Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 03-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'm 75% through that book, and this quote fits my impression:

"There are so many who take the dawn for the noon, a momentary experience for full realization and destroy even the little they gain by excess of pride. Humility and silence are essential for a sadhaka [seeker], however advanced. Only a fully ripened jnani can allow himself complete spontaneity."

"It is very often so with Americans and Europeans. After a stretch of sadhana, they become charged with energy and frantically seek an outlet. They organize communities, become teachers of Yoga, marry, write books - anything except keeping quiet and turning their energies within, to find the source of the inexhaustible power and learn the art of keeping it under control."

– Nisargadatta Maharaj

Nisargadatta Maharaj is one of my favorites and one of my friends was actually blessed to sit in his presence in India.

It indeed interesting how some people can mistake a "momentary experience for full realization and destroy even the little they gain by excess of pride."

Really nice post!
Old 06-01-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I'm 75% through that book, and this quote fits my impression:

That's definitively a good quote!
Nevertheless that quote partially concerns this book for my point of view.
The fact that author wanted to remain anonymous is a sign of just sharing and altruism, and not egocentrism. I see those personal references in the book just as narrative contest.
I try to make myself clearer.
I understand that the need to show off is intrinsic within any being (animals included) and it feeds the egos. Feeding egos goes against a spiritual path; the author is not the first one to tell that, it's known since 1000s years. BTW, I loved the part of the book about egos.
Therefore I agree 100% with that quote about such books like "my journey", "what I have reached", "who I am", and so on.
But how do we share knowledge without any book? how could science be passed by without any book? How could we all have learned about spiritually without any book?
Definitively that Anandayana Project book links different concepts between them (I am still digesting those concepts new to me), therefore a book is required to pass new ideas to other people. I think this book fits more in this kind of books, thus that quote doesn't apply in here.
The purpose of suggesting a community is quite clear to me, as entheogen substances are illegal in most of the countries.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy75
That's definitively a good quote!
Nevertheless that quote partially concerns this book for my point of view.
The fact that author wanted to remain anonymous is a sign of just sharing and altruism, and not egocentrism. I see those personal references in the book just as narrative contest.
I try to make myself clearer.
I understand that the need to show off is intrinsic within any being (animals included) and it feeds the egos. Feeding egos goes against a spiritual path; the author is not the first one to tell that, it's known since 1000s years. BTW, I loved the part of the book about egos.
Therefore I agree 100% with that quote about such books like "my journey", "what I have reached", "who I am", and so on.
But how do we share knowledge without any book? how could science be passed by without any book? How could we all have learned about spiritually without any book?
Definitively that Anandayana Project book links different concepts between them (I am still digesting those concepts new to me), therefore a book is required to pass new ideas to other people. I think this book fits more in this kind of books, thus that quote doesn't apply in here.
The purpose of suggesting a community is quite clear to me, as entheogen substances are illegal in most of the countries.

I finished the book. I appreciate that you wanted to share it.

I think that the book, although probably written with good intentions, doesn't bring anything of value. In my opinion it is full of misunderstood concepts, and strongly biased toward the author's beliefs.

Also, I am against chemical trances.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-01-2021, 09:39 AM

Everybody chooses only spiritual path.
In general I respect all opinions, but I'd like to share my experiences.
I was against any form of drug till 31 years old. I had never smoked even a joint till that age and I graduated at Uni (in Italy if you studied at Uni, you must have smoked weed). Therefore you can guess my mind about hallucinogens substances.
My first chemical trance experience was ayahuasca in 2007 and it changed my life for good.
Of course that experience changed my mind also chemical induced trances too.
Now my point of view is more or less aligned to the one suggested by this book.
BTW, I do not recommend to try any hallucinogen substance to anybody unless very peculiar situations and conditions
Old 07-01-2021, 09:39 AM

I was against any form of drug till 31 years old. I had never smoked even a joint till that age and I graduated at Uni (in Italy if you studied at Uni, you must have smoked weed). Therefore you can guess my mind about hallucinogens substances.
My first chemical trance experience was ayahuasca in 2007 and it changed my life for good.
BTW, I do not recommend to try any hallucinogen substance to anybody unless very peculiar situations and conditions
Old 07-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy75

While I personally have never used ayahuasca or any other hallucinogenic substance and don't recommend such use, I have a friend who indicated that his hallucinogenic drug experience opened his eyes ..... after which he NEVER took another hallucinogenic drug since he realized that there are other ways (such as meditation) to discovering Truth and he did not want to be substance-dependent.

Therefore, while I see some potential value in using substances in certain situations for certain individuals, my overall impression is that the dangers of substance-use far outweigh the benefits for MOST people though there are obviously exceptions to every rule. You may very well be one of the exceptions.