Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-02-2021, 01:00 PM
Deactivated Account

How do you Meditate on Bible Scriptures?

Back in 2019, I wanted to find out how I should meditate on the Scriptures, since the Psalms speaks on meditating day and night, as well as God telling Joshua to do the same. So, I asked the Holy Spirit and He showed me a vision of three people if I can remember correctly. One was Xu Yun, second was I think Ramana Maharishi and ive kind of forgotten the third guy. And I love these guys!!!

What Xu Yun and Ramana Maharishi have in common are that they contemplate on the question "Who Am I?" and this vision is directly interpreted as the Scriptures we have questions about being a hua tou, and they need to be cracked so that information, revelation and realisation can flow just like the standard hua tou. So this is how I've been doing it.

I start by sitting in my favorite posture (half lotus for me, I kinda got used from my kriya days, but posture really doesn't matter what posture, I sometimes lie down, or sit like that thinking statue) and do a few deep breaths to calm my mind and begin to dwell on the hua tou which is a Scripture that I have questions about or that I want to experience.

Three stages occur, firstly a flow of Information into the mind as well as outside of it, secondly revelations that drop in dreams, visions and in my spirit (intuitively) and thirdly realisation where I begin to know the Scripture and see it in my daily life, sort of like it the Scripture becomes alive and uses the Universe to relay a tangible experience which is not fleeting.

I dono, how do you think one is supposed to meditate on the Scriptures? What have been your experiences, I'd so love to hear!
Old 14-02-2021, 03:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Back in 2019, I wanted to find out how I should meditate on the Scriptures, since the Psalms speaks on meditating day and night, as well as God telling Joshua to do the same. So, I asked the Holy Spirit and He showed me a vision of three people if I can remember correctly. One was Xu Yun, second was I think Ramana Maharishi and ive kind of forgotten the third guy. And I love these guys!!!

What Xu Yun and Ramana Maharishi have in common are that they contemplate on the question "Who Am I?" and this vision is directly interpreted as the Scriptures we have questions about being a hua tou, and they need to be cracked so that information, revelation and realisation can flow just like the standard hua tou. So this is how I've been doing it.

I start by sitting in my favorite posture (half lotus for me, I kinda got used from my kriya days, but posture really doesn't matter what posture, I sometimes lie down, or sit like that thinking statue) and do a few deep breaths to calm my mind and begin to dwell on the hua tou which is a Scripture that I have questions about or that I want to experience.

Three stages occur, firstly a flow of Information into the mind as well as outside of it, secondly revelations that drop in dreams, visions and in my spirit (intuitively) and thirdly realisation where I begin to know the Scripture and see it in my daily life, sort of like it the Scripture becomes alive and uses the Universe to relay a tangible experience which is not fleeting.

I dono, how do you think one is supposed to meditate on the Scriptures? What have been your experiences, I'd so love to hear!

Interesting, I, myself, wait for answers to come to me. I think day and night about the divine so you could say that I am meditating non-stop on God's Word. Information like this is downloaded in my mind.

I give you some examples, when Jesus said that those who raise the sword, die by the sword, looking deeply, in my opinion, we can see that He actually says, everything you do comes back to you, you can't escape this. In other words, there's a price to be paid for every action we do. He also says that your Yes be Yes and your No be No and that the everything else comes from the evil. He knew about the power of thoughts/words/actions.

Another example is where He talks about the fact that all those who do the will of the Father are His mother, brother, sister and so on. Here, He basically says that in the Kingdom of God we are all one, there's no more a distinction between us.

What's even more beautiful is that He also includes Himself here. ( For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother ).
Old 14-02-2021, 03:45 PM
Molearner

Lectio divination....
Old 14-02-2021, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Lectio divination....

There are different types of Meditation and some see contemplating as Meditation, I suppose it depends on what you want from the Practice.
Old 14-02-2021, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Interesting, I, myself, wait for answers to come to me. I think day and night about the divine so you could say that I am meditating non-stop on God's Word. Information like this is downloaded in my mind.

I give you some examples, when Jesus said that those who raise the sword, die by the sword, looking deeply, in my opinion, we can see that He actually says, everything you do comes back to you, you can't escape this. In other words, there's a price to be paid for every action we do. He also says that your Yes be Yes and your No be No and that the everything else comes from the evil. He knew about the power of thoughts/words/actions.

Another example is where He talks about the fact that all those who do the will of the Father are His mother, brother, sister and so on. Here, He basically says that in the Kingdom of God we are all one, there's no more a distinction between us.

What's even more beautiful is that He also includes Himself here. ( For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother ).

Amazing indeed! The sword of karma. Yes and No, I totally agree with you. That's the coolest thing where Jesus identifies himself as "our brother". I must say that it took a little whole to get comfortable with Jesus until I saw this verse.

There are those times when the Holy Spirit just comes on you and then takes you Into the life of the Saint your reading about, how he felt, what he thought at the time that was happening, and kind of getting an internal perspective on the whole thing. I remember experiencing what Abraham experienced when he was told to leave all he knew, his home and all, and God had told me the same thing.

Sometimes, some of the Saints come through and Channel through you to help you get a clear understanding, and even write through you... Apostle Paul loves this!
Old 14-02-2021, 07:34 PM
My input, take it or leave it.

I come from an Eastern background so my use of meditation is different.
I, also, say contemplating since thought is involved.
Who cares.
Anyhoo, pick a verse, any verse:

-Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first and all else will come
-Our Father Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name...
-Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Sit comfortably, not to fall asleep, tho.
Turn off your electronic pings, doorbell, close your eyes.
Approach the verse as a dog tilting it's head inquisitively...unknowing, innocent.

Take each word:
- Hmm. what is it to seek, how do I seek? what is this Kingdom? where is it...what would it be?... and so on
-Hmm, Our Father ---why did Jesus address him particularly as Father? He's in Heaven? Where is this Heaven....Name?
Why
is It hallowed? who is hallowing It? What is It, anyway?
What did Jesus know that I don't about this Name, this Holy Name of God....and so on
- What is it to delight in something? I delight in my little boy, my dog a flower...
how would I delight in the Lord? I would have to know the Lord, then-- as intimately as my doggy, my child, the flower...really know Him.
How would I know Him?.
How do you know the Lord intimately...and so on.

One pondering thought leads automatically to another pensive inquiry....
Let it flow, let it unfold.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-02-2021, 08:41 PM
Master
May I add, while meditating, it might be helpful to listen to see if you 'will get a message(s).

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-02-2021, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
May I add, while meditating, it might be helpful to listen to see if you 'will get a message(s).
Sure you can.
Sorry, I thought that was a given.
Shoulda put: " pause, wait..."---"pause, wait, sit, be open ...", I guess.
I thought, "Let it unfold'', was enough.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-02-2021, 10:53 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton

i take my attention fully off my thoughts and ego. you don't really meditate on the scriptures, you live what they pointed to

PROVERBS 3:5

Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your being and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

Proverbs 3:5-7
Easy-to-Read Version
5 Trust the Lord completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge

Psalm 146:3 Don’t put your confidence in any people; there is no help for you there.

Psalm 60:11for all human help is useless.

John 19:36
the Scripture should be fulfilled

Galatians 4:30
But what saith the Scripture? Put out the servant (thought) and her son (ego):
Old 14-02-2021, 11:37 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
....scriptures, you live what they pointed to
PROVERBS 3:5
Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your being and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
Proverbs 3:5-7Easy-to-Read Version
5 Trust the Lord completely, and don’t depend on your own knowledge
Psalm 146:3 Don’t put your confidence in any people; there is no help for you there.
Psalm 60:11for all human help is useless.
John 19:36
the Scripture should be fulfilled
Galatians 4:30
But what saith the Scripture? Put out the servant (thought) and her son (ego):
YES! It's really this simple ...dive in head first completely ...trust the Lord only!
If that's too scary and unimaginable do it for one week, then.