Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-09-2020, 04:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Recurring Ex Gf Dream

Three years ago I dated this lovely blonde lady for a month. I originally approached her in the street one day 4 years prior to our first date (4 years to the day). It was just the way the timing worked out - we lost initial contact having never met up after the original approach, and our first date fell on the exact day 4 years later, which was of course a romantic little touch. After a handful of dates and having started to get close, I cut it off. I hate to sound rude, but it was due a tiny imperfection of hers which irritated me. I think it was unnecessarily harsh though and I regretted it.

Anyways, a year after I cut it off I had a dream about her, exactly one year to the day after our first date (there seemed to be a pattern emerging with that date now!). And in the two following years I have again dreamt about her during that same week of September that our first date was during.

So last night I had that yearly dream about her and it went like this... There was some sort of vintage themed outside event on in the grounds of a mansion and I pulled up in a car. She came walking over to me with her hair done gorgeous and wearing a sexy red dress and she asked me if I was available, then she kissed me through the car window. The she walked over to a crowd of friends and I drove around the other side of a green at the front of the mansion to wait on her. As I was sitting waiting on her there was an eclipse of the sun, and I woke up soon after that.

This is probably the first time in my life that I've ever attempted to interpret what a dream meant but due to the significance of me always dreaming about her during this particular week, it has been on my mind all day long. In my limited knowledge of dream interpretation, I took it to mean that my dream may have been telling me that she was the sun that's been eclipsed from my life.

I'm a psychology graduate and continuing student, so this has been a very poignant experience for me. Out of 52 weeks in a year, how does my brain know to dream about her during this particular week? It's incredible. She seems to have a location in my brain that pops up every year to say hi in my sleep.

Anyways, I couldn't stop myself from contacting her this morning for the first time in 2 years to tell her about it (2 years ago I did tell her about the first dream) and I had this little fantasy in my head of us getting back together. However, she and her partner are expecting their first baby in a few months. So the fantasy was short lived.

Can anyone enlighten me more about this?
Old 23-09-2020, 08:26 AM
Elfin

Hi... I am no dream expert, as I keep telling people. But there are several things that jump out at me. Firstly, in the dream , you only saw how stunningly beautiful she is. She kissed you, which would tell me she has/ had feelings for you still. You went to wait for her, but did not actually have the "meeting" because the dream ended.This would suggest to me, that even though she had feelings for you, she wouldn't put her whole life on hold for you, as you found out. It is obvious that this lady has been on your mind a lot over time, and not surprising therefore that you would dream about her around the time of when you met/ were together. Her tiny imperfection is part of the beauty of who she is. None of us are perfect... We all have little imperfections. I bet even you have one or two!... And even then, I would go as far as to say, the "shell" ..our exterior, is only what houses our soul. Our inner self being the true beauty. You were very honest about why you ended the relationship on here. I applaud your honesty. That can't have been easy to admit. I'm wondering if she knew the reason you ended the relationship. Were you honest with her too ?... But whatever, I hope that one little tiny imperfection , is not going to haunt you, in what could have been a wonderful relationship. As you said, you have regretted it since. Maybe all a learning curve. Wishing you well.