Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-02-2024, 05:34 AM
Master

That's true John in a sense. We can all describe what "Hell" is meant to be like from all the stories we are told, even though it does not exist ( in my opinion) , and we can all describe what we THINK heaven is like from teachings and pictures and how our own imagination works .
This in effect is why I asked the question , because even though I firmly believe in heaven I cannot recall ever been there prior to birth/s.

It's interesting to read and hear all about the various experiences.
Old 18-02-2024, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
That really is a lovely image. Please don't say sorry, and I'm not actually looking for anything , was just curious as to whether anyone could actually remember being there.
I have no doubt in my mind that heaven does exist .

Imo, heaven doesn't exist, what does exist imo is what we see around us, the physical world but the rest imo is imagination.

Just my opinion that's all

utopiandreamchild
Old 18-02-2024, 06:16 AM
Master

P.s and I think what I wrote above is probably what Boyce was getting at .
( Sorry admin, for some reason I've not been able to edit posts anymore as when I press 'edit' I can't scroll down my text )
Old 22-02-2024, 05:09 AM
Master
Quote:
We can all describe what "Hell" is meant to be like from all the stories we are told, even though it does not exist ( in my opinion) , and we can all describe what we THINK heaven is like from teachings and pictures and how our own imagination works .
This in effect is why I asked the question , because even though I firmly believe in heaven I cannot recall ever been there prior to birth/s.

Angel:

If you look at some of newer Bibles, especially the ones based on older manuscripts: the word HELL either does not appear or is not used very much.

It appears HELL came about through the act of mistranslating.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-02-2024, 06:27 AM
Experiencer
heaven and hell reside on earth
you choose how you see your reality
judgment is a human thing
you can be in heaven every day all have to choose it
Old 22-02-2024, 06:56 AM
Master

John... I'm not really up on the various bibles although I did attempt to read it once !

Vortex..
I certainly agree that I believe 'Hell' only resides on earth.
If that is not the case I would dread to think of an even worse one somewhere.
And true, you can create your own 'slice' of heaven , but the things you cannot control like the wars etc surely feel like Hell.
Old 22-02-2024, 07:50 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
And true, you can create your own 'slice' of heaven , but the things you cannot control like the wars etc surely feel like Hell.

i put it to you, you can create heaven in hell its a mind thing
its one of the wonders of being human

as for death no one really knows
with my conversations with spirit its more we are not human no judgment extra and are we individual ??? its more of an energy thing
all i know if i am one with spirit bring it on, i don't fear it but for now i am here so play hard at all you do and live in the experience of being human its a true gift and i really see that now and i think that's the closet thing i have experienced as heaven
Old 22-02-2024, 08:07 AM
Experiencer
ps the ones that walk in heaven in hell stop wars in just the way they be

heaven is where i hang my hat like home and is a place in me, not place to get
Old 22-02-2024, 08:34 AM
Master

Vortex, in one respect it's true about creating heaven in hell.
I'm using WW2 as an example of how the people pulled together and helped each other to the max during those terrible years.
The bombings, blackouts, rations .
They all came together as one big family like never before .
To read about it almost sounds "glamorous" and I've read and researched so much about this time period.

But as we all know there were situations during that time that CAN only be described as hell ( without going into detail ), and no amount of pulling together could ever change that .
To this day , those events could, and never will be , described as heaven.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Knower
I watched some of the NDE videos I found linked in another thread yesterday, and some of the things described resonated a lot.

Like describing it as coming / being HOME, which also makes sense to me, because at particularly difficult times in my life I have been known to say "can I go home now" without actually knowing what it means (because, physically, I was in my home).

I guess what I am trying to say is that we ALL have some buried, subconscious memories, and we are all homesick for this "place", longing for it, trying to create a simile here, yet never really achieving it (because of course, we are here in an imperfect physical manifestation that will challenge us with new things to learn all the time...)
Always do your best.
- Don Miguel Ruiz - The Four Agreements.