Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 20-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Self Readings and Family Readings for Yourself

Hello

I had an awkward situation today at work with one of the asst store managers coming to me, asking for a reading. I could feel when she walked in the door something was up she had on her mind. Her Mom does Tarot Cards and so does her Aunt, but they both say they are too close to her to get a clear reading. But still she insists on one from them or asks her pendulum only to get a wrong reply.

We are too close to what we want the answer to be at times and then we get upset when its not the reply we wanted. What is it with not understanding that at times its something your not to maybe know or for others in your family path to share in the reply with you.

I rarely do a self reading for me, as I put my desires into the energy of the reading and that of course effects the outcome.

What experiences have you had where your asked by someone for a reading and your like "grey area here" in doing it. She felt my energy I feel as she did say it was a bit out of place to come to me when I was working then asked on what I would charge. ( I do get asked on my break time by others on break time for readings) and that is a better approach.

Its not easy being a reader as we never know whom we might get asked by for a reading. LOL read for my now "former boss" and his came to pass as he is free from the company.

Lynn
Old 20-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Experiencer
Hi Lynn
I sometimes have they same problem with self readings and family readings, I can feel when my reading is going to be difficult for me or "grey area" and there are times when I know they will be okay, when I feel they will be difficult I usually will not do it, I still have tried anyways at times though :)
Old 21-08-2016, 08:51 AM
Master
Self-readings usually work when you manage to get and remain neutral, like for a year reading, not so much for a reading when the outcome is too important for me. Then I'm not neutral anymore.
I can tend to keep doing it anyways, making me even more confused cos I get various answers all the time. Really frustrating and annoying, but in a way what you can expect and know to expect.

Earlier this year I had to do a reading for someone I didn't know, and had great difficulty with it because her energy was very much like mine. It was incredibly difficult to see what was hers and what was mine. That was the first time a reading wasn't 100% accurate ... I think I put some of my own stuff in there.

Haven't really done many readings for family & friends. How well it goes, depends on how much I sense the outcome will matter to them. If it means a lot to them, I pick up on that 'stress' vibe, which doesn't help to be totally relaxed and an open channel.

I think that is mostly the case when they're physically with me? I mean, I've done a reading a while back for someone I know if / when she was going to get pregnant. I assume the outcome meant a lot to her. But since she wasn't physically with me, I could do the reading without any problem whatsoever. And she was real happy with it. (not tell her when she'd get pregnant of course, but dynamics at play that could block and/or increase chances).
So maybe it's also easier to do when they're not physically with you so you don't pick up on their 'stress' vibe for positive outcome so much? I know I prefer to do readings on my own, over distance. I find it distracting when someone is there.
Old 21-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Master

I had an awkward one once. It was a custody battle over children - my friend was the step mother but had been in the children's lives since very young. She was very hostile about the mother and from what she said, was not putting hte interests of the children at the first. I got a strong sense of a wrong energy from her, wrong is the only word to describe it. It was something out of balance, out of kilter, there was the smack of a lie int he offing.

I did the reading, and justice came up, RW tarot, balance. I said this - that there would be justice and balance as that is what I saw.

I didn't think about how she would interpret it but she saw something completely different and it was about karma for the children's mother, not about balance for herself.

it was awkward as I felt I had to step back at that stage. I had delivered the message and it wasn't interpreted as I had seen it but I left the words to do the job.
Old 31-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Newbie ;)

For some reason i find it easy to read for myself. Ive done readings where i wanted a glimpse into an outcome and it wasnt the outcome i desired but i trusted it and got confirmation within hours. I think i trust myself above anyone else to give me an accurate reading on any situation. Im able to remain objective and accept what the cards are telling me. It isnt always easy though.
Old 31-10-2016, 03:32 PM
55Degrees

@ThePelican

I, like you, read for myself. It's how I started reading tarot, self reading only for many years before ever reading for others.
I rarely find it problematic, in fact I find it easier to see the context of each card, as I am intimate with the situation. I can pull so much from one card when I know the 'full story'.
I enjoy reading for others and would like to think I'm a fairly good reader but my actual (in real life, face to face and professional) reading style is very different to my reading style here.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Master

I started by self-reading and it's still my primary form of practice, although I think my accuracy is better when reading for others (not sure if this is due to being more objective or more patient lol, my self-readings are usually "shotgun style" and happen in 30 seconds or less )

In order to self-read effectively, I have to be reasonably grounded - so I've had to learn to meditate beforehand etc and mostly learned to stop reading for myself when 'emotionally compromised'.

When I get "RUN AWAY, ABORT ABORT" vibes from a querent, I refuse to read for them. It's never turned out well, haha (9/10 times they're super-invested in a particular outcome and it's just a waste of your time. I've even been told my reading must be wrong because another reader had already 'confirmed' the future for them! LOL).
Old 04-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Experiencer
As long as I don't do a self reading when I'm under anxiety, anger, ect. the readings I do for my self are fairly accurate. I find it is best when my mood is good and my spirits are up to be able to read for myself. I have never read for my family. I often offer to my sister but she always declines, lol so oh well. But it is actually easier to read for others, even when I am under stress from my personal life, I think because I can detach and focus when it comes to others