Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-12-2010, 07:46 AM
supernova

Hatha Yoga is a cruder form of yoga and it makes our body comfortable for meditation and once that is Raja Yoga and when you are in that state you no more need Hatha yoga and all else gets accomplished there.

You are right Hatha Yoga helps boost the powers ingrained in Kundalini and once your Kundalini is awakened you will be in a different state and you do not need Hatha Yoga. Then all you need is Raja Yoga and once you reach that state you have to shed all else and once you are across the river do not carry the boat that helped you go across
Old 30-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Ciqala

Oh awesome, thanks Supernova, i'm going to look into Raja Yoga as well.
Old 30-12-2010, 08:33 AM
OceanWaves19161

Yea it is energy work Uma. I have looked briefly at that book you suggested but didn't fully explore it. I thought it was interesting but I didn't agree with all of it either. I've found that the energy I help to channel tends to send people through storms for a couple of days and then they feel much better. The inner storms tend to be particularly bad after working in that stomach area though. One interesting thing I did find was that usually people had very contrasting archetypes within them. For example if someone had a submissive archetype they also tended to have a strong dominating archetype such as an overpowering king (this was usually hidden behind the submissive archetype).
Old 30-12-2010, 08:43 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Oh awesome, thanks Supernova, i'm going to look into Raja Yoga as well.

When you are at that phase you will have no discrimination and everything becomes insignificant and all else will submerge into one great whole.

This is called yoga and you will be yogi and you will have yogic powers. You can rewrite your destinies then.

You may live like anybody, eat, drink, make merriment, have sex and live lavishly but you will live detachedly like a lotus flower though you are on mire you are not mired.
Old 30-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Ciqala

Thanks again Supernova, yeah that would be nice. Detachment, oneness, and whole awareness is what my aim is, i have a long way to go, i do not have all awareness of earthly pleasures at all times, and my kundalini appears to be in an odd stage lately. The feel of yoga was always lost on me in the past, i hope to give it a try again soon enough, also hope to find teachers who stick to the real forms. I never explored much into the world of yoga, been interested for a long while now.
I'm also quite interested in learning the 5 tibetan rites, seems fascinating.
Old 30-12-2010, 10:14 AM
mayancalendar

Hmm.. interesting! I am no expert on Kundalini myself, but did hear that trying to awaken it without a spiritual master is asking for trouble. Any dangers associated with Kundalini rising? Interesting thread!
Old 30-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves19161
Yea it is energy work Uma. I have looked briefly at that book you suggested but didn't fully explore it. I thought it was interesting but I didn't agree with all of it either.

I can't remember... What book?

Your energy work sounds really interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWaves1916
One interesting thing I did find was that usually people had very contrasting archetypes within them. For example if someone had a submissive archetype they also tended to have a strong dominating archetype such as an overpowering king (this was usually hidden behind the submissive archetype).

This makes total sense to me. Passive-aggressive types fit that pattern. Also I've found it true in life that the stronger the light, the darker the shadow. (The one exception is one who lives in completely anchored in the crown chakra - but this type of being is extremely rare.) This is why people whose Kundalini has gone as far as the brow and who emanate a lot of energy can be the ones who cause the greatest healing and the greatest havoc in our world because their skill to control/manipulate their world is so much stronger than that of the average person. In another thread I told my own story of living across the street from a neighbour who was a Qigong healer and a psychic vampire at the same time (without intentionally meaning to be) - her energy fluctuations had a lot of impact on people. Same idea.

Last edited by Uma : 30-12-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
....about tantra, i read somewhere, that the whole point was to refrain from orgasm, and channel the sexual energy from it to the chakras? And that actual physical sex was not really part of the tantric teachings, some of the exercises they did were harnessing sexual feelings through other lustful positions that did not include penetration?

You're right Ciqala. This is a much more evolved practice. Tantric Yoga is meant to be an act of great love not great lust. The lust becomes transmuted into ojas, as I described. It is an extremely difficult practice although what's on the internet would suggest than anybody could do it. Physical sex was meant for procreation. It's Nature's game and keeps ego attached to the physical body and hence to the earth plane. It's very hard to fight the pull of the body - and all the karmic entanglements produced through body-associations.

Quote:
Also, i was wondering if you knew about kundalini yogas. I want to control my kundalini better, but there doesn't seem to be any yoga classes in my area named "kundalini", i read somewhere though, that hatha yoga was okay for kundalini exercises. And i get weird looks whenever i ask people about it, because apparently Kundalini yoga can be quite sexual too.

All I know is that forcing the Kundalini to awake prematurely by breathing techniques is risky and requires an extremely competent guide. There are much safer ways. Hatha yoga is great for overall health and wellness and flexibility. Without awakened Kundalini, hatha yoga is merely gymnastics. With awakened Kundalini hatha yoga becomes a meditation practice.

Quote:
To everyone else:
Has anyone else had the experience of being able to control kundalini? I've been able to switch the flows, up or down, and make it do what i please. Is that a good thing, or have i totally messed up the process?

It's definitely a good thing Ciqala. Ujai breath and the power of intention plus attention are all you need to get started - especially power of intention plus attention. If you want, there are also bandhas (seals/locks) to focus the energy on specific areas for different purposes such as remaining youthful, storing vitality... Kundalini is really your higher self, the power of God, working in and through you. How you choose to work with God is up to you. Kundalini will prompt you re. where it wants to go. You can allow it to and work with Her. You can also experiment and journal the effects of playing with the energy. This is when a meditation practice becomes an inner laboratory, and for the sincere seeker, it becomes a true inner temple or church or synague or mosque... It's really an interplay of small ego and big ego.

Last edited by Uma : 30-12-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 30-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Master
Old 30-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Our body is the abode of God and acts of sex can be a worship or a prayer, a renunciation and any child born of a mother who is consecrated with sacred acts of sex will be a great man

Supernova, I think you mean "will be a great human" or was this meant to be a sexist statement?