Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 12:08 PM
Master
QUOTE 257 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
So … where do you go after physical death? You just permanently switch to your astral body … which is the same body used in your dreams … except now you are more aware of being in that body and you will take charge of its “daily” activities … much the same as with the physical body / life.

Having had an NDE, it became clear many years ago that the non-physical essence (call it what you will) does indeed survive physical death and, since communication with departed entities is possible (and even discussed openly in seminars for mental health professionals), there are no doubts regarding what you wrote ... except that one might not switch "permanently" to the astral body as it is commonly called.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:22 PM
Master
I agree I can’t find a permanent theory for the astral/ghost theory that residents can hold light ; than some of the astral body’s—- inline with the human avatar

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 04-05-2021, 03:10 PM
Master

Let me ask … how would the word “permanently” be used … in what context and with what understanding would the word be used … where it would be a perfectly legitimate statement? Is there a way to look at the use of the word where it would accurately apply?

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 04-05-2021, 07:41 PM
Master
Pinhole theory offers a lot more astral body’s...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 05-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Let me ask … how would the word “permanently” be used … in what context and with what understanding would the word be used … where it would be a perfectly legitimate statement?

I can't think of a context in which the word "permanently" could be used in reference to the astral body. After all, Buddhism is predicated on the principle of "impermanence".
Old 05-05-2021, 02:56 PM
Master

How about … during a physical incarnation … there is an ongoing movement between the physical and astral bodies during various daily experiences. With the end of the physical incarnation … that ongoing movement no longer exists … therefore … permanent. Since both you and I firmly believe in reincarnation into the physical realm … I knew when I wrote it … and know now … that this change would not be *permanent* in the absolute sense … but certainly would in a more short-term period … and since lifetimes can be so long in the astral worlds … “permanency” might have an even more “permanent” tone. ( HeH )

Anyone who wishes to walk farther into the inner worlds needs to broaden their vision … and *LET* things work for them … rather than finding ways that they do not … according to current teachings and popular definitions. It all depends on viewpoint … and how narrow / broad it is.

If this is still unacceptable to you … then … we can let it go. It’s a very small point … but … to broaden ones vision … including word definitions … can be a truly valuable lesson and is the only reason I brought it up in the first place. Admittedly … there will always be exceptions to this.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 06-05-2021, 02:20 PM
Master

Considerations Seventy-Five …

Stopping the Mind …

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

I have made some past statements about stopping the mind … as a goal or ideal … and many long for and work towards this. I wholly accept that it is a natural and recognized part of the maturing, progress, unfoldment of Soul.

( I tend to use the word ‘unfoldment’ because Soul Itself is a complete entity … but has become entangled or mired by mind in Its ( Soul ) understanding of Itself and of Life … and so must mature or unfold into what It has always been … by working through the mental, emotional, and physical misperceptions … and uncovering the emotions behind the rationale and the continuance of these mental habits … and the learning and taking up an entirely new approach to the understanding of life around It as It lifts into the Pure God Worlds. This is our adventurous Path. )

It is the nature of the Lower Psychic Worlds to put a mental spin and understanding on everything … again … coupled with emotions. We perpetuate the old concepts and viewpoints by constantly thinking of and from them. The undisciplined mind … runs … constantly. Though many might believe otherwise … we are *much* more an emotional creature than a thinking one. Every thought has feeling behind it … somewhere.

It is totally understandable to want some restfulness from this. When one is able to realize this goal and stop the mind for however long interval … and perhaps spend a lifetime or two … or ten or a hundred … being able to achieve this momentary R&R … doesn’t one find the it does not achieve or lead to what was once expected.

Nonetheless … it *is* a necessary step.

The Lower Psychic Worlds are designed to bring into each individual’s life what is focused on by persistently thinking of them … and again … coupling these with the varying emotions. Imagine the harm one does by constantly going over past mistakes or shortcomings. This habit can be broken … but it involves a long and taxing endeavor. This battle takes on a whole new picture when and if an individual is able to “stop the mind” … even for a few moments … or when and if an individual can carry this interval out for minutes or hours or ??

After doing this for as many lifetimes as it takes … one finally gains the insight that all the “habits and patterns” that one expected to just “go away” if and when one can stop the mind … don’t go away. I have used the example before of driving in a car on a long straightaway … then taking ones foot off the accelerator … letting the car coast to a stop … and taking a look around. One does *not* automatically exit the car. To “exit the car” would be a soundly different goal or undertaking.

Once again … you are not going to know this until you reach the goal of stopping the mind. It can be … and is … done. Learning how to stop the mind even for a few moments is a worthy endeavor. One can learn to do this on command.

Once one has undergone this aspect of the adventure in its entirety … you slowly come to the conclusion that one must revise and reform the still-apparent habits and patterns. With a new and growing perspective on just what the mind is and how it works … one begins to “look beyond mind” for new perceptions on which to hold the attention and build ones understanding of life. In a sense … this involves taking a very new look and deep scrutiny of these beliefs we still hold onto. The entire approach of “looking beyond mind” takes on the search for more permanent, lasting, foundational principles to live from … and let go of the more faddish, promoted, common beliefs of the day.

More importantly … once these patterns are uncovered and understood … just what do we use to take their place? How do we make the detrimental less so … and how do we make the somewhat beneficial more so? With the current promotions of the religions and philosophies constantly vying for our attention … just where do we turn to find the necessary information to take some rather faltering steps into the Unknown. What are the foundations upon which the whole of Mind … even the Universal Mind … what are the principles that give rise to that? What comes before the “Universal Mind?” This all gives rise to much later adventure.

With your growing understanding as to just what mind is and isn’t … the individual … still using mind … begins to determine just what in life around him / her is superficial … what is presumed but not substantial … what is apparent but not “real” … what is illusory but not genuine … and not “genuine” to what end?

Soon one realizes that a major part of what is illusory about these Lower Psychic Worlds is that there is the belief that outer circumstances “just happen” in each of our lives … but that turns out to *not* be the case at all. We discover … that part of the Law of Spirit is the principle of growth from the inner to the outer … from the above to the below. We each … design it all … of and within our own lives. This principle of growth is the root of all life … whether spiritual, intellectual, or material. The fact that someone told us so-and-so … or that I read it in a book or on a website … matters not. We … accepted it into our consciousness.

The great majority of this turns out to be second-hand knowledge. Again … this is normal.

Discernment comes at great cost and effort.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -

Tidbit …

Truth is always obscured because it is hidden behind intelligent and gleaming things. These enchantments hypnotize us because mind loves them. The Lower Psychic Worlds are so designed. It is not a matter of ignorance … but more a matter of the individual believing in things that are not so … a feature that mind is superb at.

- - O-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 06-05-2021, 02:34 PM
Master
QUOTE 267 EXCERPT:

Quote:
It’s a very small point … but … to broaden ones vision … including word definitions … can be a truly valuable lesson

I agree that this is indeed "a very small point" especially since some things cannot be adequately expressed with admittedly inadequate words.

Let's move on. This is all good stuff, zorkchop.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:26 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
except that one might not switch "permanently" to the astral body as it is commonly called.

true as we may join with another physical body again
Old 06-05-2021, 05:49 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I can't think of a context in which the word "permanently" could be used in reference to the astral body. After all, Buddhism is predicated on the principle of "impermanence".

the Buddhist's belief in impermanence is very permanent which brings up the question, what can hold this unchanging view that everything is impermanent permanently? how is "it" which holds this unchanging view that everything is always changing always changing because obviously it is not if "it's" belief in impermanence is never changing. thus the zen masters statement to hold no beliefs, none, as truth is never found there. but then even this is a belief not to be held. my view is one can observe the existence of the permanent and impermanent in each moment as it is before language is added.

i'm not sure what the word "astral body" is referring to and what is the relationship between "conscious awareness" and this imagined or seen "astral" body. maybe conscious awareness itself appears as colored lights and "egg shaped" simply because those are the properties or substance of conscious energy itself. so in that case, it is not a body at all, it is us as we are, conscious awareness as it appears to conscious awareness in the non-physical energy based dimensions. to see, a seer must be present. really we can't divorce what is seen from what is seeing it.
Closed Thread