Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-08-2022, 02:57 AM
Knower
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...3&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
There may indeed APPEAR to be contradictions when the Reality is perceived from different perspectives.
So which body does one need to perceive from to avoid these "differing perspectives?" The "causal" one or a non-causal one? I define a body, any body, as the definition of the divide between self and other.

Quote:
Consider how different a dream may APPEAR from the perspective of one who is entangled in the dream and from the perspective of a lucid dreamer who sees the dream completely differently (and apparently in a contradictory way).
Within the context of your dream example, both are "entangled" in avidya or duality. In what way does this absolve of "different perspectives?"
Old 25-08-2022, 04:33 AM
Bambo

Yup I suppose thats true!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
The Afterlife is different for everybody, depending on one's beliefs.Just as everybody's dreams are different.
Old 25-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagner
So which body does one need to perceive from to avoid these "differing perspectives?" The "causal" one or a non-causal one? Within the context of your dream example, both are "entangled" in avidya or duality; in what way does this absolve of "different perspectives?"
You have raised two very good questions in your post.

Regarding the various "bodies", they are obviously metaphorical descriptions of a process that is virtually impossible to express in words. However, having had an NDE (near death experience) many many years ago, I can relate well to what has been written. During my NDE, I could see my physical body from afar as well as a vast panorama of activity both inside and outside the hospital, including some very verifiable sightings. At that point, I understood with complete certainty that I was not the physical body and that the non-physical essence does indeed survive physical death. (Other NDErs have reported similar experiences. This is not uncommon.) This non-physical-essence is often referred to metaphorically as including astral and causal "bodies". Feel free to call them as you wish. Note that, in Tibet, the word for the physical body is "LU", which means "that which is left behind".

From that perspective, it was intuitively obvious (though nonetheless mind-boggling based on my very limiting Roman Catholic background at that point in time) that everything was interconnected in a strange and mysterious way and that there was actually no separation ultimately between me and "others" as you put it. While your definition of the body is probably the most common definition among the masses, there is a lot more to be discovered about our true nature. As you can imagine, that NDE turned me eastward into meditation and directly re-experiencing what I had only stumbled onto during my NDE.

I also met many extraordinary beings who operate from the "causal body" as Sri Yukteswar calls it and such beings materialize whatever they wish exactly as Yukteswar mentioned to Yogananda in the article. Such beings can actually manifest what appears to be a physical body wherever they wish and I saw this personally in India at the foothills of the Himalayas. In addition, as I mentioned in a previous post, one of my skeptical though intense meditation buddies questioned this "causal body" ... until ... he started connecting with it and realized that whatever he thought about or prayed about suddenly started to materialize. That is just the beginning.

As for your point about the dream reference, there are unquestioningly some who are definitely NOT entangled in avidya (ignorance) in the dream. A conscious sleep practitioner (and a lucid dreamer to at least some degree) are fully aware of the dream process and can easily switch between the dreamer and the dream-objects. Such a person views the dream-experience literally as a "play of consciousness" and enjoys the creative aspect of it just as a playwright or a theater-goer would enjoy a masterfully written play.

To carry this one step further, the Tibetan Yogi Milarepa has pointed out (as have others) that, once one becomes an unentangled master of one's dreams, one can proceed to the next level (the so-called waking state) and do the same thing.

It's easy to talk about such things but my teachers always pointed one to the direct experiences so that one really KNOWS and is not just regurgitating the words of others. I've traveled to almost 50 countries but this "inner journey" is far more absorbing and prepares one well for the Life that continues after the physical body is left behind.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-08-2022 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 25-08-2022, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambo
Yup I suppose thats true!!
I noticed that you quoted Hazada Guess ("The Afterlife is different for everybody, depending on one's beliefs.Just as everybody's dreams are different.")

Of course this is true, as I mentioned in a previous post, and it's because our beliefs will obscure the clear vision and trigger the so-called "causal body" to project an "afterlife" consistent with one's beliefs.

But ...

That projected "afterlife" shall inevitably pass away, however, after which one can start all over again to investigate the true nature of the Reality and not simply project one's beliefs into an afterlife as in a temporary self-fulfilling prophecy.

Concepts and beliefs obscure the clear vision but, if they make you happy, then proceed as you think best for yourself personally.

Spiritual Knowledge.jpg
Old 25-08-2022, 03:53 PM
Guide

But does it pass away? How can you be sure? Our dreamlike state may continue.

Also could you explain to me (no disrespect meant) how we are all connected, how does all that work?

My understanding is that we are all separate unit's in a sea of consciousness.
Old 25-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
...Also could you explain to me (no disrespect meant) how we are all connected, how does all that work?
My understanding is that we are all separate unit's in a sea of consciousness.
Wow, there are so many ways to explain this...this will be interesting! Can't wait!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-08-2022, 08:37 PM
Administrator
@Hazada guess the word we are all connected means that we are all spirit we all come from spirit, and we all go back to spirit.
so we are One.
There is no difference we all live and we all die.
Hope this helps

Namaste
Old 25-08-2022, 09:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
You have raised two very good questions in your post.

Regarding the various "bodies", they are obviously metaphorical descriptions of a process that is virtually impossible to express in words. However, having had an NDE (near death experience) many many years ago, I can relate well to what has been written. During my NDE, I could see my physical body from afar as well as a vast panorama of activity both inside and outside the hospital, including some very verifiable sightings.\
It seems that your entire response to me is focused on condescension towards your strawman argument against me that I've never had "direct experiences" and am essentially an armchair poser mystic; an argument which you've peppered (DOUSED), of course, with anecdotes of your own. Is that correct? I wouldn't want to be "REGURGITATING" Sri Yukteswar's words...
Old 25-08-2022, 10:01 PM
The Admin has asked to only quote 2-3 sentences when quoting others here...You can always ref the Post #. Thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-08-2022, 10:22 PM
Knower
Thank you for telling me, Miss Hepburn. I apologize.