Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 04-11-2023, 07:42 AM
Master

Hi Native, it's lovely isn't it to see these communal gardens where people of all ages can become involved. We definatly DO need more projects like this especially for communities that might live in an area with high rise flats etc .
Crucial for mental well being , a sense of purpose, and meeting like minded people . Also a great sense of achievement seeing all your efforts turn into a thing of beauty.
And as I always say, the wildlife it encourages too is so important and calming . Birds, butterflies , squirrels and a number of other things .
Old 04-11-2023, 07:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
Hi AngelBlue, do you live in Hull?

Bit off topic, sorry, but it's somewhere I've been fascinated with for a few years and am seriously considering moving there. I read the Hull Daily Mail most days, but am often put off by how much violent crime is reported. Is it as bad as reported? It's never felt that way when I've visited, but then I tend to go for the old town, which is very handsome and chilled.
Hi Bluto.
I don't exactly live in Hull. I live within a certain radius of it.
I was born and raised in Leeds but always had my father's side of family in hull so I knew it well . It was part of my life.
So recently I moved over to east Yorkshire and one of my kids has settled in Hull and is raising a family there.

Hull, for many reasons , is a big part of my life .

As for what you read in the hull daily mail , well, all I can say is that I was a newsagent for several years and sold the Hull daily mail/ East riding mail , and along with all the other daily national publications , you need to take on board "paper talk" .

There is a true saying that everyone needs to adhere to, which is this ....
"Believe nothing of what you hear , and only half of what you see !!! ".....

As for Hull itself I know it inside and out and me personally , I love it.
If you do consider to move here then you can always pm me with any questions about areas etc .

But just so that we dont get in trouble and to keep it on topic , you could say that I am "rooted in Hull " LOL...
Old 04-11-2023, 01:36 PM
Master
Some of my kin come from and still live in Pudsey.We used to visit an aunt there when we were kids,she used to always do a big home made cake,we got spoilt when we visited.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Administrator
I used to write my uncles friends Christmas Cards from him there was 20 of them for Hull and a few more around Yorkshire

Namaste
Old 05-11-2023, 04:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
Some of my kin come from and still live in Pudsey.We used to visit an aunt there when we were kids,she used to always do a big home made cake,we got spoilt when we visited.
Wow , small world Pod. My husband grew up in Pudsey . His parents still live there . ( He was born in Bradford and lived there for a while)...
We all might be a bit more rooted than we thought !!! LOL
Old 05-11-2023, 04:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I used to write my uncles friends Christmas Cards from him there was 20 of them for Hull and a few more around Yorkshire

Namaste
Oh REALLY ! Goodness Native. I wouldn't be surprised if all of us on here were related !! Never mind the roots, we might be growing a family tree before we know it LOL.
That's brilliant .
Old 05-11-2023, 04:50 AM
Master
I used to go to Hull every weekend. That Hull was in Quebec, Canada. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-11-2023, 06:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I used to go to Hull every weekend. That Hull was in Quebec, Canada. LOL!
...'Ere you... Don't try to muscle in on our 'turf'. Go and plant your own raised beds in Quebec LOL.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:42 AM
Master

It really is true , as the hull project states, that things really can grow anywhere. I'm fact it's amazing just where things WILL grow and seemingly nowhere is off limits .
How often do we see weeds that have grown through solid brick walls for example ?
It's marvelous.
I've grown my own tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, strawberries, lettuce and kept fresh herbs with nothing more than my front porch and my kitchen windowsill.
Old 05-11-2023, 06:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yep great to see. We have people growing veggies on the grass verge here outside their property as well. They are springing up everywhere.
Hi Red, so sorry, I wasn't ignoring you , I promise.
Again, I think this is brilliant !!