "It's our property and we're cleaning up along OUR property." I said, "Well there are a lot of animals that live in those small trees and brush along there that will be effected." She repeated herself. "It's our property." I said, "So there is no explanation - thank you." I enjoy more animals in my yard now, but it's sad that they moved into a country setting and didn't have respect for the natural surroundings including God's animals. OK, thanks for letting me rant.

Blackraven