Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You're the one being repetitive. And what makes you think I'm not self aware? It's something I've never discussed because nobody, including you, has bothered to go any further.
When you can make a coherent, truthful argument, I'll be here.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:15 PM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
I don't, I never said anything about that they thought. What I have done is made the parallels between things like Ahamkara and ego, and Chitta/lower mind with cognitive behaviour/dissonance. it's pretty obvious to me (and a couple of other people I've talked to) that they agree. Anybody else who has a care to can do the same. It looks like Maya or 'false self' is akin to Jung's persona. If you have any wisdom feel free to share.

Just my musings................

When the argument is being lost, one of the tools to be used is to accuse the other party of gaslighting. If you look at how the expression gaslighting is being used and who is using that expression, it might become evident what the true issue is all about.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:21 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Just my musings................

When the argument is being lost, one of the tools to be used is to accuse the other party of gaslighting. If you look at how the expression gaslighting is being used and who is using that expression, it might become evident what the true issue is all about.
Do you know what Gaslighting is BJ? It's when someone tells you what obviously isn't so. For example, when someone says "I never said that" AFTER being shown exactly where they said that. Twice. Another example is when someone says 'the argument is being lost' AFTER being shown how the other WAS gaslighting.

So tell us BJ - what are your 'musings' truely about?
Old 01-11-2020, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
Do you know what Gaslighting is BJ? It's when someone tells you what obviously isn't so. For example, when someone says "I never said that" AFTER being shown exactly where they said that. Twice. Another example is when someone says 'the argument is being lost' AFTER being shown how the other WAS gaslighting.

So tell us BJ - what are your 'musings' truely about?

It seems like you are saying that I can not express my own opinion, is that correct?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-11-2020, 04:56 PM
janielee

Quote:
I never said it couldn't, you were to busy telling me I was in a box and making me out to be a fool. I've always maintained that unless one knows how the ego is and how it operates it means one is still in the ego trap - redefining the ego for one's own agenda then declaring oneself awake, enlightened and transcended the ego is still in the ego trap.

Greenslade says: The clinical definition of ego means an inability to function according to Jung, not me.

Source: https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...&postcount=114

Glad you now know it can be fully transcended and in fact for the Masters, the state of transcendence is a very real situ

Quote:
So beyond the quotes?

Oh now you are not into Jung?

It's been enlightening to go straight to the source, as opposed to get his representation from others.

Thanks for the conversations, and for getting to the bottom of years of your stance that Masters such as Jesus and Buddha operated with ego. (if you want to learn more, go to Carl Jung - although I would argue that one doesn't need to plumb the depths and every crook and crevice of ego. Once seen,
there are many spiritual expedients and this is where spirituality far surpasses psychology IMO; with full respect to psychology for what it does - assuming there are different schools therein anyway)

JL
Old 01-11-2020, 04:58 PM
janielee

Quote:

It seems like you are saying that I can not express my own opinion, is that correct?

No, he is not saying that. You have a habit of putting words in peoples' mouths, unfortunately.

Here's an example of gaslighting:

https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...&postcount=141
Old 01-11-2020, 05:02 PM
Kioma

Quote:
If it 'seemed' like I was saying anything, it would be a friendly suggestion that you, like Greenslade, would both probably leave with much more credibility if you quit while you were ahead.

Of course if you want to continue to perpetuate the perception that you are both serial gaslighters - you are more than welcome to keep talking. I won't stand in your way, by any means.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:03 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
No, he is not saying that. You have a habit of putting words in peoples' mouths, unfortunately.

Thank you JL. I am glad I am not the only one who is tired of these manipulations and abuses.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

LOL!
Are you still claiming people can translate transliterations?

And because if somebody disagrees with you, you claim that is gaslighting?

Come on.......

Old 03-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
When you can make a coherent, truthful argument, I'll be here.
I'm still waiting for you to make an argument.