Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-05-2021, 11:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Seeing faces in mirrors

A while back I was looking in the mirror and what I saw was my brother's face looking back at me. Me and my brother very much do look alike, but it really did seem like his face. What does that mean? Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Old 03-05-2021, 01:55 PM
asearcher

Hi, someone wrote a book about this, first wrote about past life or the afterlife or something about it (I forgot) and then the second book was all about seeing spirits in mirrors, so no, you are not alone =) (I'm sorry I forgot the author). Seeing spirits in mirrors, special made mirrors, was too believed to be possible in the old days. In the Jewish faith in one past life experience I had I had that exact thing - that the mirrors in the home was covered

"Individuals who are in mourning, or in a shiva home, are required to cover mirrors from the time an individual dies until the end of shiva. There are several reasons as to why Judaism requires this. The first reason may stem from the idea that man was created in the image of God."

"You should cover the mirror in a house where there's been a death because the soul of the dead person wanders around for three days, and it should not see itself in the mirror—if this happens the mirrors will tarnish and never be clean again, or in days to come the mirror will turn and make a picture of the dead."

Alright so now when I read that - it is not about the spirit already being in the mirror (LOL) it is that it is outside and will see itself in the mirror!

I guess my point is that mirror and spirits are known to be connected =)
Old 03-05-2021, 04:21 PM
Master
Maybe. A portal! Lol

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 03-05-2021, 06:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi, someone wrote a book about this, first wrote about past life or the afterlife or something about it (I forgot) and then the second book was all about seeing spirits in mirrors, so no, you are not alone =) (I'm sorry I forgot the author). Seeing spirits in mirrors, special made mirrors, was too believed to be possible in the old days. In the Jewish faith in one past life experience I had I had that exact thing - that the mirrors in the home was covered

"Individuals who are in mourning, or in a shiva home, are required to cover mirrors from the time an individual dies until the end of shiva. There are several reasons as to why Judaism requires this. The first reason may stem from the idea that man was created in the image of God."

"You should cover the mirror in a house where there's been a death because the soul of the dead person wanders around for three days, and it should not see itself in the mirror—if this happens the mirrors will tarnish and never be clean again, or in days to come the mirror will turn and make a picture of the dead."

Alright so now when I read that - it is not about the spirit already being in the mirror (LOL) it is that it is outside and will see itself in the mirror!

I guess my point is that mirror and spirits are known to be connected =)

Hi asearcher, I think I chose the wrong wording for the thread title. What I meant was, looking at myself in the mirror, was, for a brief second like looking at someone else (my brother). My face changed briefly. A similar thing happened to my brother years ago. He was a heavy cannabis smoker at the time. One time he was stoned, and he said he looked in the mirror, and he said he saw his face change to my father's face. My father was very abusive to us when we were young, and this experience frightened my brother so much that he stopped smoking cannabis. Similar things have happened when I look at my mother. At times, I look at her, and it's like looking at my ex girlfriend. My ex and mum are both very different people. Physically and personality wise. All just weird stuff, I dunno lol. Maybe just me.

As for the "mirrors and spirits being connected" absolutely. On more than one occasion I have been advised to cover my mirrors. This, I think is common knowledge in spiritual communities. Mirrors are portals for sure
Old 04-05-2021, 04:28 AM
asearcher

Hi Smoon, I apologize too, I misunderstood. Could it be Pareidolia you think only you and your bro has it attached not to objects but on other people's faces?
Old 04-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
Hi Smoon, I apologize too, I misunderstood. Could it be Pareidolia you think only you and your bro has it attached not to objects but on other people's faces?

No need to apologise at all asearcher, I like what you wrote, its interesting 😊. I dont believe its Pareidola, I think more so to do with projection. The time when my brother looked in the mirror when he was stoned, I believe the drugs opened him up a bit, and what he saw in the mirror was an aspect of himself that he was unconscious of (shadow projection). So obviously, me seeing my own brother's face is the same for me. Their are certain things about him that irritate me very much, those things are probably aspects of myself that I am in denial of. It's all cool stuff, I like it very much, but incredibly hard work. I might be wrong though.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:00 PM
asearcher

hi yes that might very well be it. Some are more visual gifted than others =)