Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 19-11-2012, 07:56 AM
WillowMyst

Color Anyone listen to Trance, Psytrance, Goa?

It's pretty hard to find people who know of Psychill and Goa trance, but I figure there's plenty of awesome people here that at least someone would be able to relate with me!
And if not, give your ears a listen! Its just so hard to only pick a few of favorites out of so many great songs artists out there.
Since I'm a new user I can't post links, but check these out in highest quality available on youtube.

Androcell is one of my current favorites, they make some EXCELLENT Chillout.

Astral Projection is probably the most well-known artist of goa trance.

Imperial Project is pretty intense and epic stuff.

S.U.N. Project and The Misted Puppet has some interesting stuff too.

Anyone else have suggestions?
Old 19-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Ascender
Smile

I dace around listing to Atmos - Klein aber Doctor

Try it.. its fun :O)

Love and peace from me to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOJsjyq_GsE

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 19-11-2012, 05:25 PM
WillowMyst

Atmos sounds more like a dark psy feel to me. Its not quite my style of what I usually listen to, but good to know nonetheless! Funny though, a lot of people on youtube do list it as goa...
Old 22-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Seeker

I listen to Psy, Goa, Prog Psy...
To be honest, for a very long time now, its all I have been listening to. Used to be avid Bob Marley and red hot chilli peppers fan, but only listen to that...well...cant even remember when last!

So stoked to see more and more people sharing the love of Psy

I am from Cape Town (South Africa), and attend out door Psy trance festivals regularly (in the Summer)
Do any of you attend festivals?
They are absolutely magickal

Will also post links as soon as I can. Also a new user :)

Love and Light
Old 22-11-2012, 10:27 PM
WillowMyst

Wow South Africa, awesome! Honestly I've only started to be interested in psy in the last couple of years, and there aren't many places close where I am at that regularly have psytrance events going on. I'm closest to Chicago but honestly there isn't much demand for it at all there.
The most luck I've had in finding some psy/goa dj's are at comic and anime conventions. And I've made a good acquaintance with one of them.

Others and I have also posted some nice ambient/electronic on the "Everything Electronica" thread.

But, I'm hoping to lead this thread into being more towards goa and more upbeat stuff ;) Goa needs more love.
Old 24-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Seeker

yes, we are so blessed to have so many outdoors in Cape Town, every weekend during summer :)

Anime conventions! Now that is something we do not have in S.A and certainly need!!
Sometimes I find the line between Goa and Psy to be very thin, as Goa it self can get very dark (which I do not mind, as long as it is not too busy), but Goa is what started me on my psychedelic journey, so am very looking forward to following this journey you are beginning :)

So stoked to be able to talk trance with fellow trancers!!
Old 28-11-2012, 06:32 PM
WillowMyst

I'm feelin oldschool today.

Pleiadians - Electra

Shakta & Moonweed - Micronesia

Prana - Message to Eastedge (and Doof Remix)

I'd like to see some more song suggestions guys, give me something I haven't heard before! :)
Old 28-11-2012, 09:43 PM
DeepForest

Here are the genres i prefer.. internet radio streams, very good quality. usually good selection of tracks in all channels too.

http://psychedelik.com/

Old 29-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Master
I'm a fan of Vibrasphere, and I love Faithless's trancey tracks. Not my preferred type of electronic music though tbh.
Vibrasphere - 'Sweet September'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXyM4IpVHWI

Ferry Corsten - 'Madagascar' remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuH_nYKXqHM

Andy Duguid - 'Hypocrisy'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SuGmplFTYI

Sorry my trance tastes are probably pretty mainstream, i don't know enough about it really.
Old 29-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Nightshade

Oh yes, I listen to A LOT of electronic music.
My favorite genres are: Ambient, Psychedelic Trance (any sub-genre, but Goa trance and Suomisaundi are my personal favorites), Psybient/Psychill (some ppl like to call it "Goa Ambient"), Downtempo, Drum and Bass (especially Liquid Drum and Bass). I'm actually somewhat of an electronic music geek - I know a lot about the history of EDM and it's genre diversity, just in case you want recommendations ;)

Here are some beautiful music videos for you - all of them are Downtempo or Psybient:
watch?v=-OpZLjDr1gM
watch?v=Ee2wHDIhKkM
watch?v=egoSbcoBhbU
watch?v=ZFxLF-z3LY0
watch?v=Wo5Vnh0i6yg
watch?v=97UfLt1yc2E
...all youtube videos

Another psychedelic music video:
watch?v=NhheiPTdZCw (It's instrumental hip hop though - but don't judge it: Blockhead is a very unique and avant-garde artist)