Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 05-07-2022, 12:37 PM
Knower
"It works" book feedback

Hello!
Has anyone experimented with the concepts of the book "It works". It seems to be in aligned to LOA. Please share results/experience if any.

Thanks
Bb
Old 05-07-2022, 07:21 PM
Master

I hadn't come across this book but a quick search on Amazon shows it was written by R.H. Jarrett and was first published in 1926.

The cheapest Kindle version is only 16 pages but at $1.12 I will invest in it.

The concepts seem very simple, but if it works then it works.

Peace
Old 05-07-2022, 09:37 PM
Master

I read this book some time ago, when I was in a different point of my spiritual quest. I liked its simplicity and brevity, so it seemed worth a try. I probably tried it, without memorable results.

This isn't to say that the method doesn't work. It means that whatever I understood of it at the time didn't work.

There are many people that swear by all kind of "law of attraction" methods, but I haven't first hand met anybody proving that they used it successfully. Even the wealthier promoters, they made money from selling it, with no proof that it was because they successfully applied what they preach.

I believe that none of these methods works when applied mechanically, by recipe. Even if it worked for somebody, I believe that in most cases it was because they got lucky and they don't really know why it worked.

Looking with "new" eyes at the three short rules ...

1. Surely you have to know what you want, and making a list is the best way to frame it, so that whatever grants those wishes has a to do list. The best way to communicate the list to your subconscious is to do it when you are in a state of consciousness optimum for that. This is naturally achieved twice a day, when you fall asleep and when you wake up, at those threshold moments, not anytime at night or in the morning. At noon it might work if you take a nap, or intentionally get in a light trance meditating, praying, relaxing deeply.

2. I believe that the second advice, to think about about your list as often as possible, is wrong. It implies that either you just make the request hoping that you'll serendipitously get your message through, or that your subconscious, or whatever you believe that it grants your wishes is forgetful and needs to be reminded. Both implications are counterproductive. Another reason not to keep thinking about your list is that it shows that you doubt your success, and guess what: doubt brings failure!

I believe that you should make your list, memorize it well enough, so when you fall asleep, or when you wake up you'll be able to think about it, focused enough. Or, alternatively, get in a light trace and think about your list, or ask whatever force you believe that it can grant it. It shouldn't be necessary to repeat your request, neither when you do it, nor more than maybe once a week, or every few weeks, and more like a review. Your subconscious doesn't forget anything, but you have to communicate to it clearly what you want, with what restrictions, and feeling that you trust it, you don't have doubts.

3. This point isn't about keeping it secret, but that when you communicate your wishes and dreams to others it is likely that you'll feel some doubts about the possibility of them being fulfilled, and often the other person even if they don't openly express any doubts, it is likely that they might feel them, which is counterproductive to the materialization of your wishes: doubt brings failure!

In conclusion, as in everything we're attempting, details and understanding of what we're doing play an essential role, so you can't just mimic others, nor just follow a guru or a dogma. That won't work. Try to understand what and why, or even better use your intuition too!

Good luck!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-10-2022, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I read this book some time ago, when I was in a different point of my spiritual quest. I liked its simplicity and brevity, so it seemed worth a try. I probably tried it, without memorable results.

This isn't to say that the method doesn't work. It means that whatever I understood of it at the time didn't work.

There are many people that swear by all kind of "law of attraction" methods, but I haven't first hand met anybody proving that they used it successfully. Even the wealthier promoters, they made money from selling it, with no proof that it was because they successfully applied what they preach.

I believe that none of these methods works when applied mechanically, by recipe. Even if it worked for somebody, I believe that in most cases it was because they got lucky and they don't really know why it worked.

Looking with "new" eyes at the three short rules ...

1. Surely you have to know what you want, and making a list is the best way to frame it, so that whatever grants those wishes has a to do list. The best way to communicate the list to your subconscious is to do it when you are in a state of consciousness optimum for that. This is naturally achieved twice a day, when you fall asleep and when you wake up, at those threshold moments, not anytime at night or in the morning. At noon it might work if you take a nap, or intentionally get in a light trance meditating, praying, relaxing deeply.

2. I believe that the second advice, to think about about your list as often as possible, is wrong. It implies that either you just make the request hoping that you'll serendipitously get your message through, or that your subconscious, or whatever you believe that it grants your wishes is forgetful and needs to be reminded. Both implications are counterproductive. Another reason not to keep thinking about your list is that it shows that you doubt your success, and guess what: doubt brings failure!

I believe that you should make your list, memorize it well enough, so when you fall asleep, or when you wake up you'll be able to think about it, focused enough. Or, alternatively, get in a light trace and think about your list, or ask whatever force you believe that it can grant it. It shouldn't be necessary to repeat your request, neither when you do it, nor more than maybe once a week, or every few weeks, and more like a review. Your subconscious doesn't forget anything, but you have to communicate to it clearly what you want, with what restrictions, and feeling that you trust it, you don't have doubts.

3. This point isn't about keeping it secret, but that when you communicate your wishes and dreams to others it is likely that you'll feel some doubts about the possibility of them being fulfilled, and often the other person even if they don't openly express any doubts, it is likely that they might feel them, which is counterproductive to the materialization of your wishes: doubt brings failure!

In conclusion, as in everything we're attempting, details and understanding of what we're doing play an essential role, so you can't just mimic others, nor just follow a guru or a dogma. That won't work. Try to understand what and why, or even better use your intuition too!

Good luck!

Inavalon, excellent advice!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)